Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rigbuild: Unnamed Noble Estate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Spoiler:
[img][Image: gHTfdLl.jpg][/img]

-Will make extensive use of the patch. I apologize profusely to Mac users.

-Working on day/night phasing for certain NPCs and objects for extra ambiance (lantern-toting watchmen at night, normal soldiers at day).

-Will include teleportation objects to add further content.

-Will be geared towards human nobility, but a default backstory will be provided for misc. rp.

-Will not suffer from weird weather effects. No indoor sandstorms and snowstorms.

This is actually fairly near completion. I'll add a full inventory of stuff later!
No more in-door weather?! This is fantastic news! I approve.
Alas, the woes of being a Dwarven noble instead. Anyways, Rig, that's beautiful!
(05-30-2014, 12:17 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: [ -> ]Alas, the woes of being a Dwarven noble instead. Anyways, Rig, that's beautiful!

Dwarves could use it; Really any Alliance race would be fine there. It's just using mainly human and gilnean objects.
.. Right back into the action huh Rig? Gees, take it easy man. ^^

It looks fantastic as per usual! I don't know of any still insanely active (human)Noble guilds, but I find myself interested to RP there regardless!
\o/ Yes. Long Live Rigley!!
Wow, Riggs, you really do have a great sense of level design.
I really really want to see the stuff you could do with some ripped wow textures and Sketch-Up...
Please, go try it. I want to see.

I don't think you were there for the discussion, but you could also put these desirable build skills into use by way of a high/blood elf unicorn ranch...

Seriously though, horde mpqs are crap in comparison to alliance stuff, but some neutral and more intimate RP locations might be nice, too. An Airship tavern would be pretty cool...

I don't mean to go and just throw things at you, but it's just really cool. :3
(05-31-2014, 09:46 PM)Dae Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, Riggs, you really do have a great sense of level design.
I really really want to see the stuff you could do with some ripped wow textures and Sketch-Up...
Please, go try it. I want to see.

Wassat? I attempted to mess around with Noggit at one point, but it was clunky to set up on my computer and at the time I was trying to work with it it ate up a ton of my hardrive space and I eventually saddled it onto an external drive to languish in abandonment.

(05-31-2014, 09:46 PM)Dae Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you were there for the discussion, but you could also put these desirable build skills into use by way of a high/blood elf unicorn ranch...

que. Though if you're serious I could pass this along for a suggestion on another project that's been frozen for a while.

(05-31-2014, 09:46 PM)Dae Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously though, horde mpqs are crap in comparison to alliance stuff, but some neutral and more intimate RP locations might be nice, too. An Airship tavern would be pretty cool...

I may have to poll on what sort of things people may want to see. Part of the reason I went for an alliance-themed build at first is that it's extremely easy to build up a self-contained area with the Alliance objects; the walls work perfectly in making a barrier that's impassable and believable. To make the estate walls as tall as I did I had to stack them on top of one another, and -generally- horde walls don't work as well for that.

The importance in having them stack high is that otherwise you get to see out into the abyss beyond, and it kinda detracts.

--

That being said, there was a particular horde-oriented area that was being worked on which I'll likely direct myself to once this estate is completed.

--

As part of a general question to pose to people on here, I've been debating on the furnishing of the main castle; the interior of the barracks is like any other, and the bottom four rooms are being used as a kitchen for one, and bedrooms for two. The fourth needs a purpose and I'm debating what that should be (dining room and master bedroom are taken care of, there will also be a cellar with storage and casks of booze. Servant's quarters will mainly be taken care of as well).

If you've got any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them! If you see me online (typically on Seda, Sibyl, or Jovana) you can send me a message and see the interior work so far for yourself if you feel like giving me ideas. Just be aware that the ideas may not make the final cut when I get to work there.
Sketch-Up is a modeling program that's hella easy to use and is great for low-poly environment modeling. Using it would entail making your own models, but if you used existing WoW textures and your apparent design savvy, I bet you could make some hella sweet environments/locations/etc. I know Kreets isn't big on Server patches and all that, but it might be worth trying if nothing else than to explore your apparent knack for environment design in a manner more independent from WoW.

As for the spare room, I personally like libraries. Throw a desk in there and it could double as an office or Mage's study easily enough.
(05-31-2014, 11:52 PM)Dae Wrote: [ -> ]Sketch-Up is a modeling program that's hella easy to use and is great for low-poly environment modeling. Using it would entail making your own models, but if you used existing WoW textures and your apparent design savvy, I bet you could make some hella sweet environments/locations/etc. I know Kreets isn't big on Server patches and all that, but it might be worth trying if nothing else than to explore your apparent knack for environment design in a manner more independent from WoW.

