The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rune Gun
Is it possible?

A Rune Gun, basically, a gun made to act like a Rune Blade, using Death Knight magic for bullets. The person who wields said gun use to be a Marksman prior to becoming a Death knight so, as I ask, would it be possible?

And if so, would it also be possible to have a Rune Blade change shape into it at will?
Seems like an interessting idea enough, I especially like the rune blade changing shape idea. Since there are runeaxes, runemaces, runepolearms, etc, I don't see why there can't be runeguns. Just as long as you got a gun with runes, it should work I guess.
[Image: crashbandicootdrak.png]
[Image: IconSmall_Undead_Male.gif]Chad - 'Crazy' Forsaken
[Image: IconSmall_Bolvar.gif]Drakus Ashfollow - Human Tinker

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo1_r1_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo2_r1_250.gif]
I would like to say no, personally. Not to sound like an a-hole, but I think rune guns may push the limits quite a bit. The Lich King really didn't take into account what people did prior to being raised, he just gave them something and said "Go run around shaking it at those innocent people." So, while there may not be anything against it, there's nothing really supporting it either. That I know of anyway.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
I'm not thinking about someone having a Rune Gun from the time they were in the Lich King's hold, I am thinking about someone forging a Rune Gun for themselves. This is just something I plan to do for one of my characters but he doesn't exactly know how to make a gun so I can't until he finds someone to help him (Which may be a bit hard seeing as he wants a Dwarf and he's Forsaken).
Umh. When I think of it, it sounds possible, but I don't think it'd have any effects really, if you don't 'rune' the bullets too, at least on impact. Without any special effects, I find this possible, if it wasn't given by the Lich King.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
It would be a big 'no-no' according to me.

The few death knights who actually gain rune-weapons are stuck with them, and that is it. The only reason Blizz added runecrafting system is cause DK's would be flamed by players if they couldn't loot and use weapons.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
I think it's cool idea.

Like the magic colt from Supernatural!
Lower the flags, a good man has passed.
He has reached the last of frontiers.
Lower the flags, down to half-mast.
For again the world has taken a turn for the worse.

My Gallery.
My opinion...it MIGHT be possible if your character spent hours a day inscribing every single bullet with ruins, and even then it may take some kind of special enchantment to the gun to use the runes through it. If you want my advice, get an ok from a GM and build it over time ICly. Don't just have it instantly, even if you're just making the character.
A gun with a runed bayonet and it is all made from Saronite?

I do not know off the top of my head. I am tired.
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]
Okay, I'm getting rid of the idea of having his bullets being runic, dumb idea. So, instead, plain old bullets which are used with a gun that serves as a Rune Blade. I plan on making this ICly if I can find a Dwarf to assist my character with making it.
To quote from the thread about DK myths and such being busted...

Quote:A Runeblade is an instrument, mostly a weapon, which Death Knights use to channel and accentuate their power in order to perform more devastating and powerful blows against their enemies. It doesn't have to be a weapon, however. It could be Gauntlets, or maybe a Helm.. Even a body part for all I know! See, if it can have runes written to it, it can TECHNICALLY be classed as a Runeblade/Runemace/Runehood/what have you. Well, this is VERY uncommon, and has probably never been done before. I suggest sticking with the blade.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
A runeblade changing into something is a definite no.

I don't really think projectiles would be as effective to be honest. Guns won't exactly work that well with Scourge, even with DK magic, seeing as Undead can only be killed by decapitation. And seeing as the large majority of DKs only care about killing Scourge or something similar... well, think of it this way, if you want to eat soup are you going to use a fork? 'course not (or are you? Some people are odd...), you're going to use a spoon because it's much easier Some people.

BUT, as odd as it is... it does sound possible, but I guess it'd only be useful on the living.

This is just something to throw out.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
beltharean Wrote:To quote from the thread about DK myths and such being busted...

Quote:A Runeblade is an instrument, mostly a weapon, which Death Knights use to channel and accentuate their power in order to perform more devastating and powerful blows against their enemies. It doesn't have to be a weapon, however. It could be Gauntlets, or maybe a Helm.. Even a body part for all I know! See, if it can have runes written to it, it can TECHNICALLY be classed as a Runeblade/Runemace/Runehood/what have you. Well, this is VERY uncommon, and has probably never been done before. I suggest sticking with the blade.

This sounds like speculation taken from another site, rather than anything official from Blizzard or from WoWwiki.

As for runeguns, they seem to have, in my opinion, too many mechanical parts to be able to be bound like that. A bayonette would be a pretty impractical use for it... and other Deathknights would likely be embarassed to be around you, for trying to be such a special snowflake.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Hawk, would you really say that the runeweapons death knights have are for killing undead? I mean have the DKs already come so far to change their runeweapons to be used against the Scourge?
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
I'm also unsure about the decapitation thing.

But, that's beside the point, what he was trying to say is that a gun is pretty useless against the Scourge, as compared to lets say a weapon that you don't have to re-load, aim, and shoot.

And yes, the Deathknights do use their rune-weapons to combat the Scourge. It can, and will most likely be used against other things, but the Ebon Blade mainly concentrates on combating the Scourge, and making sure Deathknights are becoming adjusted.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dancing Rune Weapon. Azheron 2 687 06-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Gyran