Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Cataclysm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We have gotten multiple pm's about Worgen, Gilneas, Goblins, and other Cataclysm related things.
Do NOT make ANY plans to include any of it. Period. We DON'T know how we're going to incorporate the lore. This happened with Wrath too, lots of IC posts about getting ready to head north (though that didn't start until Wrath was actually released.). And we had a restart, rendering ALL of those posts and characters a waste of time. Don't want to sound like a dream crushing asshole, but really, it's been two days. :|

To quote a song you know even if you don't want to.

- Relax, don't do it. When you wanna go to it. -
But we have to live those dreams, you know... scheme those schemes. If we can't you got to hit me. HIT ME!!

>:+P
I remember, way back when 2.4 came out, people were writing things about the Sunwell that were completely untrue, didn't make any sense... and were completely jumping the gun. Funny thing? That was coming out in a couple months when people were doing this, and it still didn't make sense.

Cataclysm is coming out in a year.

Like Mikain said, there is -no- way they can know what the lore is going to be.

With Wrath, things changed so drastically compared to the server lore we had, when I was apart of the GM team we had to make the descision to re-roll the server, or be stuck with a new class that didn't make any sense.

Thing is, they may have to do it for Cataclysm. They don't -know- if they have to yet. Blizzard doesn't share their plans with us, so, sorry.

Disclaimer: I'm sure, before you all freak out, that -if-, -if- the server is rerolled, they'd try to handle it better than with Wrath. But we all know, that if they have to, they'll make this place even better with what they have to work with.
Damn, there goes my story for my half-goblin/half-worgen living behind Greymane wall.
No dragonkin involved?
Luckily this is all new events. WOTLK were events that happened and "we just found out" sort of thing. Cataclysm is more of an "OCRAPWTFJUSTHAPPENED"

And agreed, Cataclysm is a year off... at least.
Then why is it such a huge hassel if it is still a year off. For all we know, Blizzard might be writing up the lore at this very moment. Also, when will Blizzard bring the Pandaren in? I thought of and planned a character that I can't use because I need the Pandaren home town, Pandamonium.
grishnakah Wrote:Then why is it such a huge hassel if it is still a year off. For all we know, Blizzard might be writing up the lore at this very moment. Also, when will Blizzard bring the Pandaren in? I thought of and planned a character that I can't use because I need the Pandaren home town, Pandamonium.

They didn't say that they'll put the Pandaren in for sure, but there's this theory that they're gonna come with the Emerald Dream expansion.
Wait so panda's live in the emrald dream, and if so live in a city called pandamonium, is this jsut me or did someone drug me cause this makes me feel crazy, lost in looney world.
I can never understand anything you post. LOL
The pandaren and all that jazz are a moot issue. It's a big deal, because people are planning things out that we really, really have no clue about. We don't have any inclination what Blizzard is going to do yet, so untill the GMs can get an idea of what they are going to toss in, they don't want people assuming what is and isn't included in -any- future expansion. Right now, Worgen and Gobs are not playable races. They may be, in the future, but right now they are not.

The events of Cataclysm haven't happened... nor can they predict accurately what -will- happen.
To add to Rensin,

They may never happen on CotH, either.
Well I was meaning to ask more of a lore Question, so I guess it came out as a roleplay wuestion, my question is. Do the Pandaren, in the Warcraft III Campgaighns live in the Emrald dream, and live in a place called Pandamonium?
"The enigmatic pandaren are one of the most elusive races of Azeroth. Pandaren come from the Pandaren Empire of Pandaria. They are humanoid pandas with a great love of nature and strong ales.

The pandaren are originally from central Kalimdor where they established the Pandaren Empire. They were allies of the night elves until they saw their obsession with magic getting out of control. The clans severed ties and left Kalimdor behind eventually establishing a new home on an island they named Pandaria. After the Sundering, some pandaren returned to the "new" Kalimdor to explore it. "Where once the pandaren were a mighty empire, standing proud beside their night elf allies, now they are a simple people who want only peace and a safe home."[4] Since the Third War, more pandaren have come to visit Kalimdor.[5] "

--WoWwiki, Pandaren
Hm. I'm still gonna make it so Maulbane comes back after Cataclysm as a super-powered robot Tauren with a part of Sargeras inside his pet pig. And he's going to get a plus over 9000 modifier.

It's gonna be so cash.
Pages: 1 2