Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Conquest of the Horde: Patchaclysm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: tGNlNH2.jpg]

Look back to your Westfall.

Look back to me.

Look back to Sentinel Hill.

Look back to m-

[Image: XyTMgCJ.jpg]

This is your Sentinel Hill on Patchaclysm.

What have I done, you may be asking? Well, I've asserted dominance and pushed forward a whole new wave of building convinced Kretol to allow the lovely custom patch to permeate out into the server as a whole!

What?

Why are you looking at me like that?

...Oh. No, it's not Cataclysm. The current ETA on that still hasn't really come up (and I'm not really going to try and guess). But in the meantime we've decided to expand on the world a bit and use the custom patch to the fullest extent we can, what with it being woefully incompatible with any of the cata cores thus far.

Basically we'll be adding objects formerly unspawnable about in different areas, and editing older spawns to have correct coloring (for instance, the homes in Elwynn will soon have blue roofs. Revolutionary, ain't it?).

So what does this mean for you?

[Image: meekdF6.jpg]

Go to the link above and get the patch installed! Its a small file and it's a quick matter to get into your game. Otherwise you'll be seeing weirdness if people are in invisible buildings and stuff, and that'd be no good.

So... yep. Let's have some fun with this!

Thanks to Reigen for formatting and picture goodness!
I feel very...sparkly today.

Also, yeeees. More building. Moooore building. *rubs hands together*
The King is dead, long live the Queen!

(Prepare yourself, breathers.)

And other things! Woo, building!
That is just pretty.
Joy of joys, additions to Westfall! This is truly wonderful! It resembles what it's supposed to look like. Oh, the ideas that are going through my head right now! (Most of which will probably end up getting stuck in a folder somewhere.) But anyways, thank you Rigley! (Also, Kretol for allowing him to do this.)
Godspeed, GM builders.

Godspeed.
Is this a new patch or...?
(02-26-2013, 09:11 PM)alpharius Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a new patch or...?

It's the same custom patch that'd been optional for awhile. It's simply being used, now, in the main phase rather than in our custom zones only. :)
Well.

HILLSBRAD'S GONNA BE LOOKIN' BUSY.
Wait, now it's required?
Time for me to lag everywhere.
Wonderful.
(02-27-2013, 10:13 PM)SachikoMaeda Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, now it's required?
Time for me to lag everywhere.
Wonderful.

Theoretically, this doesn't mean that there will be oodles of GOs everywhere - it just means that some extra ones can be spawned to help touch up places (or add a few extra buildings).
The lag shouldn't be as bad in the normal world. The reason why there's lag in some custom locations is because we're forced to try and make it look organic and normal rather than a flat slate of land. Often this leads to an inordinate amount of game objects, thus the lag.
Well so long as I don't get stuck loading a place, I'll be most pleased with more decorations!
[Image: image.png]

Seriously, I don't want to use a patch to access Westfall or Elwynn Forest.
Then don't use the patch?
Pages: 1 2