Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Server Downtime - Testing 3.0.8 Compatibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Bringing down the server shortly to update the revision and test 3.0.8 compatibility.

I'll post updates shortly!

Edit: So that folks will see this on the front page...

The server's back up, and running on 3.0.8. Feel free to read the thread for updates.
For those that patch, don't forget your realmlist will be reset.
Server currently offline. Will post again with further updates.
Oh boy, I hope it works! Gogo Kret! /pompom
Server's back up and running 3.0.8.

For those that either have a separate installation of WoW that's patched up to 3.0.8 -or- those that only have 3.0.8, please try logging in and going about your normal activities.
Those that only have 3.0.3, please hold off on patching up for the time being unless you wish to make a copy of your WoW folder and patch only one of them up.
Whoop.. Tried logging in, and I get an error message that says 'Can't validate patch, may be corrupted, blah blah." Not sure if I'm patched up fully or not, going to see if I can't find a most recent update.
The same thing actually happened to me, but that's because I had forgotten to update the logonserver configuration to allow only 3.0.8 clients. After doing so and restarting the logonserver (I had left my WoW at the login screen during this), it logged in fine.

Perhaps if you get the same error, wait a bit and then try logging in again?
"The information you have entered is not valid"
Have checked the password a bunch of times and still doesnt allow entry.
I patched my game from the retail servers, to 3.0.8.

Am in the server now, everything seems right as rain.
For those that patch...

Do -not- forget to re-set your realmlist.wtf file, as it WILL be defaulted back to live servers.

With that out of the way... let me try logging in using your account and see if it works.

Edit: dannycrane, it would seem your account info is fine. Didja forget to set your realmlist back? Hehe.
I have "re-applied" the realmlist file as it still said it was coth, just to be sure. Will check after you have had a go.
Thanks Kretol.
Bear in mind that the server it shows on the login screen is simply the last server you connected to. As you may recall, when you originally set your realmlist to a custom one, it still showed your previous retail server (assuming you had played retail previously, of course).

At any rate, it should be working now with the realmlist reset! If it doesn't, we can try changing your password temporarily.
I have just noticed a file appear called 'bad.piece', should I get rid of this?
Also I dont think it would be the account with the problem. Probably that file.
Er, you could try that. I don't seem to have that file in either my base WoW directory or the data/enUS one.
File removed, still invalid. We can try a password change if its not too much trouble, PM me the password.
Dont worry, I found the problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4