Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Army of Orgrimmar (?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I've been up to thinking.
And recently, I've noticed two alarming things.
1.) Horde RP is at a low.
2.) Orcs, for once in the history of my time on CotH, are suffering in population.

And then I thought. Orgrimmar! Why...why isn't there a guild for the Army of Orgrimmar? Stormwind has a guild for their troops...so why don't the orcs do the same thing to gain population?

And if both guilds continue to grow, we could actually have IC battles and progressions involving both guilds.

I believe this is an idea to consider. Anybody else have any feedback on the idea?
I noticed this when I started playing too. But I'll finally be able to play again. My main is an Orc: Bhaal. I can join.
My Orc: Zilge (Warrior) will gladly take part in this should it go full swing.
I suggest checking out the other Horde guilds out there before this is done. Don't spread the butter too thin, or drag others away from already established projects.

(While I agree, Horde specific RP is low. I just happen to know there are actually Horde guilds out there already established. - Idle RP is RP too, I'd like to add.)
I'm just noting that, while there -are- lots of horde guild projects, there isn't that one specific militaristic group for a city. Such as Orgrimmar.
And the forming of this could lead to much more RP, such as becoming linked with other Horde groups...and endless event ideas.
Just, again, looking for feedback on this.
Eh, I'm with Spiky. The Stormwind Army is more versatile, as Stormwind is the area as well as the city. However, Orgrimmar is just a city, and it doesn't really seem like it would make much sense for an area to be based there, and not take from outer areas. They would likely just be a member of the Horde army, or some smaller militia based group (I.E., Deadeye Watchers). Ultimately, I'm with Spiky. If you're trying to create RP for a group, then don't open up too many avenues, or you won't have a satisfactory amount for each group.
What we really need is to get an active Forsaken army back.
I would note that the Stormwind Army guild present on Coth is intended for cross-faction RP in the Tol Barad region at present and the Horde Counterpart is already in the works. Myself and a few others are also hosting IC battlegrounds at various zones where the Alliance and Horde have fallen into conflict. This is an opportunity for all characters and requires little dedication or planning on your own part. Details concerning that project will be available after I finish the event thread today. As for existing horde guilds and storylines, we're out there and active. I would however refrain from a list as I am unaware of other DM's recruitment policies. My own Tauren storyline will become open for others to join soon enough and others are most welcome to encounter our band in their travels until that time. As I am a strickly horde player, I can accomodate just about any flavor of character you wish to explore just give a shout.

My personal suggestion however, and this is something that I have stressed upon for some time, is to worry less about who is interested on the forums and simply get in game and get the RP going. Everyone is interested, lots of folks are idle; If you build it, wrap it up into a fancy LFG prompt and then offer it to the hungry... they will come.
(08-07-2013, 02:28 AM)Kimaira Wrote: [ -> ]What we really need is to get an active Forsaken army back.

Last I heard from Sol, he's working as hard as he can to get the Dreadmarch up at last. So don't go jumping the gun on that.
Because enlisting in the Silvermoon Army means you get company benefits such as free manicures and a salad bar.

Orc Army would just be bashing skulls together and ripping the flesh off of KFC.
(08-07-2013, 09:06 AM)muhaha8 Wrote: [ -> ]Last I heard from Sol, he's working as hard as he can to get the Dreadmarch up at last. So don't go jumping the gun on that.

Also keep in mind that because Horde RP is more scarce than Alliance RP as it is already, dividing the smaller community for them into even smaller chunks with race-specific RP is probably a bad idea. You just end up focusing on a narrower target audience then. IMO, what the Horde needs is more unity, not less.
I believe Sol's policy always was that the Dreadmarch events were open for non-guilders, too, though the guild itself was tailored for the Forsaken.
I've got it: The Kor'kron Legion.

... Hrmn, now that I'm thinking of it it sounds -too- out there. An overlord of the Kor'kron sounds like he'd be way to close to the faction leader.
The leader of the Kor'kron is pretty much Garrosh himself. And they kind of flip out and turn evil in Mists, so...
Two words: Deadeye Watchers. :|
Pages: 1 2