Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Saph's introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hi, my name is Emil or 'Saph'. I'm 19 ½ years old, 20 in December. I have played video games for most of my life and I'm quite competitive about it.

I have always been a somewhat elitist FPS player, playing alot of games like the Battlefield series and Call of Duty series.

I also play League of Legends and the people who I play with seems to think of me as somewhat of a professional (when I really think I'm not). I played LoL since a few months after the game released but I wouldn't consider myself 'pro'. Above average but not a professional.

I'm -very- bad with horror games, since my nerves are quite the wreck after playing so much FPS games. And I can't stand horror in general. For some reason though, I keep playing horror games and streaming them, Dead Space 2 being the recent one.

When it comes to MMORPG's, World of Warcraft was my first big online game. I have tried Rift and Star Wars: The Old Republic but they just.. didn't stick with me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from Sweden and my primary language is of course Swedish. Though, I have always been passionate about the English language and I speak it quite fluently. English isn't a problem at all for me.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Oh wow, where to start? I started by playing Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness and bought Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos/The Frozen Throne. I played through the campaigns about six times each, up to the highest difficulty and played alot online on custom maps. Some few years after that, World of Warcraft was released. I didn't start to play it until very late Vanilla though, just a few months before Burning Crusade was released. However, I stopped playing WoW late February this year.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
As I said above, I stopped playing retail WoW this year. PvE was boring, PvP was easy and dull. RP was always fun but it was getting harder and harder for me to actually find/create it, since the people were leaving the game due to Cata being boring.
The real reason why I stopped playing retail was due to lack of money. Well, not really lack of money but I didn't spend enough time on the game to make those ~12 euros worthwhile. I miss the game, sure but I didn't want to throw money to something I wont play enough. RP was the thing I missed the most. So a week or so ago, my girlfriend decided to browse private servers. We were on a 3.3.5 PvP server awhile but we really wanted to RP the most. Then she found this server and we decided to give it a try.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
On retail, I've roleplayed -alot- of diffrent kinds. I've done tavern RP, villain RP, religious RP, cultist RP, military RP, guard RP, political RP, cross-faction RP, adventure RP, market RP. You name it. I have my preferences on military-villain-tavern-guard RP, I guess. Cultist RP is also high on the list since I was co-leading a Forsaken Religious Cultist guild, that were fanatic in the teachings of the Forgotten Shadow (The opposite of the Paladins Holy Light, in essence). Hell, on retail I did Demon Hunter RP. It's really complicated and isolated from the rest of the normal RP hubs, so I spent most of the RP time with a small group of people, though we -did- get some more people later on to RP with.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
That really depends what I'm in the mood for.
My main character on retail was a Undead Death Knight, who I roleplayed alot on and have alot of history on. I really like the Death Knight class, both to RP with it but also to PvP.
Rogue might come somewhat close aswell when it comes to classes, since I like the shady sort of RP sometimes.
When it comes to races it's either on Forsaken, Human or Night Elf. I love the Lore on those three races, what can I say?

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't really know what to expect. A friendly community who respects the Lore but most of all, greets new players with a smile and a 'Welcome!'.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Language: On several other private servers, people just openly badmouth and yell the worst swears without even knowing what half of them means. Tolerance: When it comes to tolerance, it's the same. People openly call others racial/homophobic or other degrading terms. I don't except either of that. Atleast when it comes to the word 'rape'. People who use that word casually and/or who make jokes about rape have no idea what rape actually does to the victims. Quite honestly, they disgust me.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Spoiler:
Self-betrayal

