The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

ArsGratiaArtis`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been a gamer since a young age, but for the last... 4 years I have been on RP'ing communities. Primarily, this was done on Neverwinter Nights persistent worlds created for RP, with strict RP'ing rules.

I tried out World of Warcraft RP servers, but they weren't very RP-oriented at all, so I stuck to PvP and have a decent knowledge of the WoW setting (mostly the Horde side).

On a more personal note, I'm a 21-year-old college student with an adequate amount of free time on my hands.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the midwest United States, and English is my primary language (and field of study!).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, I tried it a couple years ago when my friends in the dorms played it, but it didn't stick. Then, when a popular PvP server on NWN (Neverwinter Nights) closed, I moved to WoW with friends from that server. I had characters from level 50-60, then my time ran out (as well as my free time) so I never renewed.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Based on what I've read from the Wiki and FAQ, it seems like a heavy-RP oriented world, which is exactly what I'm looking for. Professionalism is top-notch, and that's a big selling point for me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I generally enjoy all sorts of roleplay, but I can get overwhelmed in large crowds or when action/combat is mixed in -- not to the point I quit, I just generally stay more subdued in those instances.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Well, I've only tried Horde races/classes (at least on World of Warcraft), but I'll go with Blood Elves, and probably... Rogues or Paladins.

As to the why: I'm not sure I'm ready to RP a non-human race, and as Blood Elves are the closest things to humans, I should be able to adjust (I RP'd elves on NWN). Rogues/Paladins are what suited my playstyles on the P2P servers, so I assume much of the same here.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To find good RP centers, have decent PvP and PvM, and hopefully find welcoming people!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Honestly... The fact that you mentioned punctuation/spelling and etc. are a must. Nothing ruins my RP more than players who are, well, horrid RP'ers. I hope that doesn't come off as too big-headed.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Drudge brushed his long, lanky green hair out of his large round emerald eyes. The sweat of the midday sun was hot on his olive skin, but he ignored it – focus driving him. At his belt hung a hammer, about the length of his forearm, which he fingered from time to time. Drudge was short for his kind – he was an orc, hailing from a small village south of Orgrimmar. He could still move swiftly; and he hunted.

The scent of manflesh was growing stronger – his quarry was close. What Drudge would do when he confronted the humans, he did not know, but something must be done to avenge his fallen father. Just days prior, human raiders had swept through their village, burning and looting. Drudge's father had told him to flee, and flee he did – only to return to a massacre, and to find himself alone.

As he climbed the crest of a ridge, he spotted the human camp, in a valley below. Scanning the area, Drudge thought there must be at least twenty, perhaps thirty humans. But sensible judgment was not a strong trait for Drudge; he rushed down the ramp to the valley, bellowing in anger and flailing his hammer above his head.

One arrow, two arrows, and finally, a third peppered his chest before he slowed; staggering; falling. Was my death in vain? he thought desperately as Drudge breathed his last breath.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome! You know, you aren't required to play Horde, heh. It's just that our two admins come from the Horde side on a retail server.
I thought not. However, all of my time on WoW has been on the Horde side and I'm more comfortable playing if I have a knowledge of the areas. ... Eventually, I'll gain some chivalry and try out Alliance.