The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Tavern Gossip Thread
A tavern gossip thread led by GMs where they can post (Through the commoner NPC's word of mouth) about the people, guilds or events that are happening throughout Azeroth. They can even start hints there of future events to come. It could be weekly or even just when the GMs feel like posting.

Example:

Theramore Soldier: Deserters are growing and leaving by the day. More food for us I guess, scarce as it is. Besides, more merchants have been coming in with their wares...which is good I guess.

Dwarven Scout: Those gnomes near gnomeregan seem to be going all out bringin' their new toys, eh? 'Eh wonder if those green gnomes from inside have gadgets of their own?

Slaver: You heard about that guy, <Insert Player Gladiator Here>? He wiped the floor with two tauren! I wish I had a slave like that in my employ!
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
This is a good idea.

It's something they do over on City of Arabel, a NWN server.

Only there I believe it's open to anyone to post rumors or gossip. The only stipulation is that it has to be something that would actually be gossiped about. Like common people in Redridge would care less about some night elf in Kalimdor.

But the state of the war with the Horde would be something to talk about. The GMs would usually post about major plot or storylines.

Another couple things that could be taken from the same server is that they have a board set aside for nothing but IC diaries of the characters. Sort of like a record of the events in your characters life, just like a real diary. The knowledge was OOC, but it allowed us a somewhat voyeuristic look into the life of the varying characters and their thought processes.

Then they had the Bazaar thing, like we have here. I'm not sure of the differences, but their's was like a bulletin in the city where you could request aid, advertise events and things of that nature.

Some of that stuff could be useful here.
Mistress Sylea Moonwhisper - Human - Azeroth Trade Syndicate
Baroness Ariannah Timaeus - Human - The Scourgebane Trinitus
Valishna- Draenei - Unaffiliated
:!: Extremely good idea line, perhaps this could be expanded into a "Public IC News" forum area with threads for areas/social circles. Stormwind Covenant News, Rumours amongst the Ogrimmar Grunthood, etc etc etc.

While only knowing what you know about other characters IC so as not to metagame is a rule as it should be, this policy would help to give us info that our toons would get in the 20+ hours of the day we're not actually IC with them.

Was actually thinking of this today in the way that a place should exist in which (maybe in the same forum section) characters can make info publicly known about them in order to allow for knowing more than just the people you meet IC. (because other than the 20H+ we're not playintg them, there are also 16 to 5000 years of not-IC background). Ex:

Toon Joe: Anyone who wants to know my toon from the 3rd war, can: he was known as -this and this- see profile for more.

Personals, IC forum, sort of do this, but only partially. I've often seen myself in the situation such as:

"I'm a nelven druid, he's a nelven druid, we've been around the same places for hundreds of years, not that many of us really, but I can't know anything about him really to avoid any meta. Oh well, gon' go say hi all awkward like then."

Muffin worthy!
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NPC relocating / RP location - Shop & Tavern Psychyn 3 1,200 08-05-2014, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Gallow's End Tavern Snuggley 15 3,497 07-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Last Post: Rigley
  Gossip Function Bovel 11 1,927 10-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Last Post: ManDudely
  Tavern Edgar 0 636 07-22-2009, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Edgar
  Tavern tweakerz 3 1,059 09-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Last Post: tweakerz