It was a normal day in the Arathi Highlands. Dull, rainy, cloudy and overly dark. It was approaching midnight, though the moon was no where to be seen due to the dense clouds. Eowale Dreadbringer, Lieutenant of the Fordragon Company and Ebon Blade Knight stood idly at the gates of Stromgarde together with Olian "Shadepelt" Nithiladora, Silver Raven and Scout of Arathor. Both of them were talking about recent incidents, while bantering with eachother, casually exchanging insults. The sole reason for Eowale and Olian being there was one thing; Finding their Captain and long-time friend, Garodin Silversmith.
The reason for his Captains absence was simple. Only a week ago, Eowale had recieved a letter from Faralan "Bearclaw" Thorgint, an old friend and brother-in-arms, saying that Garodin had been spotted with the Forsaken, but not captured. Quite the opposite, he was seen walking with them willingly. The very thought of Garodin betraying everything he had fought for filled him with rage. Olian felt the same, as Garodin was his teacher and mentor, he wished to see Garodin brought to justice. Eowale always knew that Garodin have been meddling with the arts of Shadow magic as he had done aswell, but he never thought he'd sink so low to sell his soul to Phelgas. So there he stood, fully covered in his saronite armour and with his runeaxe on his back, ready to act at any moment.

This was the last time both Eowale and Olian were seen as members of the Alliance.

"Is it official then?" Eowale asked to Olian, standing just a few feet away from him.

"Aye, 'tis. Garodin 'as been branded a traitor, an' is te be killed on sight."

Eowale let out a long, though needless sigh, running a plated hand over his plated helm, looking forward again.
"I wish I knew why Garodin did this. I knew he had gone on a mission in the Plaguelands, but -this-? I thought I knew that man better."

Olian nodded firmly, looking over the road, peering at a scout running towards them.
"Seems like te scout 'as somethin' urgent te report. He's runnin' like he 'as seen a ghost."

He squinted at the running scout, raising a eyebrow underneath his helm.
"Let's see what he has to say."

Eowale and Olian walked forward to meet the scout who was running in a dead run towards them, his eyes wild and bulging out of his sockets in panic.

"Slow down, lad. Wha' do ye 'ave te report?" Olian eyed the scout, noting a bit of blood over his side and arms.

The scout nodded, trying to catch his breath.
"We-.. We got ambushed by the east Watchpoint. Up in the hills. T-.. They were Forsaken. They slaughtered everyone. And they were laughing. Those.. horrible laughs.." The scout fell to his knees, letting out a sob. He was not more than eighteen years old and he had just experience a traumatic incident that was likely to haunt him for the rest of his life.
Eowale looked grimly at Olian, before giving him a quick nod, turning to his deathcharger.

"Right, me an' te Knight 'ere is goin' ahead. Go talk te Bearclaw an' te rest te catch up with us. We're goin' te see wha' happened."
The scout nodded before shuffling up to his feet, running through the gates of Stromgarde. The poor scout was sobbing as he ran, obviously still shaken.

Eowale had mounted his deathcharger and he looked down at Olian.
"What do you think, old friend?"

Olian frowned deeply, before looking to the east.
"I thin' these Forsaken are in te wron' lands." He grinned towards Eowale, pulling down his facemask before running to his own horse.

Eowale and Olian rode in a quick galop towards the east Watchpoint, reaching there within half an hour.
When they arrived to the point, they left the saddles and moved carefully up the hills towards the top. When they reached the watchpoint, the image they got was a unpleasant sight. There were bodies everywhere, mutilated, burned, gutted, cleaved and killed in ways so horrible they cannot be described. One was hanging from a tree branch in his own entrails.

Olian looked around, letting out a disgusted grunt.
"Forsaken alrigh'.. always killin' an' mutilatin'."

Eowale nodded in agreement and looked around, searching for any signs of the attackers. They were still a few yards away from the top of the hill. The snap of a tree limb gave away the situation. He and Olian had walked into the same trap!

A Forsaken leaped from a bush and slammed the hilt of one of his daggers into the back of Olian's head. Olian fell forward with a groan of pain, landing on his side. Eowale looked over his shoulder, his hand grasping the hilt of his runaxe. "Olian! Stand up, before you-.." He had no time to look back at Olian, as he drew his axe and warded off a powerfull over-head blow from the two-handed sword of another Forsaken that had emerged from hiding. He stood there, locked weapon to weapon while staring at the undead. He let out a snarl of hate before pushing his axe forward, making him back off. Atop of the peak, another Forsaken appeared. This one was wearing robes, and in his right hand, he held a banner of the Forsaken. The Forsaken let out a insane cackle.

