The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

When to be IC and OOC
I am still getting my introduction approved or denied or w/e will happen, but I want to know when I should IC and when I should be OOC? When I am leveling or grinding, should I still use brackets/parenthesis for OOC speaking? Or do we have phases? Also, if you die ICLY, I heard it takes a week to revive, i get that it's for rp, but that sounds a bit much, I think I need to know more about how long rps last, because if they only last for like a day, then you need to wait 6 more days to rp with that char again? I don't get that, please help xD
Note: I came from a diff rp server, and we had a lot of public rps, so please don't think I'm an idiot if there is only guild rps and such.
As IC as possible, brah'.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Maulbane Wrote:As IC as possible, brah'.

Ummm ok? So...is it always IC no matter what?
Nah, you can be IC when grinding and questing or in certain OOC areas, or when alone, but when others are around you should be IC

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Say is IC, for correcting your grammar we mostly use general, /1. We have Chat for OOC goodness, and Barrenschat for OOC nonsense.

Otherwise, /e is as usual, and that's about it.

The reason for not using brackets is that it gets mixed up with actual says, so, to avoid any possible confusion, we use /1... mostly.

Else, exactly what Maulbane said.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Ok, thanks for the information =] I can't wait to get approved and join! It sounds very fun :]
By the way...if I did use parenthesis by mistake, would I get in trouble? I am worried I could because of force of habit, or would I get a warning or something?
Folks might remind you that you should use /1 or the appropriate chat channels, but it's no biggie if it's a newbish thing - you'll get used to using /1 before no time.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
DaveM Wrote:Folks might remind you that you should use /1, but it's no biggie if it's a newbish thing - you'll get used to using 1 before no time.

Awesome =]
Usually, try to stay as IC as possible outside of warsong gulch, which is the designated OOC place to goof off and such. When out RPing you can use the /1 general chat to do OOC mistake fixes to spelling or grammar, even pardon an accedental jump if you happen to press the space bar at the wrong time. Even them most of the people here will see you jump or do an action that looks totally OOC and automatically deem it OOC, everyones pretty light on that.

For going out and leveling up, you can do it like retail and use mounts, run, jump and all that. Normally people wont RP out there in the wilderness where others will normally quest, but if you run into someone out there, be in character as best you can. This doesn't mean walk over to them and RP with them, it just means slow down, act like an actual person would in "psuedo-medevial" times. You don't see knights constantly running at max speed with arms and armor, do you? What I do is switch to "walk mode" until I'm out of sight. It just shows that you respect their RP enough to slow down and act IC because they are IC.

As for the two week revive thing; I think that only pertains to actually dieing ICly. As in, you agreed to have someone kill you in a legit IC fashion, not getting owned by a random raptor/giant/kobold/etc in the middle of RPing. What I did when someone I was RPing with got smacked by a Scourge-thing that was like fifty levels higher, was ressurect him (I ='d paladin at the time) while the other high levels we were RPing with killed said Scourge-thing.

I hope this helped some :mrgreen: .
Aanya Ambersong- The conflicted Soldier of Fortune.
Julianah Graven- The fanatically self righteous Zealot of The Light.
Shaavi- The Fighter who is willing to test her mettle against everyone, and everything.

"Keep an open mind, it'll do you good."
Inhibitor Wrote:As for the two week revive thing; I think that only pertains to actually dieing ICly.

It is for dying IC, not OOC. I would imagine actually being killed IC would be rare unless you constantly get into dangerous situations.
Spoiler:
We're all doomed
Base it off of what your character would do. When you're grinding, if you attack something your character never would've attacked, consider it OOC. Likewise for questing.
[Image: badge.jpg]
[Image: badge.jpg]