The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The walk from Ratchet to the Arena
Is a little long. There IS a path you are able to take right next to the arena, but it well...doesn't really feel like a path. I was walked with someone from the arena to Ratchet two days ago and realized exactly how long the walk IS.

Just curious, would it be possible to put a stairway or ramp of some sort connecting the two easily?
You can OOCly walk up/down the mountain, it's not too hard. That's what I usually do and what a lot of other people do I think.
I'm aware of that. But have you ever done it IC while talking to someone who is only visiting the arena from Ratchet and you're walking with them back to town for supplies and things?

It's a pretty long walk.
Simple solution - Walk down the cliff and say you're walking around.
And hey, long walks = more time for RP-talking and such. :B
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Funny thing, I actually thought of this as well last week. I think someone outta just throw some stairs down there.
Aren't walks usually supposed to take long?
It puts the grammar in the RP or else it gets the hose again...
Tarne Wrote:Funny thing, I actually thought of this as well last week. I think someone outta just throw some stairs down there.
So did I, coincidentally. To make the stairs even more Goblin-like they can charge a toll for everyone who chooses to take them down to Ratchet.
It's not that long, and if it feels like it takes too long you can just jump on a horse or something and speed your way down. Or jump down the cliffs like the others said.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Or use the OOC portals that lead to it.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Hmm, I agree that for OOC use the walk isn't that long. But I can see that when RPing it could affect the realism. An Arena near Ratchet is a gold mine for the city. So they would probably create a better path to it. Perhaps a path to improve Ratchet -> Arena RP travels isn't an idea that bad. For RP reasons that is.
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
Others have said it best :3

I've been going in-between the Arena and Ratchet for a horrid amount of time and it's not that bad. If people don't want to use the time IC to sneak in RP (including just RPing out that it's a smooth path which has been established by the Goblins... I mean, just imagine if that hill was steep and you literally had no other choice but to walk the long way) then take the five OOC seconds to drop down and continue on. It's really not that bad a walk... the last thing I want to see is a portal being placed at the Inn so people don't have to walk at all to the Arena, -please- don't make that happen.

"The potential of these lands has yet to be seized." -Taelyn Sunwing

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OOC PvP Arena Aphetoros 1 1,620 11-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Arena Utility Thoradin 0 705 06-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Thoradin
  The Ratchet Arena Nixie 16 2,541 01-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Lynoa06
  Arena Points ManDudely 2 815 02-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Last Post: ManDudely
  Silly Ratchet slothahoy 3 2,793 07-26-2009, 03:36 AM