Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Virus alert on wiki link?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure what it's about, but my anti-virus (kaspersky) is flagging the link for "Lore Resources" on the conquest of the horde wiki's main page (at the bottom of the page, the title is next to a book image) as having a virus.

Just figured I should let you know.
It's very likely a false positive. I've had strictly no problems and my antivirus did not go 300 on any CotH link.
Its likely something to do with a change of site servers or the like. Similar to the "You are leaving a secure site" prompt that occasionally appears. Kaspersky is a quality system however so I advise you inspect the issue further and perhaps post the log here.
It is possible for a virus to embed itself into an image file, however if this was the case, more flags for positives would have come up. I'll chalk it up to either a false positive or the slim chance of some form of fraudware. If you want to be extra safe, run a virus scan! Once I get home I'll inspect the file to make sure it's clean and safe.