The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

cryptosporidiom`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, about me, personally, I've been roleplaying on MMO's for about four years, now. I've also been around the metaphorical block, meaning I've played everything from WoW to Age of Conan and Lord of the Rings Online. In character, I tend to play characters that are "so good they're bad"; overzealous crusaders and the like.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live in America, and my primary language is, in fact, English (big surprise). I'd like to think I can speak it adeptly, but, some would beg to differ ("lulz u tawk funny u an ar pee er?")

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, I never exactly got into the strategy games, but a friend of mine from high school introduced me to WoW, and I've been playing ever since. Mostly for RP, since I have a big problem with being able to run through people in PvP.

What made you seek our server over others?:
There are plenty of PvP private servers, and even some that advertise RP; but I think we've all tried the latter, and we know that the role of RPers there is to provide easy honor points for griefers. A friend of mine told me about you, and that you were more selective, so, I decided to give it a try.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I generally avoid tavern roleplay like I avoid bubonic plague, but that could just be because I play on Moon Guard on retail. I prefer pairs to small groups, generally, when guild roleplay is unavailable.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My two favorite races are the Blood Elves and the dwarves, and I prefer paladins. I enjoy Blood Elves because I rather enjoy roleplaying as a manipulative zealot, and dwarves because... well, how can you not like the dwarves? They make great beer!

What are your expectations of this server?:
I try not to have set expectations when I start journeys. For the purposes of the question, however, I'm really just hoping that the selection process weeds out all of the vampire/werewolf/Scourge RPers. They're a big problem on Shadow Council, and a small but noticeable blemish on Moon Guard.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Tolerance, hands down. I live in a small town in central California, so, it's refreshing to get some, even if it's online.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Three figures swathed in black huddled around a crumpled shape on the chapel's floor. Tendrils of red snaked out from the corpse into the pool of water it rested in.
"Another suicide... we cannot bury him; it is against writ." One of the wraiths in black spit into the pool.
"You cannot simply cremate him without repurcussions. I think that we can be forgiven for playing nice with the nobles to secure the safety of the faith," retorted a second, slightly shorter and wider shadow.
The heavy doors of the chapel clanged against the walls as they were thrust aside carelessly. An armored knight, clad in head to toe in silver and red, strode into the room, a blade blazing crimson in the moonlight streaming through stained glass windows. The shades retreated from the knight's stoic march as paper curling away from flame.
"What manner of men are these, to defame so the character of the beloved dead," boomed a voice that, though it seemed to come from nowhere, must have emenated from behind the heavy visor of the templar. The wraiths responded by drawing steel; blackened metal flamed blue in the moonlight as it set upon red and silver. Screams resounded from the chapel. The paper, tainted by unholy scriptures scrawled upon it, curled and swayed to escape purifying fire, but, to no avail. The priests fell, one by one, to the blade and lance of the rogue templar. The dark scriptures were consumed utterly by the fire, which, even in the hour of its triumph, sputtered and died. The templar gazed upon the corpse, uttered a single word, a name, and fell, his sword and lance clattering to the ground beside him, anointing the ground with blood.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
The above story is purposefully vague. Hopefully, due to the rather vague nature of the prompt, that is acceptable. I endeavored to rather give a glimpse of me as a writer in general than me as a specific character. I hope it pleases, and, thank you for bearing with it.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Please feel free to check out the forums; there is much valuable information located on the stickies, wiki, and FAQS that will help you out while playing here.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

<333

Cressy

cryptosporidiom Wrote:They're a big problem on Shadow Council

I remember when Shadow Council was decent. :< Back many, many years ago.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]