Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Gold and Silver Tokens.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You cannot get gold with Silver Tokens. I've been asked this several times, and we've run into people actually trying to trade gold for stackable items that sell for a very high ammount to vendors.

The reason we do -not- trade gold for tokens is a pretty basic reason. Before long, we will be selling Silver tokens off a vendor, and if you are making a huge profit from tokens you trade in, you could get an endless supply of Tokens.

Now, as some people see this as a grey area, I will say it before it starts. IF you are trading in tokens for items that sell more than what the tokens will be worth, (Somewhere around 350G or more), we -will- see it as exploiting.

Any GMs that wish to elaborate, please do.
Let me elaborate by saying that I will personally wound you in a grievous way if you exploit this system.
Rensin Wrote:You cannot get gold with Silver Tokens. I've been asked this several times, and we've run into people actually trying to trade gold for stackable items that sell for a very high ammount to vendors.

The reason we do -not- trade gold for tokens is a pretty basic reason. Before long, we will be selling Silver tokens off a vendor, and if you are making a huge profit from tokens you trade in, you could get an endless supply of Tokens.

Now, as some people see this as a grey area, I will say it before it starts. IF you are trading in tokens for items that sell more than what the tokens will be worth, (Somewhere around 350G or more), we -will- see it as exploiting.

Any GMs that wish to elaborate, please do.

You might want to elaborate a bit on that. For example, a Mekgineer's Chopper will most likely vendor for more than 350 gold. But surely you'd still be able to get one for a token if you learn it right away? Wouldn't a better rule be to say you "Have to use the item you request for RP"? That's the whole idea behind silver tokens after all.
Well, in that case, if someone got ten Mech Choppers in a row, or even one for every character, we'd know something is up.