The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rowye`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
First of all, hiya everybody. ;)

I'm a 32 year old guy from Badalona (a city next to Barcelona, Spain) and a music fan and artist. I discovered roleplay in the very early 2007 through Planeshift which I still play when the game's bugs allow me to. I had been using the game to mostly level until then and slowly found out this was pretty boring compared to the whole range of possibilities roleplaying would offer me. I was lucky to find the right teachers and quickly became totally addicted to it... been unable to stop roleplaying since.
I tend to overuse smilies OOC and possibly emotes IC, but I can't help thinking the latter help so much as to how others see my characters' actions and will react to them. And I hope the former won't be an issue for anyone here. :p
Been running roleplaying guilds and player events since a few months after I started roleplaying and I wouldn't mind to repeat the experience here when the time comes and I'm ready for it.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
My primary language is Catalan even though I speak Spanish just as good, you need both where I live to get along. My English has been improving in the last years to the point I can usually manage to use different accents in (written) roleplay without issues, even though it's far from perfect. Still much room to improve. ;)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Since a few months after I started roleplaying I have been looking for alternatives to Planeshift now and then. I have played some Lineage 2 in a Spanish RP server but I admit I prefer English for the matter. WoW was the next big game to try and I just had to find a good server in which roleplay is taken seriously enough. I played on regular servers for a bit to get the feel of the game and learn the mechanics. Now seems like I'm more or less done with that, so it's time to start learning the lore in more depth and hop into the real thing.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Half answered above, from all the WoW servers this was the one I liked most after reading a bit through the forums and info sites. Also a couple of friends gave good references about it, so no chance for me to choose another.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Usually day to day RP nowadays. Played a pretty rough character for a couple of years and I guess I burnt up the killings and fightings a little bit, even though I'll never reject a good RP-fight.
I'll usually have much fun just with character interactions that show the depth of their personalities. That can happen in a tavern or a pretty landscape, but I tend to calm situations without neglecting some action now and then.
Nowadays I'm not very prone to training so I'll usually just rush-level my characters to the point I feel their stats fit them and stop there to go into pure roleplay. However, as long as progression is an important matter to the role one specific character I don't mind taking the training further in either jobs or fighting skills. Long story short: I have no interest at all on wearing the most shiny uber armor in the game, I rather spend that time with shiny writers that help me improve both roleplay and language.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Considering my still not so deep knowledge about WoW, I would say Blood Elves are the race I prefer to the date. For a bunch of reasons: I've always liked the elves' cunning and find pretty challenging to play such chars. Most of the time I'll tend to not extremely evil, but sneaky characters (including mine) and this seems to fit well to the Blood Elves. The way they despise other races and their haughty, distrustful behavior should make for a lot of crooked brow straight looks. ;)
Besides that, I love their appearance. Along with the Tauren, definitely my favorite race eye-candy wise. And you just need to have a walk through Silvermoon's streets and sites to tell these guys know how to go about enjoying life. ^_^'
As to what's my favorite class, I can't say I've tested each and every class in depth but I quite like Rogue and it seems like it's the one that best fits my RP taste as well.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I can't say I have any expectations since I'm new here and still have much to learn about the game, not in position to demand. ;)
But of course I have some wishes. The most important one being to find people who's up and able to roleplay consistent characters seriously and does that often enough for me to join in. I would love to find enough people who can help and tell me nicely how to enhance my characters in WoW which is a whole new world and lore for me.
I would also like to find likewise characters who are not the most beautiful, the most feared fighter, the most skilled crafter, the most of mosts. I must be such a weirdo to like normality. ;)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Many!
Respect first and foremost, but I suppose this doesn't need many comments.
I personally love that there are rules about roleplaying, it's usually somewhat discouraging to join an announced RP server or game to find out half (or more) of the people online can barely write an emote.
And a special mention to the rule to forbid godmodding which has been an issue for a long time for me to deal with on other games. Thumbs up!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'm not a specially good storyteller, even though I will write about some spontaneous roleplays if they touch me enough. So I'll post a first person text I wrote about the death of one of my main characters in Planeshift (note that this wasn't a permanent death).
But before the story, a little background: This was a huge (RP) fight involving many characters, so my apologies in advance for the amount of names and terminology used that may be oblivious to you. My character and her elven husband had been dealing with one shady powerful character for long and the struggles had to come to an early end for somebody. A friend screamed for help and four of us ran to her only to fall into an ambush. Another, much deadlier fight started:

