The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Brotherhood
Alright, maybe I'm just touchy or emotional or whatever because me and my girlfriend just had a fight. I dunno. Anyway...this is just a mish-mash of thoughts.

So, I've seen all the recent drama. I ask myself...does this drama involve me to the point that I want to leave too? I might not experience it all first-hand. Hey, that must be what most of you guys are feeling right now, but somehow you get dragged in and involved. Heck, most of the best mates you have in the server leaves...you HAVE to be involved in some way. And then I look at myself in real life. Hey, what's so different about them being mates in real life as mates here in the game? And thus, with this fact...we lose a lot of mates here over time...more easily than in real life in fact. It's so easy just to decide to up and quit here, while in real life you really feel camaraderie and the fact that it isn't just about you alone anymore. It's about a brotherhood. I might be out of place or weird enough to experience this in a place like CoTH, but yeah sure. I do experience it. It's something I really can't just let go of because it was a community that accepted me in the first place and where I grew, mostly in skills and knowledge but also with the bond I shared with the rest of the guys here. Anyway, yeah. Just telling you guys how I feel about the recent events. I ask myself...do I really have to be involved in this drama to the point that I leave? Or are we all forgetting that this place is a place where we RP and have fun? Yeah. Maybe a mixture of both. It's a brotherhood...so maybe it's just larger than any of us anymore to actually but maybe we can all work this out as a community since none of us really want this place to disappear. And yeah, I'm glad I've spent almost a year in here to be part of it. I thank the guys the GMs, the Grunts and Peons, not CoTH itself for the wonderful experience it has been giving me and I hope we continue RPing and being part of this great community.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
I know exactly what you mean. I just got out of a fight with my girl too. I agree with Deithe, we all should really understand that we are a brotherhood, a bunch of friends, mutual friends, business associates, and when it all comes down to it, a big ol' classic, corny, heartwarming, television show family. I think I touched this point in *Takes a step back... I also do think that the people leaving because of the "drama" should really re-think. People will miss them, as a friend does miss a friend.
I can agree with this. It saddens me that a group of the roleplayers I have known are now leaving and may never come back. It may be my timezone but I personally haven't witnessed, or even know the extent of this all-consuming drama. I hope this drama ends soon.

I can't believe how bad it must be if some of what I consider the 'bigger' roleplayers are leaving, and in numbers.
Spoiler:
We're all doomed
Eh, good thing you nubs are still around! :)
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
Diethe Wrote:Eh, good thing you nubs are still around! :)

Seconded. As long as some people stay, I'm sure some people will return, and new roleplayers will come.
Spoiler:
We're all doomed
I am deffinately staying, I am not the type of corny person...but soemthing happened while I was in office to me...in my lunch time I didnt had time to lunch a healthy meal. so I logged into WoW a bit....and I saw many fellas roleplaying were the expedition was! I even was looked by some roleplayers to join in the series of events I was working on, I had to stealth play in the office to recruit them!! lol...anyways I had the chance to See Zinkilios hangin around with us in the Thelsamar inn and some other members hangin around!...IT WAS GREAT! roleplaying is not dieing...

That really made me feel good in the aspect that there are people still willing to be around..even tho there is drama around...yall now what am talkin¡?!

lets keep together and work something out instead of fighting over it and tearing apart the great comunity we have been forming...I am not even a grunt yet! but I am enjoying it...deffinately...
in the movie 2012 when Swatzeneger Speaks: "everything is cool ye dont have nothing to waorry about.. dont worry!"

*walks off the podium*

GET TO TEH CHOPPA!!
I'll most definately be staying on CotH, even with Maulbabe and Angus Beef gone. And the reason I'm staying here?

To Roleplay!

And yes, this is a Brotherhood. A Brotherhood of the quirky, the uncanny, the intelligent, the smart, the literately sophisticated.. Exc- Including Maulbane.

Now, I may sound like a zealotical cultist here, but..

Socks for the Kifflemonster!
Pies for the Pies!
MAIM BURN KILL! MAIM BUR- Woops, got a little too hot-headed there.
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
I imagine, if anything, people may take a wee bit of a break over the next few days. I noticed activity has been rather low today with a peak of around... I think in the 30s, I believe.

