Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Another Rigley Interest Inventory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Aaaalright.

First off, no; there's to be a concluding celebration to the Argent storyline, I'm only waiting until the end of Kidnapped to set it up. So I don't intend to leave it hanging on that last event and update post alone.

But, that being said, that storyline is drawing to a close. What next?

Well, as usual I've decided to throw out a poll and see what people would be interested in. Please be aware this is most certainly to gauge interest only. I've ran these before and, in the course of voting, became very much against one idea or the other. But I do take into consideration what's doing well, and especially any comments given. So, on to the actual events:

THE ISLAND
Social, combat, survival.

The Island follows an experimental colony of engineers and other scientists, deeply involved with developing a cure for aging and undeath. Using mystic and unknown titanic powers they claim themselves to be on the threshold to achieving this goal, but some things were not meant to be tampered with.

---

This event will be in stages. It will most likely run over the course of a month, and will be introducing a new area for the span of the event. Content wise there will be Dungeoneer-esque collection missions, combat against hordes of enemies and blockading and avoiding said hordes, and lots of engineering talk. There will also be a lot of space for social RP. The only thing concerning over this event is the fact that the third act will restrict the characters to the isle.

BATTLE ON THE MERCHANT COAST
Combat, faction v faction

Essentially a Cata lead-in event concerning the Alliance and Horde in the Barrens. Will begin with naval battles before progressing on to a full on assault and defense in the Horde territory.

---

This event will be Alliance vs Horde, though I probably -will not- get player characters involved on both sides at a time, if only due to all of the chaos it would cause during a fight. So it will be players fighting NPCs, to clarify.

SEA OF CHAOS
Combat, faction v faction, survival

Another event highlighting the renewing Horde and Alliance conflict, Sea of Chaos will be following two vessels from the Horde and Alliance on their journey home from the battles for resources in Northrend. The two cross path and engage one another, but the aftermath of the conflict leaves them stranded upon an unknown northern shore, forced to aid one another in order to navigate their way to a safe harbor of escape.

---

This is an event I've been toying with for a while. It would likely last a week and have a mix between exploration survival and light combat, though it is worth noting that more aggressive characters may be attacked due to the forced armistice the group is made to make. Will involve delving into the caverns of Northrend to escape. Expect madness.

THE VOODOO
Mind-trip, minor combat

Some of you may have met Ooran, a troll hexxer I've used to throw very strange events taking place within the minds of characters. I've actually had a storyline for him for some time, but never have enacted it since it was originally meant for the Mistwalker stuff. Expect lots of trolls. Expect lots of madness. A certain slender troll may be involved.

KEEP ON KEEPING ON, DUDE
Hearthglen!

Hearthglen has actually turned out to be a huge success, at least as I've seen it. I've partially just the inclination to continue to foster the place, since I feel the GM involvement might be part of the reason it has so much attention. At the same time I've heard many complain that they're growing tired of the area.

To note, I'll still try and provide mission board posts-- I just won't be nearly as involved as now.

HEARTHGLEN BUT WITH TROLLS
Trollglen!

Alternatively I could attempt to popularize another area, perhaps Azshara Cratter by bringing my Mistwalker Tribe into full use. If this is done expect it to lead into THE VOODOO at some point, since as mentioned it was one of their storylines.

This'd basically provide more social RP, trolls, and trollish celebrations and the like. And Azshara Crater RP, although again all of this hinges upon player interest.

SOLIDARITY
Social RP, minor combat, political stuff, crime and corruption

Right, forgot about this one. This is a storyline I had thought up which would bring a lead-in into the political turmoil all throughout Stormwind come Cata. This is the homeless droves wandering Westfall, the lines of angry civilians in Redridge, and the protesters outside Stormwind's gates. This storyline would begin to bring these changes up, along with a group of ill-intended people looking to exploit the situation.

Contains mobsters.

So there are my options-- Check and see what you would find most appealing. Please only vote twice. Comments highly appreciated!
Sea of Chaos sounds quite interesting :D And having been a part of your voodoo event before I say it's also very good. I'm gonna have to vote with sea of chaos though, I always love those type of events where opposites (in this case opposite factions) are forced to work together
Yo! I'll drop by with my own thoughts on each of these.

THE ISLAND
Social, combat, survival.

I like the premise, though it doesn't grab me as much as some of the others do.

BATTLE ON THE MERCHANT COAST
Combat, faction v faction

...Call combat events mundane, but I like them. Particularly faction vs. faction. They're easy and not too commitment-heavy.

SEA OF CHAOS
Combat, faction v faction, survival

You had me at 'madness', even if it was the last word.

THE VOODOO
Mind-trip, minor combat

I pulled a creeper and .invis'd around for the last one you did of these (the Tanaris one, I think), and I was intrigued. I was hoping for a follow up, so I am up for this, interest and attendance permitting.

KEEP ON KEEPING ON, DUDE
Hearthglen!

