Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Graphics Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey gang, since CotH is going to get ready to make the jump to 3.2! I just wanted to let you know a problem me and a few others have encountered since updating! WoW has put new shaders to the 2D graphics (boxes, most icons and all that) and some video cards can't handle them without 2009 updated drivers. (I know mine can't) this problem is apparently only happening to dell since their mobile intelchip set is technically obsolete *Cries as he can't crack open his laptop to put a new graphics card in or it will void his warranty*

There is a simple solution. Log in to Warcraft onto any character. Ignore the missing pieces of the environment around you. Hit enter as if you were going to enter a chat channel, and type the following (note capitalization):

/console fixedFunction 1

Exit out of Warcraft, then log back in. It's that simple.

This turns off the shading feature which causes the problems. However, this is a temporary fix, and could slow the game down a little, though I didn't notice much difference. This fix will have to last until Dell has updated drivers to download.
Try the support site. Here's the link to the specific article.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article. ... oryId=2332