Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Major bugs on a fresh install?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right, so I'm having an interesting series of bugs with my fresh install of WoW. After downloading the folder and whatnot, I've come across the following problems:
  • Everything is labeled unknown, and I can't interact with it at all.

• Some custom areas don't seem to have walls, to the point where I can actually run through the empty space.

• I cannot log-out or quit to desktop using the menu.

• When I use my hearthstone, there is no progress bar, though my character does the animation. And when I initiate combat (when it's even possible) my character goes into their fighting stance, but will never swing their weapon.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/lYCWv

It's probably something misplaced or a huge error I've made when installing, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I've done wrong.

If there's anything I can do that would take less effort than reinstalling, I'm all ears!
Problems 1, 3 and 4 are more than likely caused by your WoW executable not being patched. You can find the patcher here. Just place it with your WoW.exe, run it and click the "Patch" button.
Ahh! That did it!

Thank you so much! :)
Out of curiosity, where did you get that client? Is it one you patched, got via torrent here on the site, or something else?

(Posted from teh phonez!)
I grabbed it via the torrent of the full folder on this site.