Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The World of Warcraft Mary Sue Litmus Test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I had written one of these ages ago specifically tailored for this server, but this one is fantastic and interactive. I hope it will get updated to include Death Knights, but it's still pretty functional!

On to the test! (You know you want to!)
Wink ranked a 1.
1 - 10 - The Non-Sue - You've dodged all the annoying cliches and made it to the coveted rank of Non-Sue. Congratulations! Your character is likely original and well-balanced.

Only one that seemed fitting for Wink is smarter than average for his race. I'm not entirely certain about that one, but most Tinkers are higher than average intelligence (and insanity), so I decided to tag that one. I couldn't end up at 0 after all. xD
Gaurk ranked 1 too.. He was left on the doorstep as a baby.. I'm sorry if I've let anyone down ;)
Alistus got 0!

How that´s possible I don´t know, I ticked at least five of those boxes.

My belf got 15!

Though I think that might be mostly ´cause he´s a belf, hehe.
Would the naming thing count for Gnomes? Seeing as they pick their own surnames and they mostly describe the person having the name?
I guess I should share my scores, too, for those who know the characters.

Heari: -3

Qaza: 1

Hak'lek: 2

Volgan: 5

I'd really be surprised if anyone on here got a score higher than an 11 or 12, you all seem to be good at balancing your characters, from most of the profiles that I've read.

Edit: And Nostra proves me wrong immediately... *noogies*

Some of the boxes add a number of points, and other boxes subtract them (because they balance out a Sue-ish trait). So yes, you can check a bunch of boxes and end up with zero--a balanced character.

Edit of edit (I don't want to double-post):

Roobald2 Wrote:Would the naming thing count for Gnomes? Seeing as they pick their own surnames and they mostly describe the person having the name?

That's normal for Gnomes, so I don't think it would count.
Ivy: 0
Vyr: -2
Lunamere: 1
Uulari: -1

Ironic that my main Blood Elf ranked the lowest. Hmmm...
Same Question for the hair, Gnomes seem to have unusual or flashy looking appearances, so it would be normal?
Roobald2 Wrote:Same Question for the hair, Gnomes seem to have unusual or flashy looking appearances, so it would be normal?

So do trolls! BUT, within the race it's totally normal. Decide if the 'do would attract attention even from your character's own race.
People find Roo's hair unusual, so that's a yes, thanks Qaza!
Kass got 4.
Yay I am the Anti Mary Sue. :D
Lassae, my night elf, she scored a 6, so she is a non-sue. This makes me happy.
Addendum: I have a deep fetish for quizzes, tests and stuff like that. I could spend hours on these.

For some fun or an additional chuckle; enter in any various soap opera character.
YES, THIS IS DIRECTED AT YOU, CRESSY.

[Image: emot-h.png]
Hilda: 1
Takoda: 2

Well, that was disappointing! I really though an exiled Grimtotem would score higher than that.

My old Paladin on retail scored 13, although I was a bit harsh. He looked good for a human male, no bullneck.
Ah, I remember the old test. Now, to my characters...

Ariminus - 2

Arenthil - 6

I'll add more later.
Pages: 1 2 3 4