The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Event assistance
I am looking to host an event called Stonewrought Dam in Peril. I'm needing heavy GM aid in this as I want to be able to have NPC's used and controlled which I think might involve several of you. Also, I don't know how this will impact lore, or if it's too much against it. It's currently in the Event Planning thread for a basic idea if you would be so kind as to read it, and any questions you can directly ask me.
Check Hawk's reply in your original topic, he asks that you write up a plan and then sends it in to a GM, we won't deny/approve it before we know what exactly is needed from us and players.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Okay. My base line of thinking for some sort of order of events is as follows.

Dark Iron Dwarves begin to amass a force, importing supplies from the Burning Steppes atop of the work they're doing in the Wetlands. They would be at work making armor, siege machinery of a small scale sort such as perhaps one catapult or something that can project explosives from a distance. Nothing too major or unrealistic. They would mainly of course be focused on the ranged aspect of this job, but if they have to I would imagine some of them to be sappers. Probably branched into a division of rifleman, sappers, infantry and support depending on whether or not they have any sort of magical influence.

With the current situation present in Arathi Highlands I would say that indefinitely the horde would be able to take notice, mainly the Forsaken all things considered that they have annihilated all Alliance posts within that area -except- for Stormgarde. With that in mind, that would give what little involvement the Alliance races have in Arathi at the moment an opportunity to catch wind of the Horde attempting preparing for anything should they find a way. I'm not saying that they will, the Alliance regardless will be involved, but who finds out what first might become very important to the outcome.

Now! This gives the Horde an opportunity to try and establish some sort of movement or maybe even negotiations with the Dark Iron's in order to be a part of the attack should they feel it important to either destroy the damn or possibly try to prevent it themselves. The reasoning for an attempt at prevention is because with it gone, the Wetlands could virtually be annihilated by the flood which could case complications in being able to get around the continent with an entire portion of the land flooded. Of course it would do lots of damage to the Alliance, taking out the damn, draining the lake in Loch Modan atop of destroying the human town in the Wetlands should the waters rampage that far. Regardless if the water doesn't, it might push creatures out of their places and they might become agitated and aggressive, especially considering the dragon flight presence.

Back to the main thought here. Should the Horde catch on they could either betray, befriend or remain out of the picture with the Dark Iron's. This gives them the choice of making temporary allies, outright waging war against them, or waiting until they commit to the siege to see the results then jump in if they fail.

So. The Alliance Dwarves could very well catch on to the fact that their is suspicious activity in the wetlands from other Dwarven mountain patrols and noting that they are progressively increasing their ranks. This of course could set them into alarm to see what it is their amassing. So off a letter goes to Stormwind and Ironforge toward their military's to see what sort of support is possible. Send a letter to either one, doesn't matter, they're connected by the tram so both would know regardless. This means any and all Alliance could be involved in the going downs.

Ironforge perhaps could try to spare some gnomish ingenuity like the canons they have guarding the entrance, maybe one or two of those to help hold the dam, one on each end or two toward the middles. Heroes of the Alliance could swoop in to try and help the cause atop of what few NPC's could be spared from the two cities.

This is where I'm at with the idea right now. Of course as I said there will be a lot of violence, chance of death, guarantee maybe in some cases. Lots of injuries, maiming, crippling. If you've ever been next to a powder keg when it goes off, or seen what it's like, you would know things aren't going to be good for those too close. Common sense on that. For this I would beseech the GM's for assistance because one, I not only need to know that this can be verified and not going against lore; but I would also request your support in setting up this event, handling NPC's which I of course would be delighted to work coincide with working on.

This is basically a re-post of what I have on my main event thread going on, but the ideas I figured you would need to see for confirmation! :3
BUMP

This event can only happen if the GM's decide to tell me if it can or not.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help/Assistance Forum Delmure 1 607 02-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Qaza