Ah, gotcha; A possibility, but probably not one I'd go for just yet. Might be interesting to tool around with in the future though.

(05-31-2014, 11:52 PM)Dae Wrote: [ -> ]As for the spare room, I personally like libraries. Throw a desk in there and it could double as an office or Mage's study easily enough.

Both of these are addressed so far, actually! There are two mage towers (one will be for darker themed stuff, the other for normal magic), and a large library will be available outside of the manor in addition to the personal study for the master of the estate in their lodgings on the top floor.

It occurs to me that it'd be beneficial to have a run-down of contents so far!

---

The following buildings exist. I'll denote additions as is needed.
Spoiler:
-3 large human houses
---One serves as a small tavern for the estate's community. It also has bunks for visitors in the top.

-4 small human houses

-1 guard house (the large guild house model as found on GMI)
---Has a basement added on with guard bunks. Also has stocks, three enter-able cages for inmates, and a hangman's noose just outside.

-2 stables (one large one with a yard for the horses, another one that's smaller)

-1 barn
-1 chapel
-1 blacksmith
-1 high elf house

-1 monument tomb (the Uther one from the plaguelands)

-A garden behind the main castle

-Two mage towers; one dark, one normal.

-Two 'offshoots' in the form of barracks that will be equipped with portal doors; these will link up to objects and interiors that couldn't normally be spawned due to the way they're added in, or areas that couldn't be incorporated otherwise.
---One offshoot leads to a small sparring area/arena/speaking hall kind of thing. Multipurpose.
---One offshoot leading to an area of the old Stormwind Keep (the garden area). This allows you to go into the Royal Library, or use another teleport door that takes you to the old Stormwind Cathedral's crypt.
---I could possibly add another location if I could think of a good one to use.

And finally the main castle (the barracks).
---Has a hatch in the basement that leads into a copy of the Karazhan wine cellar. I'm deliberating on making some portions of this (the alcoves) into a cells for prisoners, but that may not be the best idea.
In that case, perhaps an art studio? (painting mpqs on the walls, some chairs in a circle with some easels/lecterns)
I'd love to hold some IC life drawing classes. Probably not with totally nude models, but it'd be pretty amusing to watch a human get all flustered by (failing at) drawing Draenei knees. And life drawing is always better with alcohol.
Oh man, I can only see good things coming from that...

Or perhaps you could have some fun with scaling and make it a room for models and miniatures? I know I'm not the only one who has pondered the possibility of playing action figure-producing characters.

Or perhaps it could be a room retrofitted to better habitate Draenei? I'm sure being a giant with hooves in a land of tiny, toed people would be uncomfortable after a while. Would make for a neat place to highlight Unique Draenic features.

It could maybe be an orchid room?

Or if you really wanted to get creative, put in one of those indoor group pool/tubs.

Bah, I'm just throwing stuff out there that I know is rarely/never addressed in WoW.

Depending on which room it is, you could also make it into a secret room with one of those bookcase-door mpqs. Not unique, but still fun.
Woah! That looks great, Rig!

Also, I submitted my noble's profile recently, so... perfect!
(06-01-2014, 01:38 AM)Dae Wrote: [ -> ](Suggestions)

The room in question is part of the noble's own manor, so it'd need to be something more relevant to their uses-- an art studio might not be a bad idea, and I'm somewhat leaning towards a bath house kinda spot at the moment. We did that on the last manor so I think that should be achievable.

Nobility has no need for accommodating Draenei in their castles! Bah I say!
@Rigley How's it working out? I find myself suddenly RPing a Noble again and this place.. I just want to set my HS there and never leave again. Hug
Pretty well!

I've added some new features. Namely a new park area in the 'market district' sorta area, two wildhammer homes linked to the garden (which will be furnished with nelfy and dorfy stuff; haven't decided if I want to try and strike a blend of naturalist or do one for druids and one for normal folk). Essentially I'm wanting to make things more accessible for having multiple races there.

EDIT: I've also generally improved the decor in various places. More shrubberies and planters, and most apparent is the fact that there will be a special skybox for the daytime hours that looks more vibrant than the normal one.

I also made the crop field more robust and corny rather than being full of wine. It looks a lot nicer, since the vineyard object was pretty crappy in comparison.

I've expanded the blacksmith a bit and added a High Elf arcane tower. I don't have plans to make the top accessible at the moment though; would be easy to see the bits of the facade around the place.

Most importantly I've got the teleport objects submitted for creation! I have a few custom NPCs to make, but there won't be many. I'll also need to see if my phasing ideas for night and day will work right, but I'm comfortable with releasing the build before those are completely implemented.
Pages: 1 2 3