...I don't know why, but I could never get on board with HG after the initial siege finished. While that is certainly 100% my own fault, I'd like to try at involving myself in something different.

HEARTHGLEN BUT WITH TROLLS
Trollglen!

I'm only unsure because I don't see it being very popular. Except for with Hawk, but that goes without saying. If it gained momentum, I'd stick with it.
Sea of Chaos and The Voodoo are my favorite from this list, but I'll go along with anything you do c:
The Voodoo and Trollglen! :)
The sea has my attention.. As does teh Coast! It's time for war!!!
*Biased response is Biased*

I hope that Hearthglen keeps going, because it's a rather nice spot and I do enjoy it there. I'd hate to see it dissolve up simply because everyone moves on. Granted, I doubt it would just be abandoned, just moved further back on priorities. At least I hope events and whatnot wouldn't just stop. I'd be a fairly sad panda and I'm sure some Argent members would be too. :(

For a second favorite, I'm stuck between 'The Island' and 'Sea of Chaos' just because I love survival events and see this as an excuse to take some of my alts out to play. I'm not the best at engie talk though, so I would have to put 'Sea of Chaos' above 'The Island' on my DO WANT list. Either or, I'm sure I have something to fit the occasion on both parts. [Because what -don't- I have a belf for?]

'Battle on the Merchant Coast' looks interesting as well and I see it was spreading further than just the Barrens for racial tension. Might stir up some good ol' racism RP elsewhere in the world. I'm just curious how ground gain would work or if it would just be contained to fighting until cata actually hits the server. Might be a bit hard to represent gains/losses.

Then again, you are Rigley. You could build Stormwind out of boxes if you really wanted to.

On the troll stuff; Looks cool, but I'm not much of a troll fan!
I love trolls and I love voodoo, that is a fact! So my vote should fall to the Mistwalkers but I'm not sure if that is where the energy of a GM should be placed for two reasons;
- The first is that the troll community is small and starting such an eventline would just draw a crowd from somerwhere else and have them roll a troll alt, but also that trolls on CotH are so varied.
That brings me to the second reason.
- And that is keeping a neutral and open profile that doens't ICly offend and cause issues, to me the big thing with the trolls is the voodoo culture with all the gruesome details that the orcs Horde doesn't accept. I fear that an attempt to up the troll RP of the server would just have too weak of an attitude to properly appeal.

Hearthglen is indeed a hit and I think that is where the energy and creativeness should remain. I think the reason people grow tired is because said people aren't integrated in the story and such. Perhaps more openings for non-Crusade and non-Light-followers to hang around the area. A representation of another major faction or perhpas even culture? An Earthen Ring/shaman hub? An official contigency of the Ebon Blade to center the DK's in the area?

(And I think you can guess that I'd wanted a certain dragonflight option in the poll as well! ,p)
As a reminder, please only vote for two events. I c wut u did thar, Reigen!

Some notes on the responses, though my reply will be brief. The Island focuses on more than engineering, though that is a big interest in the beginning. So don think you'll be discluded, as it is aimed to draw in all.

As for the Mistwalkers and popularity, that is my concern as well. I suppose this will help me see the interest.

And in response to Bovel, the Voodoo is dealing with a Troll villain, not troll characters practicing voodoo. Anyone can get involved, just as any can get involved in the mistwalkers. They're geared to be a neutral group, like the rest o the crater.
. . . Oh, didn't see the "Please only vote for two events." Scrap one vote for Hearthglen and the Island.
D'OH.

Fixed. I AM DERP AND SHOULD FEEL DERP.
THE ISLAND
Ffff, yes. This one interests me the most. Though, considering I think you can guess who I'd toss over there, I have to ask how high the risk of death is. Guess it's a good thing she's more a healer now! Heh.

Might be a good kick in the pants for Clovis' idea.

KEEP ON KEEPING ON, DUDE
As a player of a council member, of course I'd vote for this one.

After the celebration are the council members fired? Will it just be pure missions?

Edit note: Granted, my votes mean I don't dislike any of the events. Mar'waz certainly needs RP.
Of course I want Hearthglen to continue. Biased opinion is biased. But as a DM, I understand how it can be draining for you to keep that up.

The Voodoo sounds interesting!
(04-11-2012, 07:01 AM)Rigley Wrote: [ -> ]And in response to Bovel, the Voodoo is dealing with a Troll villain, not troll characters practicing voodoo. Anyone can get involved, just as any can get involved in the mistwalkers. They're geared to be a neutral group, like the rest o the crater.

Sorry, my reaction wasn't properly aimed. I think "The Voodoo" option is a good one that might work very well. Open spots for villains in those events?

And by neutral I assume that means no cannibalism, no scalping, no shrinking nor hunting heads, no humanoid sacrifices and no stereotypical opression against women? Seeing as they are situated in the Crater just below the Earhtshatter clan... I'd honestly be surprised if they did any of it.
ISLAND AND THE VOOODOOO.
but you probably knew this already.
Pages: 1 2