The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Morguemeat`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I have to say I'm a bit of a hobbyist writer and I've been roleplaying more or less since I first discovered the varied wonders of the internet. I just happened to take quite a liking to creating entertaining stories with others as well as creating fun and interesting characters to take part in them. It was like taking the childhood joy of pretending to a new fulfilling level. I still froth with excitement when creating new plots to share with others. To my fortune I've found I have an overactive idea fount. There are times when it can be problematic, but it really helps with roleplaying. As I'm typing this I actually have a character idea rolling about in my brain.
Many say I have a particularly dark mind, and I fully believe them :3

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live in the US, so I don't believe we will have to worry much about language issues :3

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first discovered Warcraft from Warcraft II, but I only really got into the setting upon playing through the entirety of Warcraft III. When I discovered Blizzard was making an MMO based on the series and my friends were planning on playing, I decided I'd play too. After playing it for awhile, making dozens of characters, I decided I was in love with the setting. It was dark and bloody, but also humorous, even going as far as to be silly in spots. The game knew when it was okay to not take itself seriously. Out of all the fantasy settings out there, it has to be my favorite one.

What made you seek our server over others?:
For the most part, it was the first one to get the majority of what I wanted correct. I wanted the focus on roleplay, not some ridiculous PvP romp-fest. I just wanted the game itself to serve more as a graphical chat interface than anything else. It opens up many interesting possibilities for a roleplay when you can see it all, right there in front of you, but still rely primarily on your imagination. There was also the fact CotH seems to be a roleplay with standards. I like having something to read. I love description. One liners and terrible spelling and grammar make me extremely sad. I actually type most things in Notepad so I can get used to spelling words correctly on my own. None of that spell-check laziness for me!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've found, that over the decade or so I've been spending roleplaying, I enjoy many types of roleplay. I like action, adventure, drama, even combat when it calls for it. I'm even fond of idle chit-chat between characters while doing nothing of incredible interest. Everything has its place and is pretty important for the development of a character.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I happen to be very fond of the Draenei, although I don't plan on making one as a character right away. I just adore their aesthetic appeal, the females especially (They're so cute ^.^). They're the one bloody alliance race that isn't a member of the generic fantasy races (Yes, I was more or less forced to alliance because of my friends).
As for my favorite class, that's an extremely tough one. I like most of them actually. I suppose my current favorite is priest. I just like the aesthetic appeal of the robes, the ability to main heal, as well as the ability to melt faces clear off! Yes, I giggle madly when I Mind Sear stuff in instances. Warrior would have to be a close second as you just can't beat the simple joy of bludgeoning something in the face with an overlarge two-handed weapon, or two in the case of titan grip! The curious part of this is I never took a Warrior past level 30...

