The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Scale command addition
It would be nice if the .scale command (used without parameters) would give you a read-out of your current scale.

Current readout:
.scale
.scale $rate
Modify your character size to "normal scale"*rate. Keep in mind you can only change your scale ten times after initially customizing it! If you max out your changes (such as by messing around with the command), the most a GM will do is set it back to 1.
#rate may range from 0.85 to 1.15 for level 80 characters, and 0.9 to 1.1 for others. Some racial restrictions apply.

Proposed readout:
.scale
.scale $rate
Modify your character size to "normal scale"*rate. Keep in mind you can only change your scale ten times after initially customizing it! If you max out your changes (such as by messing around with the command), the most a GM will do is set it back to 1. Current scale: 1.03
#rate may range from 0.85 to 1.15 for level 80 characters, and 0.9 to 1.1 for others. Some racial restrictions apply.

The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
I approve. A nice, small detail that could be very helpful.
Active Characters:
Velennia - Anchorite. Has a strange liking for tea.
Vynthia Blackfire - Magistrix. Craves sightseeing.
Vanessa Briarthorn - Seemingly timid housewife. Enjoys painting.

Unfortunately, the way that command help text works, this is not possible. There would have to be a separate function of the command that would do something without parameters. This could result in something like "Your current scale is %f. Type .help scale for more info" or the like.
Also, I believe you can go into the Account Management and visit your character pages to see their current scales. I know I can, so I think others should be able to, as well. It's near the bottom of the character page, below all the "equipment slots".
(07-25-2013, 04:43 AM)Loxmardin Wrote: Also, I believe you can go into the Account Management and visit your character pages to see their current scales. I know I can, so I think others should be able to, as well. It's near the bottom of the character page, below all the "equipment slots".

Quite correct! However if you are at the base scale, nothing is displayed.
[Image: 84lf.png]
Of course, you know it is 1.00 because you have 10 changes left. In respect to that, this is merely a convenience request. Imagine three accounts and 25+ characters. (lookin' at you @Jonoth and @ImagenAshyun) It would be a small and convenient little thing to do on the fly.

(07-25-2013, 04:00 AM)Kretol Wrote: There would have to be a separate function of the command that would do something without parameters.
:D
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Done!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  .addrpitem command change Herastean 8 1,477 10-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  RP Location Addition! GeneralDefyre 7 1,480 10-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Pet command request Erynn 11 2,205 09-28-2011, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Kira13
  Yet Another OOC Port Addition Beltharean 18 2,659 04-06-2011, 08:16 PM