PiesOfNub.
Kretol Wrote:PiesOfNub.
What the crap did I do!?
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
Pies Wrote:
Kretol Wrote:PiesOfNub.
What the crap did I do!?
You... were... uh.... I don't know. I just can't help it.

Just ask Cressy! Or Maulbane!
Pies is a pastry.

Also, while I'm saddened that some people have left(Some because of this drama, some for other reasons), I'm glad to see a lot of people I play with are still around.

Makes me feel bad for having to take a 12 months break in March. QQ
ALL HAIL THE TROLL
I agree. I think that this community is one of the strongest aspects of the server. Everyone really comes together for a mutual experience in RP. The stories we have all meshed together bouncing creativity off of each others ideas, remind me of the fun times I have enjoyed with my friends playing DnD around the table on just a much larger and more organized scale.

I really got wrapped in when, I would come home from a day of work which I hated, and I could shed those worries and RP. It came to the point where I thought of my characters and some of everyone else's characters to get through the mundane crap that is work.

So it upsets me ( and forgive me for being blunt, I'm just being honest and don't mean to offend ) when people get so upset about the "drama" on the server. I mean....How much drama can Forums produce? If "Drama" occurs, You can still RP here and pay little attention to the Forums, not recommended. But it's do-able. It seems like attention grabbing to me. Because for some it seems like. **** CoTH I hate the no good GM's but I'll still play here and complain while doing so.

Or its... I'm leaving because you guys are drama filled idiots.

I wont ever come back!....Maybe....Ok So ill poke my head around....

Aaaand...I'll probably peek on the forums.....

Aaaaand I'll...Probably make a char- its like No dude. Either you're leaving or your not leaving.

I don't want anyone to leave, half of the people leaving are AWESOME Role players. But if your confused about your stance don't make a forum post until your -sure- you're leaving. Because as the post proves, most of us are friends and it hurts when you threaten to leave because you are upset or just want someone to say "Please don't go." ( not saying this is the intention but It kind of seems like it. )

And maybe I'm just out of the loop because I'm really new to the whole forums thing. When for lack of a better term "Drama" goes off on this site, it can be so easily ignored its ridiculous. When REAL drama goes down it's unavoidable. It consumes you in everyday life. CoTH is where you go to get your mind off Real Drama.

Drama is Getting arrested, Death in the family, Serious illness, emotional distress.

Not character wiping. Or erasing of canon material. That's hitting the reset button.

I think I'm getting off topic here and I apologize. I don't mean to offend as I support the initial reason for this post, we need to all chill out realize we're playing a game. And just enjoy what the GM's have made for us. If you want to have Drama, it better be about an Orc and a Pinkskin. Ya know what I mean? Once again I apologize if someone is offended. I don't think I said anything that wasn't true though. If I did please correct me.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
ThePharaoh Wrote:Words

I really don't think most of that needed to be brought up again, just saying. S:

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Mcguiver Wrote:I am deffinately staying, I am not the type of corny person...but soemthing happened while I was in office to me...in my lunch time I didnt had time to lunch a healthy meal. so I logged into WoW a bit....and I saw many fellas roleplaying were the expedition was! I even was looked by some roleplayers to join in the series of events I was working on, I had to stealth play in the office to recruit them!! lol...anyways I had the chance to See Zinkilios hangin around with us in the Thelsamar inn and some other members hangin around!...IT WAS GREAT! roleplaying is not dieing...
So that's why you were DCing and AFKing alot?!

And I'll stay long as Mcguiver and Sheppard stays *nods*
[Image: crashbandicootdrak.png]
[Image: IconSmall_Undead_Male.gif]Chad - 'Crazy' Forsaken
[Image: IconSmall_Bolvar.gif]Drakus Ashfollow - Human Tinker

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo1_r1_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo2_r1_250.gif]
What about sisterhood!? >:C

On a more serious note; I won't be leaving anytime soon. I love CotH too much.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Edwin Vancleef/Defias Brotherhood Lore? DartaFreed 10 1,760 02-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Last Post: DartaFreed