The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Assassin For Hire
Hey, I was wondering that if I get onto the server would I be able to play an Assassin for hire, using the rouge class. I don't mind which faction I play as but I was wondering if there would be anyway to kill both factions as this would be nescisary for the role. Either way, would being an Assassin for hire work well?
Well, it could work.. But you need to be a Grunt first, as Assassin is a prestige title. And you couldn't just hop around, killing whoever you please.
Roll combat for fair play. /nod

Oh, and if you kill someone of your own faction, your comrades wouldn't be.. happy about it.
In other words, they would instantly attack you and call you a traitor.
Yes it would work. Although finding people who actually want someone dead is another thing all together. You can do it just remember two things, the people you attempt to kill can fight back and finding work for an assassin is more difficult then yelling out in the streets, "Assassin for hire!" because, frankly, the guards wouldn't like it.

Either way, welcome to CotH and I hope you enjoy your stay!

(Also, what Wolohoo said is true, Assassin is a prestige class)
Wolohoo Wrote:Well, it could work.. But you need to be a Grunt first, as Assassin is a prestige title. And you couldn't just hop around, killing whoever you please.
Roll combat for fair play. /nod
True. But one does not need to be an 'Assassin' to assassinate someone, no? A Warrior could technically assissinate someone.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I don't think we should all jump on the "Can't be an assassin" bandwagon, if only for pedantics. Technically, assassin is an occupation just like any other, despite that the fact that they've named it a prestige class in the RPG.

But - Kret wouldn't change someone's rep at a whim, but I believe it is possible, if you prove yourself with a hell of a lot of hard work, you can get a reward of some kind like that.

EDIT: SAFSGHA(USGHSG XIGOOOO

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Maulbane Wrote:I don't think we should all jump on the "Can't be an assassin" bandwagon, if only for pedantics. Technically, assassin is an occupation just like any other, despite that the fact that they've named it a prestige class in the RPG.

But - Kret wouldn't change someone's rep at a whim, but I believe it is possible, if you prove yourself with a hell of a lot of hard work, you can get a reward of some kind like that.

EDIT: SAFSGHA(USGHSG XIGOOOO
:D
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Assassination is basically just killing someone

Like a mercenary.

It could involve something about not getting caught but, really, with the assassinations I've seen, it's just been killing someone.

So instead of being an assassin, you could be a mercenary and do the basically same thing.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
Thank you all for your feedback ^^ I understand that I can't just go killing people due to the fact anyone could, and that it would be quite stupid. But, I'm speaking more of story as oppose to mindless killing. As Maul said, I'm sure I can prove myself worthy of such a title with a bit of time.

With this being said, I only really see my Assassin idea as a work in progress, as in the story/Rp people might want others dead. However, to oppose Xigo, Although it's true you wouldn't have to be an Assassin to kill someone, if you had the choice, would you pick someone huge and noticable or someone silent and skillfull?

I'm not meaning to start a conflict, I'm just thinking more along the, "Well if it was really me" lines, As if it we're really me, I'de want a job done as discrete as possible. Thats my only reason for reflecting this onto my Rp.

Thanks again ^^
[Image: Surma1copy-1.jpg]
Well, the only big concern I think that most people would have is in calling yourself an assassin. While assassin would most likely be a valid (though reprehensible) occupation, it is also the name of a prestige class on this server. Problems would arise when a relatively new person goes around calling himself an assassin; it wouldn't be immediately apparent if the word referred to the role or the class. As long as you make it ridiculously apparent to others than you are not referring to the class, I would think that it's fine.

In terms of roleplaying as a killer, keep in mind, too, that not all interaction within the universe has to occur in game and it doesn't necessarily have to occur with players. It would be viable to have someone approach your character in the game to request that a killing be done, but have an NPC (non-playable character) be the mark. You could then take the story to the forums and post it in the In-Character forums. It would allow you to roleplay the killing, but in a manner that wouldn't interfere too heavily with other players or their characters.

Hawk's Eklokai's Dungeon... comes to mind. He's been writing about body parts his character has collected over the years, with flashbacks of how those murders occurred.

Though developing a story with another player where you are engaged to kill a PC would be pretty spiffy!
Piroska Wrote:Well, the only big concern I think that most people would have is in calling yourself an assassin. While assassin would most likely be a valid (though reprehensible) occupation, it is also the name of a prestige class on this server. Problems would arise when a relatively new person goes around calling himself an assassin; it wouldn't be immediately apparent if the word referred to the role or the class. As long as you make it ridiculously apparent to others than you are not referring to the class, I would think that it's fine.

In terms of roleplaying as a killer, keep in mind, too, that not all interaction within the universe has to occur in game and it doesn't necessarily have to occur with players. It would be viable to have someone approach your character in the game to request that a killing be done, but have an NPC (non-playable character) be the mark. You could then take the story to the forums and post it in the In-Character forums. It would allow you to roleplay the killing, but in a manner that wouldn't interfere too heavily with other players or their characters.

Hawk's Eklokai's Dungeon... comes to mind. He's been writing about body parts his character has collected over the years, with flashbacks of how those murders occurred.

Though developing a story with another player where you are engaged to kill a PC would be pretty spiffy!
Thanks for the reply =] That sounds like a good idea indeed. As for the calling myself an 'Assassin' I could always just make sure that I'm putting my point across that I'm that roll and not that class.
[Image: Surma1copy-1.jpg]
Exactamundo!

Wolohoo Wrote:Oh, and if you kill someone of your own faction, your comrades wouldn't be.. happy about it.
In other words, they would instantly attack you and call you a traitor.
I'd also like to take a moment to remark on this idea. Not everyone keenly identifies themselves as their faction (specifically, Horde and Alliance). Think of the farmer in Elwynn Forest who is more concerned with his smaller problems (planting, caring for the crops, hoping that it'll rain the appropriate amount) than with the larger on-going war. Think of the trader who may be more concerned with transportation of his goods and -- to a certain amount -- how social unrest might affect his business.

Nationalistic (factional?) pride only goes so far.

On the other hand, order is something that could be considered universal in almost all societies. Murder (defined, in this case, as being a killing that is not socially acceptable, whatever the standards it might be in that culture) disrupts that order. Without enforcement of a rule that prevents murder, you create chaos. One of the unfortunate sides of chaos is an environment where an economy cannot thrive. The guards are not going to be upset because they see a murder as being defiant towards a certain faction; instead, they're going to be upset because enforcement of rules of this nature ensure that social order continues to exist.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to play an Assassin [WIP] Kirabo 11 2,478 07-01-2012, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Jurkey