The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Return of Thayan! (AKA: Questions after a long absence!)
Hello Coth! I'm glad to be back after a long leave, and with a new laptop to boot! However... this raises another problem...

I have very little idea as to how to get my WoW to match the server anymore. As of the moment this is being typed, I have absolutely NOTHING of WoW installed on my shiny new laptop... Would anyone mind reviewing with me how to go about this, since making a mistake would require more hours of re-install time.

Edit: No! I seem to have misplaced my WotLK disk! *Sigh* I guess I'll have to go buy another before I can actually play. Still, if someone could still go ahead and tell me how, that'd be great! :)

Edit2: Never mind! I can go to my old, inactive retail account and re-download WotLK for free! I knew giving them my money would pay off some day! (But not really)
I think (someone will need to confirm this for me) that you can log in using the download related to the Wrath of the Lich King trial. The trial should be a full installation of the game, but you just use a temporary account. It shouldn't affect you being able to log into Conquest of the Horde.

We're currently using the same version as retail, so you can go ahead and patch to full. I know this is absolutely correct because I still raid on the retail servers without any problem.

So:
  1. Install the game
  2. Patch to full
  3. Switch out the realmlist.wtf for the appropriate information
  4. Log in and play!

And let me be the first to welcome you back, person I don't know!
You can just download the installer on the official site - or get the universal client off this site in the Downloads section. Just install the games in the order they were created in.

Oh, and the info for the patch and builds the server accepts is on the CotH start page.
Thank you both. The fact that we match retail is super helpful right now.
Great. Just great. Well, I tried to download the WotLK from WoW website, and it told me I had downloaded 3.9GB out of 3.7GB, while still being 33% complete. The loading bar actually pushed out the side of the completed bar. I am so confused. I went ahead and canceled that, for now, until I figure out what is going on.

My new laptop is windows 7, and so I'm assuming this is where I'm having issues... does anyone know if this might be the case, and if so, how to fix?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A confession and some questions Nymus 4 3,559 01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  Druid of the Antler? and more questions. Andy7565 7 3,490 11-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  The return SachikoMaeda 8 2,115 08-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Dae
  A tentative return. Ozewse 12 2,667 07-11-2014, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Scout
  ... three years is a long time... Rowgen 7 1,544 07-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Last Post: CappnRob