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm hoping it will be a new and interesting roleplay experience. The official RP servers just weren't that fantastic, in all honesty. Most people simply don't roleplay (They probably went there for the low population) or roleplay poorly. When passable rp did happen, it was incredibly fun! I would think it would to be so much better taken a step further, as CotH does, where it becomes less of an MMO, and more of a setting to immerse yourself in. I hope to make an entertaining character, make new friends, and let my creativity flow!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Even though I'm particularly fond of the selection of rules for this server, out of everything, I have to say I'm most pleased with the Keyboard skills rule as well as the Maturity rule. Nothing ruins good roleplay like poor spelling and grammar. It irks me to no end when someone manages to be too lazy to type a three letter word and instead substitutes it for a single letter word (Like "U" instead of "You").
The maturity rule pleases me because I like to know people will be able to handle situations like rational adults and not go entirely berserk if they don't agree with something. My roleplaying content might be considered too much for some in some circumstances, and I would appreciate it if they politely tell me so I can work something else out.
Y'know, humility is another good one. It's good to have everyone working together for the greater goal of creating an enjoyable roleplay experience. Everyone can have their moment in the spotlight and then pave the way for another to receive the same treatment.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Two small figures crept slowly and silently towards a dilapidated crypt sitting in the middle of a forgotten graveyard. It was strangely devoid of the walking dead for being so close to scourge territory. As the two figures closed the distance, the eerie silence was suddenly broken.
"Why do these things always have to be at the bottom of a dark crypt? Just once, why can't it be somewhere well lit, and not surrounded by dead things?"
The blue-haired gnome stopped and turned her goggle-obscured eyes onto the goblin behind her, simply glaring at him for a long moment. "You're the one that wanted to come along. Remember all that stuff about securing your future investment?"
The goblin frowned, reaching a hand up to scratch lightly at the base of a long green ear. "Yeah, well, I didn't expect you to plan on getting me thoroughly killed."
"Shush." The gnome placed a finger to her lips. "We're almost there."
Moving to the entrance, the two diminutive creatures stopped a moment to carefully peer down the cracked stairs, to make sure it was clear of anything that might get a particular kick out of doing them harm. So far, all clear.
The gnome motioned with her hand for the goblin to follow. "All clear. C'mon, let's go, and no talking."
The goblin acquired a particularly irritated expression before the pair entered the crypt, moving carefully down to its deeper levels.
It wouldn't be long before they made it to a spacious, open chamber with a large sealed metal door at the opposite end. Roughly in the middle of the chamber was all manner of scientific equipment, soiled by various colored fluids. Several nearby tables were littered with severed body parts, some still leaking juices onto the worn wooden surfaces. An operating slab had what looked to be an Abomination in progress. It was missing a head and most all of its limbs Yep, this certainly looked like the residence of a scourge doctor.
The gnome gazed about the chamber slowly, taking note of her surroundings. "Doesn't look like the doctor's home." With that, she stalked over to a table littered with alchemical equipment, peering into the various bottles, vials, and other containers.
The goblin decided his talents were better utilized keeping a lookout. Getting mauled by ghouls wasn't on his list of things he wanted to do today. As he gazed about the creepy chamber interior, his ears would suddenly perk as the gnome let out a sound of delight. She was holding a bottle of vile purple fluid in her hands.
"This is it! The serum we've been looking for!" She snatched a cork off the table and squeezed it into the bottle's opening, keeping the contents safely sealed away for now.
"Good, then let's get outta here! I've had enough of the creeps as I can take!" The goblin turned towards the exit, suddenly stopping dead in his tracks. "Uh oh! Bad news!"
Standing in the entryway was the scourge doctor, clad in a filthy green lab-coat, the machine on his back churning away noisily as it dripped a putrid green substance onto the floor. Fredrick's jaw dropped as he stared at the two small creatures in his lab. He stuttered a bit, obviously flustered "W-what? N-no! That's n-not fair! I-I just moved here!" He growled and moved quickly towards a lever, gripping it a rotting hand. "I can't make any progress if adventurers keep stealing my work! Not long ago they took my notes. I've been trying to reverse-engineer the serum from the only successful batch I've got left. If you take that, I wont have anything!" He pulled the lever with an audible click. "Creations! Protect your master's work!"
With a loud rumble, the heavy metal door at the opposite end of the room fell into the floor with a heavy whump. With much grunting and growling, abominations began to pour out into the chamber.
"Kill the intruders and retrieve my serum!" Fredrick screamed.
"Eeep!" The gnome drew the short blades from her hips, preparing herself for combat while the goblin ran up to her, using her as a living shield as he shivered with fright.
"You can take these guys, right?"
The gnome's worried expression was far from reassuring. "Um, actually, I think there are a few too many. I think the best option is to RUN!" Screaming the last word, the little gnome took off for the exit, serum in hand, followed closely by the terrified goblin.
Snarling and roaring, the abominations surged forward with speed that belied their hulking forms, brandishing massive cleavers and swinging barbed hooks on chains. The monstrosities quickly closed the distance as the small figures fled down the narrow hallway that led to the stairs.
After multiple heavy thumps, Fredrick watched the scene unfold before him, simply horrified. The abominations plugged up the entryway with their whip-stitched bulks. Not a single one made it through. Placing his hands to his face, Fredrick began to sob.
A lone abomination moved up to the doctor, placing a meaty hand on his back, patting him in a consoling manner. "We sorry, we try harder next time."

(I hope you enjoyed that! Just something I randomly pulled out of nowhere. Somehow I ended up giving the Scourge doctor more character XD I suppose he fell into the type of character I would enjoy playing)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing that I can think of at the moment! Aside from maybe asking the possibility of playing Fredrick at some point =P He wasn't the character I had in mind originally, but he's pretty awesome!
Welcome to the server!

I'm sure you'll fit right in and enjoy your time with us, do make sure to give the Wiki, Rules and FAQs a read since they will explain a lot of good information that will help you get used to CotH! Oh! And don't forget the stickies, the stickies are important!

Most importantly, remember that Happiness is mandatory, citizen.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!