"You have walked into our trap, fleshlings! You shall be consumed by the Shadow! Rasonal! Take the first live one!" The undead on the hill cackled once again, nodding over at the first Forsaken.
Rasonal walked over towards Olian, kicking into his chest. Olian let out another cry of pain, still dazed by the blow he had recieved before.

"Not yet, Mervyn.. Keep them alive for a moment more." This voice, was a voice Eowale knew all too well. He looked away from the second Forsaken, who was known as 'Sulthar', staring at the Forsaken who just arrived. Eowale felt the rage rise up within him once more. Before him stood Garodin Silversmith. He looked like a undead, but his armour, weapons and his characteristic self-satisfied smirk gave away who he was. One of his oldest friends, stood over Olian, with a wicked grin.

"Why, hello there, Eowale. Long time no see." He grabbed a hold of Olian, a dagger sliding out of the scabbard at his hip, watching Eowale's reaction with a sadistic smile.

"You-.. You traitor.."
Words were beyond Eowales comprehension. He wanted blood, he wanted to spill Garodins entrails and send his soul to Phelgas himself!
A moment after speaking, Rasonal had leaped at him from behind, his daggers thrusting straight into Eowales sides, piercing his kidneys. Being a Death Knight, Eowale didn't feel much pain, but he did get a feeling of the two metal daggers entering and destroying his intests. A frustrated grunt left his lips as he aimed his plated elbow towards his Rasonal, hitting his chin. The blow made Rasonal back off, ripping the daggers out from his back.

Eowale's attention had been misplaced however, as Sulthar raised his sword, delivering a powerfull cleave on his left shoulder, shattering the plate on his shoulder, but luckily it doesn't reach all the way into the bone. Even as an undead, he felt that. He gave away a groan of pain, stumbling backwards as the large sword ripped out of his shoulder. His back was now turned towards the top of the hill. Mervyn, who had already raised his hand, sent a bolt of piercing fire towards his back. His back was hit and set aflame, burning through his cape and his plated chestpiece. He fell to his knees heavily, trying to get steady even as Sulthar rushed up to him, aiming a plated boot towards his face. The kick shattered the cheekbone on his left cheek, also destroying a part of his helmet.

"EOWALE!!" He heard Olian call out who were less dazed by now, but stripped from his weapons and held captive by Garodin.

"Y-.. You mindless beasts.. you will not.. escape.." He grasped his runeaxe, and looked up. Sulthar had moved to place himself between Olian and Eowale, staring at him coldly. Rasonal moved to Olians back and took a hold of Olians arms, holding him up so Eowale could see. Mervyn moved down from the hill, standing next to Garodin as he stared at Eowale.
Garodin had released Olian, walking to the side of Sulthar, grinning down at Eowale.

"And now, my dear friend. You will watch as I kill Olian infront of your very eyes."

Eowale looked up, stumbling to one knee, supporting himself on his runeaxe.
"No-.. I will not.. let you do that.. NO!" He roared and leaped to his feet, using the anger as his fuel and charged towards Garodin, raising his axe to deliver a fatal blow! Though, Sulthar intervened and parried Eowales axe. Once more they stood with weapons locked. Even though it was a powerfull blow, Eowale was already weakened from being attacked over and over. Sulthar pushed Eowale back with his sword, exchanged a few blows before hitting his runeaxe out of his hands, making Eowale stumble backwards. Then Garodin was there. He leaped towards Eowale, delivering another kick towards his already battered face, making his saronite helm fall off his head. He tumbled backwards, his runeaxe lying next to him.

Mervyn, who had been watching idly, walked up to Eowale slowly, looking at him with a calculating look.
"Do you wish for me to stop him in his tracks, Garodin? He's starting to become an annoyance." Mervyn looked from Eowale to Garodin, passing the banner between his hands.

"Do so. But try to evade to essential parts of his body."