Again.
Screams.
The same voice.
---Is she never going to be safe?---
---Aren't they ever going to release her?---

We run, Velh at my side.
Nixe right on her way, coming from the other end of the plaza.
Malkari is there, his sword aiming to Anumesa and she... unarmed.
We surround them quickly, lounge at the lonely Enkidukai. He is nailed, hit, punctured, kicked. Several times, all around.
Falls unconscious. Boils. Shakes. Something seems to be escaping from his weakened body.
Its mouth opens and a shadow breaks out. Moves away. The boiling stops.
I want to end with this. No more of this nonsense.
End with this.

Everybody aims at him but nobody moves.
And I am stopped. By their eyes. Their compassion.
Mercy.
---Why not finish his pain?---
But the wounded Enkidukai opens his eyes, he talks, explains.
I don't listen.
I don't care.
I only want to end with this.

Nixe needs help.
She can't walk.
I take her, place her somewhere safe.
Then a voice at my back.
Can't but turn at the shadow approaching. We all do.
Another known voice, another surrounded Menki.
He is advised, threatened. Once and again.
---Won't he move away?---

His back is mine, my daggers nail it. Stronger.
---Let's end with this.---
The two blades cut the flesh, they move inside. Enlarge the wounds. Goleus isn't going to blink.
But I back up, let him speak. He keeps the foul talk. Words. All in vain.
No trust will arise.
It's not a matter of trust. Anu has no choice.
Her eyes fade to black. She wants to resist. Cries. Yells.
But she can't.

She has Nixe's sword. Awkward.
The blade twirls in the air. My elf yells. He is hurt.
I have no choice now either. She is going to get hurt too.
---If this is the only way...---
She was hurt. My daggers pierce her sides and force her pause.
Barely blinks either.
The blade twirls in the air. Now it is my cry, silenced.
My throat.

The stone is cold.
Their voices are distant. I hear Velh, Nixe... Goleus.
Anumesa is silent. They fight each other. She fights herself.
My throat bleeds. Blood.
Warms my hands up, and soon the stone. I smell of death.
I want to scream. Muted.
Not going to give up. The healing helps.
Only wanted to finish it.

Blurry silhouettes fight.
Vithos looks at me. Velh looks at me, I try to reply. My words never come out.
---Don't worry about me dear, end with this.---
My fingertips explore the wound. It slowly diminishes.
The healing helps. Not going to give up.
My vision clears up. Enough to spot the black eyes of the Menki.
Enough to see my hunter's breath evade him. Coughs.
He is still alive.

Enough to see the black aura growing up in Goleus' hand.
No. It is not going to happen.
I drag myself. Crawl.
On my knees.
It is not going to happen.
---Take my life, but not him.---
I am big. I can protect you. I am a giant. I will protect you.
My love.

I step in between. The aura grows. The Menki grins.
I protect all I have. All I want.
Velh is surrounded by my bleeding warmth.
---You are not going to take him.---
He moans. Mourns.
---Don't worry my little elf, you are safe now.---
The bolt is released.
My dusk is near.

I can feel it. Every second is an eternity.
An eternity I use to watch my handsome Dermorian. Joy.
---I am not going to move.---
I sense it coming. Slowly. Approaching my back, inch by inch.
Wandering the air. Black.
Until it touches me.
Shakes me.
Stiffs me.

Darkness.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Pretty much said all I wanted to in the answers above. Sorry if that was too much spam for you.
Perhaps I'll just add that I tend to prefer casual roleplay before scripted one unless I'm the one running a (more or less) massive event. I believe in coincidences and most of the time pure interaction with other characters in-game works better for me than brainstorming about it beforehand.
"Hello, this is CotH, my name is Walluce how can I help you?"
"Join us you say?"
"I think that can be arranged."

Welcome to the server!
I hope you have a fantastic time here with us and if you have any questions not answered on the Wiki feel free to ask a GM! We are here to help.

Hope to see you in game!
[Image: walrus_family_affair-2.gif]
"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings" - Lewis Carrol