Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Death Knight Policy Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
After discussing it for a little bit, we've come to agree that for the most part the folks playing DKs have been doing pretty well. To the point that we think it's fairly silly to keep them so heavily restricted.

Therefore: DKs of any race are now standard profiles. If you are a Grunt, you may simply make one and write a profile in the standard sections, no having to ask a GM for permission or anything silly like that.

We ARE keeping them restricted to Grunts, at least for now. If this ends up working well and we don't get too many folks going crazy with it, we *may* decide to open them up to Peons, so make sure everyone is up to their best behavior with these guys.

Discuss here.
Do they still count as a prestige title, then?
So are we allowed to make/Rp with them before the profile process?
Anski Wrote:Do they still count as a prestige title, then?

Glain123 Wrote:So are we allowed to make/Rp with them before the profile process?

They are not a prestige title. You are allowed to RP with them before the profile is finished processing. In other words, these guys are now just like every other class as far as Grunts are concerned. Well, except they start at a higher level of course.
Anski Wrote:Do they still count as a prestige title, then?

They never counted as a prestige title, just a special profile.
I was under a false impression this whole time! I feel cheated!

Oh well, now to start surveying...
*Shakes fist* As soon as I wait a month or two to get mine approved! Rage! Raaage!
Awesome, but what bothers me... How can you have a character of the level of 55 without it being approved? And can you level it or would the character be suspended as soon as it reaches level 56? Or would the cap be raised to 60?
Rubykuby Wrote:Awesome, but what bothers me... How can you have a character of the level of 55 without it being approved? And can you level it or would the character be suspended as soon as it reaches level 56? Or would the cap be raised to 60?

Don't level them. This shouldn't be a problem, you can still get gold by grinding mobs that don't give exp.
So just keep them at 55? Seems fair. Besides, A buncha DKs levelling is ridiculous. I mean, that has to be some of the most potentially interesting RP out there.
A problem I have encountered. As everyone knows, a DK wears a vampiric runeblade, but, these aren't available to get to starter DKs. The Lich King isn't where he is supposed to be to give the quest, and I doubt there is any other way to get this runeblade. Is this to be fixed?
I was under the impression there was now an option to prevent experience being gained through quests and experience (so players, for example, could stay within a PvP bracket). Just use that (assuming it works on the realm) and go bash stuff your level *grins*
I think what's always been done is that you weren't allowed to play the DK until it was approved, because it goes over the level 50 thing and all that. At least, that was the impression I got. Maybe it was an unspoken, unnofficial thing.

As for the runeblades, just wait till the character is approved so you can request a blade you like? Those who got their DKs before this change had to wait to RP and such, I'm sure everyone else can wait a little bit. ^.^

Note: These are just my opinions. I could be wrong about the rule thing. <shrug>
I don't need a DK to be kewl. You're all conformist pigs.

But yeah, I like that they're being opened up a little more, and this also gives a little more free time (Free is a relative term. Heh) for the staff here, which I like.
If you really can't wait to be leveled for your Runeblade then there are many weapons in the 48-55 level range that look like Runeblades. You can just check the auction house everyday until you find one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4