The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

SplitThought`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a good player, I don't attack anyone for any of their traits, I love to RP, and I hope to have a fun time on CotH!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Canada, where I speak English and French, moreso English than French, though.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My friend introduced me to World of Warcraft, but I had played Starcraft and Warcraft II years earlier, and decided to try out Warcraft III.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I'm looking for a good roleplaying server, because there really are none anymore that I can seem to find.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love Guild roleplaying, mostly in smaller groups where I don't have to talk to everyone at once. (By Guild ropleplaying, I mean having a whole guild of people in a village / fortress - Particularly something large enough to hold a guild of, at most, 20-30 people - And going around talking to everyone.) I most enjoy telling stories.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I love Trolls, partially because their /dance emote is Capoeira (A Brazilian martial art / dance form), and because they have a great history behind them. My favourite class is a tossup - I love warriors because they don't have to worry about mana and because they're powerhouses up-close, I love Shamans because that's what I started with (and because they are wise and powerful), and I love Mages because I like the idea of Glass Cannons.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't have many expectations for this server, but I do hope that I'll be able to RP, as well as participate in a few instances or raids.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I do like the rule about maturity. It's nice to be in a server with people who don't scream "PWNED" or "LOLOLOL" every third word.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
If you ask someone from any village close to the Durzec mountains, they will explain to you why no-one travels the high roads anymore. They will tell you of three things - They will tell you of the rains, and they will tell you of the evil creatures who inhabit the mountains. But only when they tell you of Cariyah Grey will their eyes fill with fear. Only then will they shoo you off and refuse to speak to you ever again.

Ask anyone, and they will tell you of the Durzec rains. Without anything to fall upon but snow and jet-black lichens, the rains are silent, save a paranoia-inducing 'phut-phut-phut' for those who care enough to listen. It is the sort of rain that drenches to your core without you feeling a thing until the frostbite and hypothermia has already set in. The rains give only one way for one to know that they're actually there - The silence that comes with them. The rains scare away the beasts and insects of the mountain, for the fear that they, too, shall die of cold. The thunders have been labeled divine for breaking the silences that ensue with such rain.

The damned who inhabit Durzec are said to be former men and women, torn and broken from nights spent year after year under the black skies and blood-red moons. Their skin is said to be as black as the lichens and as cracked as the rocks which number the heights. They scream without end, they cry without hope, and they kill without care. But even the fear they instill matches the horror of the true evils locked within Durzec.

For it is said that, when the world was formed by the Elder Shakers Thosur and Grale, their very first creation was Durzec, as a home for the Olzun, creatures of stone and black iron. They formed the other races with their mighty hammers and skilled hands, and their forges are still said to lie within the mighty mountain. But since the end of the days of myth and legend, these halls have been the lands of the Ky'Bir - Cursed creatures whose creators had lain with animals and created vile half-breeds. They patrolled the labyrinths of Durzec with a holy vigilance, to protect it from the other races. But not even the Ky'Bir were as horrible as Cariyah Grey.

Some say he was a man who made a pact with the Esth'Ech's (demons) Lord-General, Ezekabel, and was given powerful and damned powers because of it. Others say he was cursed by powerful Shamans and banished to Durzec. Still more say he simply wanders the halls in an insanity not known to mortals. Whatever he truly is, no-one can say - But what he did, oh, what he did, that sad tale is known to everyone throughout the kingdom.

Decades ago, Cariyah Grey had grown mightily powerful. So powerful, he had grown arrogant. In his arrogance, he challenged the mighty dragon Zhaal - Dubbed protector of the realm of Jeth by the Elder Shakers - to a contest to see which of the two was truly the most powerful. Zhaal had seen Grey's growing power, and was hoping to find a way to strike him down. This was the perfect opportunity. Zhaal accepted the challenge, and so they readied themselves. They met, one year after, at the very peak of Durzec. They would compete in many tasks against one another. The first was to see who could grasp the Sun in their hands. Zhaal knew that if the Sun were grasped by either of them, it would shatter into millions of pieces - So he proposed that, instead, they see who could grasp the Moon. Grey grudgingly accepted, and went first. He stood on the peak of Durzec and outstretched his arms towards the orb, but struggled in vain; His arms were too short to reach the great silver mirror in the sky. Zhaal took his place, and with his mighty wings, flew up to the moon and clenched it in his teeth for but a moment, then put it back. The moment was enough, and his teeth left deep scars in the moon.

The next contest was a race around the edges of Jeth from Durzec. The two contestants raced valiantly alongside one another, but in the end, Zhaal won again. Cariyah Grey was beginning to become angry by now.

The third and final contest was a game of Rannva (A common dice game in the world of Jeth). Cariyah, being frustrated with losing, had secretly cheated and put weights in his dice. Zhaal knew this, and bided his time until he could call Cariyah's bluff. The man rolled first, down the side of the mountain. They rolled down, down, down, and hit the ground, embedding themselves in. He had rolled a straight of 1-6, as he had expected would happen. Then it was Zhaal's turn. The dragon, not knowing what to do or how he could possibly beat Cariyah's roll, prayed to the Elder Shakers and to the Dead, and threw his dice. They landed right next to Cariyah's dice. There was anticipation as the two went down to check his roll. There was a one... Another one... Another... Two more... Cariyah was nervous and scared as he unearthed the final die. As he brought the six-sided cube of bone into the light of day, his fears were confirmed - The final one needed to make six of a pair. Zhaal's dice had rolled six ones. Zhaal breathed a sigh of relief.

Cariyah was not so happy. In fact, he was furious. How could HE lose? His bloodlust boiled within his bosom. Without any hesitation or thought, he attacked Zhaal. The dragon was pressed into the ground, and could barely move. Cariyah took advantage of this and fought without mercy or honour. Zhaal released himself from his prison, and the two fought a great battle at the top of Durzec.

In the final moment of their battle, Cariyah was struck down to the rock. As Zhaal went to kill Cariyah, the man cast himself a powerful spell, a great fire overwhelmed the top of Durzec. Zhaal was killed instantly, and Cariyah was thrown into the depths of the Olzun's halls. The wound dealt to Durzec was healed over time, by powerful archmagi and Shamans alike. But since Zhaal's death, the evil creatures who had been kept in check overwhelmed Jeth, and many empires fell into ruin. Cariyah Grey was never heard of again.

And so you now know why the damned creatures wander the woods at night, and why men and women keep their children in when the moon shines. And you know why, when you ask anyone who lives under the shadow of Durzec, about Cariyah Grey, they lock their doors, board their windows, and pray that he won't return to the face of the world.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing I can think of... Except - Do you have instances and raids open, or are they closed?
You're traveling through another dimension-- A dimension not only of nubs and orcs but of the Internet. A journey into warcafted lands whose only boundaries are north of Eversong and south of Tanaris. There is a signpost up ahead... Your next stop... Conquest of the Horde.

Welcome to the server!

As for our instances and raids most classic and burning crusade instances are operational however I know a few WotLK ones are not so.

Anyway, have a good time and I hope to see you in game!
[Image: walrus_family_affair-2.gif]
"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings" - Lewis Carrol