The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Swift Zulian Tiger (IC mount)?
I am thinking of getting the Zulian Tiger for an IC mount for my Blood Elf.

I would explain it by A.) Astus bought it in Booty Bay off a Goblin. Or B.) Astus bought it with money from his family's Hawkstrider Ranch (again in BB) when it was a cub, therefore it became attached to him?

There was a lengthy discussion in /chat about it and I wish to know your thoughts.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
I would say no for the sheer fact that a troll wouldn't sell one to a goblin in the first place. These tiger mounts are basically conduits of the loa Shirvallah (Sp?), and are rather precious to most tribes. If you could say perhaps that it isn't a zulian tiger, but just a random tiger from the jungle, then perhaps...

But also, think about it for a moment. Are you really going to be able to ride a tiger? Think about that for a moment. It's hard enough to ride a horse as is, much less a tiger. Night elven mounts are a bit different in the sense that they've been bred for thousands of years for the purpose of riding, so those don't really count either.

So... I'd say not really.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Yeah... Tiger mount = Troll mount in my mind.
Especially in the ideal that the troll riding probably is a native of Stranglethorn.

So yeah. I disagree mostly on the fact you are an elf.
Then even more on the fact you are an elf trying to ride a tiger.

Mabye if you were an orc...

Joking. Nether, can't anyone take a good orc reference these days?
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]
I really don't think a Blood elf can ride that under any circumstance. I even doubt that a goblin no matter how shifty will be able to get his hands on one. They're sacred to the Trolls as it has already been stated. And even if a goblin got his hands on one and happened to sell it. Your character would not be able to ride it. Or even tame it for that matter.
The worlds a roller coaster,
And I am not strapped in,
Maybe I should hold with care,
But my hands are busy in the air.

Like Father, Like Son. The path of a Beastmaster.
I made my points during the discussion in-game, so I'd say no.

"The potential of these lands has yet to be seized." -Taelyn Sunwing
It doesn't have to be a Zulian tiger though, could be just about any tiger, right?

Still iffy about a blood elf riding one since it does seem a bit wierd, but I wouldn't say it's completely impossible.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I was thinking a bit ago about the 'not being to ride it' part, when I created my Blood Elf. Well, no one is born with the knowledge to ride an animal. They have learned it. Therefore, they can learn to ride another animal. It may take some time, but it is absolutely possible. :?
I don't think it really matters if its a Zulian or a normal tiger. Elves are used to hawkstriders as they learn from their parents how to handle them. How are you going to let this tiger ride you around? Did you learn this from Steve Irwin? It's just really illogical and you would superiourize yourself to other players by riding this. And I just don't see Kretol allowing this mount to all players.
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
Nostra Wrote:It doesn't have to be a Zulian tiger though, could be just about any tiger, right?

Yes.

edit:

I never said the tiger would actually be 100% trained. That would definitely take time. Also...if this mount isn't possible, can someone suggest a mount that isn't a Hawkstrider he could ride?
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Mike Wrote:And I just don't see Kretol allowing this mount to all players.
He already has. It was never race- or faction-specific to begin with, and it's sold in the Arathi farms.

My problem would be that, well... A hawkstrider looks like an overgrown chicken, and, uh... Well, tigers are carnivores... Yeah... I rather doubt you'd be allowed to use it in a city...
[Image: 2mhzmdy.gif]
rentreality Wrote:
Mike Wrote:And I just don't see Kretol allowing this mount to all players.
He already has. It was never race- or faction-specific to begin with, and it's sold in the Arathi farms.

