The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

my formal introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hey there, to tell you about myself I must first say I am something of an empowered nerd. I play dungeons and dragons, magic the gathering, pokemon, and just about every strategic game you can think of. The best time of my high school career was when I was the president of my schools strategy club and had the opportunity to try out new games every week. Games are my life (i know that sounds sad) and any opportunity to experience a new form of play is an exiting new prospect to me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the United Stats, and I speak English, though sometimes I may break out the Tanguar when I want to be a super nerd. :P

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Again, games are my life, and the first game i had for the computer was Warcraft II, and i have just stuck with it through Warcraft III, the Frozen throne, and inevitably into WoW

What made you seek our server over others?:
I played WoW for a while but got bored when I reached level 60 (when that was the cap) because of the constant grind of end game, with the BC i once more started playing, got to the level cap, and once more got bored of the grind. When a friend told me about this RP server that was more focused on character development I was instantly interested and now (5 minutes later) I am writing this introduction.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I do love the adventure and questing aspect of roleplaying, but seeing as I have adventured through the lands of azeroth many, many times already I may sick to adventuring by myself for the most part, and doing most of my roleplaying in the major cities (sitting in a tavern telling tales of adventure over a pint), or when I do encounter others out in the fields.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
In RL I am a little bit of a tree hugging hippie, and to that end the path of the druid has always called to me. However, as far as races go my favorites of the alliance are the gnomes and night elves, and for the horde, the undead and the trolls are always fun. I understand these are all rather different but I like to think a different aspect of my personality is upheld within each of them. The Night Elves have a great respect for nature which I try to embody in my every day life, though the quiet thoughtful type is not exactly my play style so I generally play Night Elves with a somewhat whimsical childish personality. The Gnomes truly uphold the childish love of creation and all seem to have a some sort of quirkiness to them that I often embody (I am an art student). The Trolls seem to have a very free spirited nature and an amount of apathy to the world at large, focusing in on what is happening in moment. And the undead... well there just bad ass.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope to have a fun experience playing a game that I once loved, but grew bored of, and hopefully with learn to love again.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
To be honest, my favorite is the requirement of decent keyboard skills, I will admit, my spelling is not the best, but i would still far rather see a word misspelled than have all the vowels dropped and have it turned into the most overly simplified bastardization of a word any day.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The old stump seemed like a good place to sit. As Alendune prepared his pipe for a quick break from his practices he surveyed his surroundings. The Old forest of Ashenvale, once intimidating and new to him, was now a comfortable, almost homey place. The pipe burns well, the smokey flavors bringing him back to the trips he used to take with his father to Darnassus to visit the trade district and smoke with his old friend the tanner. A nearby scurrying in the underbrush distracts him from his daydream, but as a young faun bolts away his nerves are put to rest. The faun runs back to its mother, and the reminder of the beauty of new life makes Alendune thankful for his recent undertaking in Duskwood where he had helped cure some of the sick deer in the area. Another rustle, this time the overwhelming stench of the sea tells him it is not just another faun. Quickly dropping his pipe he takes the form of the hunter, claws bared his sleek fur quickly blends with the shadows around him. The naga cultist he sensed slithers around the tree towards the stump he had taken refuge on. Noticing the still smoking pipe the naga stops to find the intruder, but seeing nothing prepares to continue its rounds. In a flash of fang and claws its patrol is cut short. Surprised by the ferocity of the beast inside him Alendune takes a moment to ponder his actions, and content that what he has done with only further the natural way, he cleans his claws, and continues daydreaming about the long ago days back in Darnassus.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
IM SO EXITED TO PLAY!!!!
Welcome to the server! I don't know what else to really write, but at least I read your intro! LOL Be sure to join /chat and /barrenschat (for loss off sanity) upon your first entrance! :mrgreen:

Again, Welcome!
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
Aloha and welcome to CotH!

:D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amivul's Very Formal and Quite Wordy Introduction Amivul 5 3,648 01-16-2015, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Mathias