With a nod he took a firm hold of the Forsaken banner, raising it high in the air. Olian could only watch as Mervyn impaled the banner through Eowale's chest.
Eowale let out a loud roar of pain. A sickening crunch was heard as Eowale was run straight through by the banner and the sound of flesh tearing apart was heard as the banner appeard through his back. Eowale stared blankly at the banner, taking a hold of it with his plated hand.

The Forsaken thought that it was the last of Eowales actions, so they had all turned their attention to Olian. However, with a insane determination, he took a hold of the wood producing from his chest and snapped it off, stumbling to his feet once more. He snatched up his runeaxe, grasping it firmly with both his hands.

Garodin turned to Eowale, a eyebrow raised as he looked at his former friend.
"Not giving up, are you?" Garodin stood next to Sulthar while Mervyn and Rasonal were holding Olian firmly in his place.

"Y-You should know me.. better than that, -Voidsworn-." He grinned at Garodin, taking his runeaxe's handle in both hands.

Garodin knew, that Eowale would never join him willingly, loyal as he was. However, he intended to try.
"Join me, Eowale. Join -us-. The Shadow will consume all and we are the vanguard of the Shadow."

"Oh, be silent, you filthy rat. You are not going to make me believe your shite. Are you too much of a coward to face me in combat? Did death steal your courage aswell as your soul?"

With a grin, he stepped infront of Sulthar, his right hand behind his back.
Eowale charged straight for Garodin, his axe held at his side. When he was just a few yards from Garodin, Garodins hand lashed out from behind his back and a green canister flew towards Eowale's chest.

Once again, Olian could only watch as the plague bomb hit Eowale dead on. Eowale literally blew up into pieces, his limbs and parts flying over the hill.
Olian stood, speechless as he looked upon Eowale's dead body. Or what was left of it.
He began to struggle agaisnt Rasonal, trying to get loose.

"Get yer feckin' hands o' me! I'LL FECKIN' KILL YE ALL WITH M'OWN HANDS!"
Rasonal coolly drew a sedative dart and inserted the strong poison into his body. Olian quickly fell asleep and Garodin walked over to the remains of Eowale.

Sulthar looked about, frowning as he looked towards the West.
"We'll take them with us to Undercity. I expect our that our presence is no longer a secret. Mervyn, bring the deathcharger down there. Kill the other horse. We have work to do."

As the Forsaken reached Undercity, they headed straight for the Apothecarium. The following days, Eowale was reanimated while Olian was tortured, brainwashed and finally, killed into submission.

Eowale's body was mostly destroyed by the plague bomb. His entire torso was almost like a crater, and his back was burnt deeply. His legs, arms, feet and hands were all severed in the explosion. Most obvious thing was his jaw, who was missing entirely.

"So, what are you going to do with this one, Silversmith?" Sulthar asked as he looked over the Death Knights left overs.

"Im going to put him back together. I trust you can twist his mind enough into believing that -he- was betrayed?"

"Ah, I see.. You wish to twist his memories when we raise him."

"Indeed. I knew well enough that Eowale would not join me willingly and he will still not join me if we raise him with his memories intact. We need to change them."

"I can do that, just make sure he is fit for battle. And replace what is left, and improve him. Make him a true abomination of the War."

"It shall be done, my Lord." Garodin bowed before turning to Eowale, rubbing his hands. "Time to start, my friend."

Garodin filled the missing flesh of his torso aswell as back with melted metal. His entire chest and back were atleast partly metal by now. His shoulder joints were joined with metal, along with his arms and hands. The same happened to his hips, legs and feet. His legs were almost utterly destroyed, so Garodin decided to reinforce them with metal, making them longer and thicker. He made sure that Eowale was still able to run, walk and use his arms as he used to. More characteristic, Garodin engraved Eowale's fingers with long metal-claws, each of them sharp as a dagger.
Another characterstic touch was that Eowale's jaw was missing and was not found by Garodin after he was killed. That was also replaced with a metal-jaw with razor-sharp metallic-teeth. The prodcedure took several days and was performed with the screams of agony in the background, which were caused by Olian.