My problem would be that, well... A hawkstrider looks like an overgrown chicken, and, uh... Well, tigers are carnivores... Yeah... I rather doubt you'd be allowed to use it in a city...
If he tamed it well enough, how would it be any different than a hunter's pet?
before u say i am stoling this tesseract let me explain to u a thing
Well there's the money aspect and a lot of players do not realize that a mount IC would be very, very expensive in regards to buying, training and upkeep. Fortunately for his family, they apparently own a Hawkstrider breeding farm so he could afford one and could easily get a new one if his current is too old to use. Since the family business revolves around Hawkstriders, he'd most likely be that much more interested in them. In addition, a Blood Elf would look at other mounts as lower class, dirty, etc. ("But my Blood Elf is different than others!") Could you imagine an Orc riding a Hawkstrider, with how much they love the Blood Elves? I wouldn't imagine so and "but my Orc is different" would seem a bit iffy.

I doubt the Goblins would have a ton of trained exotic Troll tigers sitting around. ("But it can just be a regular tiger.") And soon the spectral tiger and magic rooster will also be a "regular animal" for everyday use. Also I find it unlikely his parents would have gotten him a tiger cub since they are not native to their land, more likely a springpaw perhaps (not to mention a tiger on a farm raising large birds?). He is a warlock so I don't see him taming a wild animal. As somebody mentioned the city of Silvermoon would not be keen on a large orange tiger running around. I'm simply sharing my point of view.

"The potential of these lands has yet to be seized." -Taelyn Sunwing
rentreality Wrote:He already has. It was never race- or faction-specific to begin with, and it's sold in the Arathi farms.

O M G

I must be an Elitist.
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
Aphetoros Wrote:
Nostra Wrote:It doesn't have to be a Zulian tiger though, could be just about any tiger, right?

Yes.

edit:

I never said the tiger would actually be 100% trained. That would definitely take time. Also...if this mount isn't possible, can someone suggest a mount that isn't a Hawkstrider he could ride?

My Blood Elf rides a Motorcycle. It's badass.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
I see no problem with people doing unconventional things as long as they realize how difficult it is to acquire such items and the impact that it may have on that character. Especially since that mount is already available in-game from the Arathi Farmlands.

I think that too many people are so worried about people appearing "special" that they want to enforce a cookie-cutter mold for all characters. Norms do exist and exist for a reason; they provide guidance on how your characters would most likely behave, think, feel, act, and so on given their races and backgrounds. However, this doesn't mean that there aren't individuals who exist outside of the norm. If a wealthy blood elf whelp wants to have a tiger as a pet and has the means of acquiring one, then so be it. There are few things that would physically keep him from doing so, especially if he has the means and the money to facilitate the transition. Even if goblins wouldn't have one, he could probably finance an expedition to get one, even if it meant fighting and killing trolls.

No great loss from the elven perspective.

However, it's a high cost, both for acquisition and maintenance. There will be backlash, both from his own kind (who may revile him for using a barbaric mount, though some might also think it fashionable because it's so new and unique) and from other races, in particular jungle trolls who may see the mount's use as almost sacrilegious and probably offensive. This could lead to fun -- and unexpected -- roleplay opportunities as he uses the mount in public. I would also assume that the training would be entirely different from training hawkstriders; as a result, it would take longer and I would foresee more mishaps with what is going to be a pretty temperamental beast.

Unique mounts could be treated the same as prestige classes (which tend to be subject to the same scrutiny due to the air of "special" surrounding them). While permission may not be needed, perhaps you can create a thread that catalogs the character's search for a mount, the effort he went through to acquire it, the extensive training that went into it, and so on. It's harder to say no to someone if he has taken the opportunity to think through, explain, and actually write out ICly what has occurred -- as long as it's logical and believable.

If something is worth gaining, that effort shouldn't deter you.

Just my gut feeling. I tend to be more inclusive than exclusive when it comes to roleplaying concepts, as long as they're grounded in reasonable concepts. If some rich brat wants a special mount and has the family money to finance his search, it seems somewhat likely that he'd eventually find a way to acquire it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get a Dragonhawk Flying Mount! FlyingSquirrel 5 4,231 01-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Laliki
  Flying and the Mount Bug? Carver 2 767 08-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Mount Ideas! :D Iceclawz117 15 2,467 06-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Last Post: omgpie
  Rp mount Question Googlemon99 4 1,175 06-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Googlemon99