Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Scale command addition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be nice if the .scale command (used without parameters) would give you a read-out of your current scale.

Current readout:
.scale
.scale $rate
Modify your character size to "normal scale"*rate. Keep in mind you can only change your scale ten times after initially customizing it! If you max out your changes (such as by messing around with the command), the most a GM will do is set it back to 1.
#rate may range from 0.85 to 1.15 for level 80 characters, and 0.9 to 1.1 for others. Some racial restrictions apply.

Proposed readout:
.scale
.scale $rate
Modify your character size to "normal scale"*rate. Keep in mind you can only change your scale ten times after initially customizing it! If you max out your changes (such as by messing around with the command), the most a GM will do is set it back to 1. Current scale: 1.03
#rate may range from 0.85 to 1.15 for level 80 characters, and 0.9 to 1.1 for others. Some racial restrictions apply.

I approve. A nice, small detail that could be very helpful.
Unfortunately, the way that command help text works, this is not possible. There would have to be a separate function of the command that would do something without parameters. This could result in something like "Your current scale is %f. Type .help scale for more info" or the like.
Also, I believe you can go into the Account Management and visit your character pages to see their current scales. I know I can, so I think others should be able to, as well. It's near the bottom of the character page, below all the "equipment slots".
(07-25-2013, 04:43 AM)Loxmardin Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I believe you can go into the Account Management and visit your character pages to see their current scales. I know I can, so I think others should be able to, as well. It's near the bottom of the character page, below all the "equipment slots".

Quite correct! However if you are at the base scale, nothing is displayed.
[Image: 84lf.png]
Of course, you know it is 1.00 because you have 10 changes left. In respect to that, this is merely a convenience request. Imagine three accounts and 25+ characters. (lookin' at you @Jonoth and @ImagenAshyun) It would be a small and convenient little thing to do on the fly.

(07-25-2013, 04:00 AM)Kretol Wrote: [ -> ]There would have to be a separate function of the command that would do something without parameters.
:D
Done!