By the time Garodin was finished, Eowale's body has been strengthened by metal from top to toe. In his sadistic moment, Garodin had covered Eowale's added metal pieces with skin stolen from other humans. The skin was dark and half-rotten, sewn and patched together over the Death Knights entire body.

"Is he finished?" Sulthar asked as he looked over Eowale. He was lying on his back, his eyes closed and in full armour once again. His armour had been mended and repaired, now fitting his tall body and his runeaxe was lying next to him.

"Yes, he is. All that is needed is to revive him." Garodin answered. He looked around at the other Cultists gathered, a eyebrow raised.

"Very good. I shall move along then." He turned and looked at the Cultists and the Apothecary's gathered around.
"Brothers and Sisters of the Shadow! Today, we bring a new brother into the world of the Shadow! You shall greet him and respect him as any other fellow Forsaken brother or sister. For know that the Forsaken nation is strongest when we stand together!"

A chanting of "Shadow wills it!" and "Power to the Forsaken!" was heard by the spectating Forsaken as Sulthar the Wraithlord turned around. He raised his hand, sending a hollow beam of Shadow into the Eowale's body even as the Apothecary's sent charges of electricity into his chest, the metal in his torso conducting it along with his armour.

"You were betrayed. Stabbed in the back of your fellow so called 'brothers-in-arms'. Your trust in them lead to your own demise. The so called "Alliance" is nothing but a bunch of traitors and corrupted filth. They fall easily to corruption and bodily needs. In their greed and lust for power, they killed you, one whom they called 'friend'. They did not wish for you to be with him. They only used you as a tool! A mere tool for their own needs. Now that you were of no use, they disposed of you. A used puzzle piece that no longer fits in their puzzle. Now, awaken and take your revenge upon those who killed -YOU-!"

With a powerfull lurch, Eowale doubled over, rose up half-way. A roar of endless rage escaped his lips even as his eyes opened, glowing a bright light-blue colour. He looked around mindlessly, then down at himself. He looked over at Garodin then to Sulthar. He grabbed his axe and slid off the board, standing tall with his back straight. He was very tall after Garodin's work, standing easily at two and a half meters.

He looked about the gathered Forsaken, narrowing his eyes.
"All shall perish to the might of the Shadow. All the living shall die by my hand! Power to the Forsaken! DEATH TO THE LIVING!"

And so it began. After that moment, the Eowale that people used to trust and respect, was gone. He roamed the lands of the Alliance with his brothers and sisters in undeath, killing at will. All for the Shadow. No-one knew why he did such. No-one bothered to ask him, because he would instantly try to kill them if they got in his way. Several men and women of Arathor have already fallen after that event.

The betrayal of his friend lead to his death. That lead to to him betraying everthing he has fought for during life and as a Ebon Knight. He himself does not know that he was betrayed by Garodin. He is betraying himself everyday in undeath.

All lead to a self-betrayal.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
When it comes to the story:
1. Sorry for being long.
2. It was an actual RP event. All characters are real and nothing was made up. It was a planned event by me, Garodin, Olian and the three Forsaken.
3. Sorry for any spelling/grammatic flaws.
To clear some other things up with the story; 'Phelgas', something close to the God of Shadow. Server Lore, mind you, not actual lore. 'Voidsworn', someone who has (willingly) sold their sold to Phelgas. Again, server lore.
Howdy, Saph, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! Thank you for your story, your patience and your understanding! As for your questions -- it's all good; thanks for lending us an excerpt of your RP event (length's no worries) and all of that, and thank you for clarifying some of the verbage.

Now, I cannot help but notice that you've mentioned your favorite race/class is an Undead Death Knight. May I turn your attention to the Black Harvest? It's our militant Forsaken group led by Executor Jared Richter (who also goes by Sol here on the forums). It's a lot of fun, very active, and is our largest guild at present! Long Live the Queen!

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

I suggest taking a gander at our rules, policiesand these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

Also! Don't forget to /join chat and /join barrens (for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!
Saph had already gone to sleep when this appeared on the forums, and I literally jumped him in the bed, squealing that his introduction had been approved. He was very sleepy and happy. *giggles*
Welcome aboard, Saph! :D