The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Chat Channels
We've had a number of people spamming various chat and RP channels, then making replies to the effect of "But it doesn't say we CAN'T talk about LOLCATS on Chat!" So, I'm here to spell out to everyone the rules on the use of various channels and emotes as far as what is and is not allowable.

-----

Spam: Before I get started, I'm going to explain the concept of Spam, which is usually text that takes up space on a player's screen for no reason, or takes up far more space than it should.

While I will be going into specific examples for the different channels, a general rule for ALL channels: If you have multiple things to say, fit it all into one message (or two if you hit the buffer limit.) You are not in a race. You are not trying to beat /trade or /lfg spam. If you nod at a group of people, emote that out, don't /nod to each individual person as this takes up too much space (see above, you're taking more space for an action than is necessary.) If you have the habit of hitting the Enter key after every sentence, you will need to get out of it.

-----

Say: For the most part, you should not be having OOC conversations over say. There are a few exceptions, but otherwise you should endeavor to always keep /say IC at all times. The exception is as follows:

1. If you are in a designated OOC zone (for right now, this is the OOC Cavern in Hyjal.)

Another note for /say is to avoid things that cannot actually be conveyed through speech. Do not put smilies in /says. While not always necessary, it is highly recommended that you spell out numbers, particularly those that are fairly simple to type (ten, one hundred, two thousand, forty-five, etc.)

-----

Emote: Most of the rules that apply to Say also apply here. In particular, no smileys (type it out instead. If you want to put a :-), instead put "So-and-so smiles.")

Custom emotes allow for greater flexibility, but there may be times when you want the accompanying stock emote for the character animation. If you do this, make sure you're not stringing multiples of them together, as that will constitute as spam.

Also, avoid emoting out the thoughts of your characters. We are not mind-readers, our characters would not be able to directly discern your thought processes.

-----

LookingForGroup: LFG should only be used for one purpose:

1. To look for others to RP with.

Anything else should be put into other channels.

-----

Chat: The following is allowable in Chat:

1. Discussions about RP that may or may not be going on presently.
2. Discussions about lore.
3. Discussions about the server and game mechanics.
4. Discussions about one's real life, provided it is relatively brief.
5. Greetings and goodbyes (Hello server! Hello UnnamedNewbie!)

The following is NOT allowed on Chat:

1. Lolcats, basketcats, Chuck Norris and his roundhouse kicks, Overlord Saurfang and his cleaves, lolwut, X socialite/actress is hot, X socialite/actress is a tramp, fish riding bicycles, O'rly/Ya'rly, IT'S A TRAP, Sailor Moon, The Picard Song, Stan Sells Everything, Cloudsong, u suck lolz, mattress surfing, and anything else on this intellectual level.
2. If it didn't happen to you personally, it shouldn't be here.
3. If you saw it on YouTube, eBaum's, 4chan, or YTMND, it also probably shouldn't be here, with few exceptions.

Anything else should be shuffled elsewhere.

-----

Adult: The following is allowable in Adult:

1. Discussions of an adult, usually sexual, nature.
2. Statements that feature strong language, but is NOT directed at a specific player.

HOWEVER, the following is NOT allowed in Adult:

1. Language that may deeply offend those of different sexual orientations, genders, racial groups, etc.
2. Language that may deeply offend those who may be victims of sexual assault.

It should go without saying, but the rules for respect still apply here.

-----

Barrens: The following is allowed in this pit of hell:

1. Anything under #1 of what is NOT allowed in Chat.
2. If you saw it on YouTube, eBaum's, 4chan, or YTMND, go here with it.
3. Ramblings that may continue on for an extended length of time.

What is NOT allowed in Barrens:

1. Adult/Sexually-themed chat (go to Adult.)

It should go without saying, but the rules for respect still apply here as well.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Something else that should have been common sense: If you are under 18 (or whatever the adult age is for your specific state/province/country), then you are NOT allowed in the Adult channel. Adult is called that for a reason. Trying to sneak in while underage IS a rule violation, so don't do it.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -