The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

I might as well...
As much as I dislike the way Lucelia spoke his mind I must agree on many things he said. Now I ain't saying I hate people on this server but there is a dark cloud of banhammers hanging over our heads. And I don't like that.

It seems like the GM's can say anything they want and when they lose a discussion: BAM topic locked. Though when -they- are trying to prove a point they leave the topic wide open.

Also, deleting posts I made? Come on.

Another example, my profile picture I had a while back. I kept a low profile after I got a warning but I don't care anymore. What the f**k was up with that. You call me racist for having a guy (who happens to be black) dancing around with chicken legs? That's just insane.

I don't like the way people get slammed down to the ground with warnings when the GM's don't like it. CotH seems like North Korea at times.

To the people I had fun with, cheerio. I'll probably see you around.
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
"And now it's time for Maulbane, your man for the weather today"

"Thank you sugar. So today. . ."

Spoiler:
[Image: shitstorm.jpg]

Spoiler'd because someone somewhere might somehow be offended.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
I'm not gonna leave mate. I'll stay here for now. The banhammer, personally, has only been felt for me once when I made a comment a week in and was told if I ever stepped out of line again I'd get banned. But thats all really. At that time, I was genuinely unimpressed. But not since then has it happened again.
Bah, North Korea must be way worse.

Since I haven't seen any of this

Maybe I'm just blind. :o
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
As far as posts being 'deleted,' generally inflammatory topics get archived. If your posts are allegedly getting deleted, please PM me with further details.

Other than that, I presume by the banhammer clouds you refer to the warnings threads. It's how we document when we notice anything that could be problematic in the future, or whenever we have to speak to someone about some random rulebreaking or the like. Documenting everything like that ensures we know just how often (or how little) a particular person may do anything troublesome.

As for the avatar thing... that was discussed in the GM forums, and the end result was more in your defense, I believe. I apologize that you were apparently never contacted after that initial warning.
It's not -why- Kretol, I don't really care. It's just that the cloud is there. Now I am not saying you should change this, I am just saying that I don't like it. Hence my leaving.
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
We've said this dozens of times, but if you have a problem with the way a GM does their work, PM Kretol and it'll be dealt with. But I guess people just don't listen anymore, eh?

I've always found it odd how, in essence, players have the ability (to an extent) to remove GMs. But as soon as WE do it we're suddenly minions of satan, and worst of all, people complain without even knowing what happened. They just make blind assumptions.

And are you really going to bring up something so petty? What's normal to some people is offensive to others, so why fight over it? It's just fact. And yes, what Kretol said is right.

I guess I'll just wish you luck, as I'm not going to speak further on this. *shrug*
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
I don't even see why you should react like that to a post like this. If you think my post is petty, then why reply?
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
Because I don't want other people making the same mistake.

Oh! And I meant the guy dancing with chicken was petty, not the post. I wasn't quite clear on that, my bad. (And naw that wasn't sarcastic)
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Hawk Wrote:I've always found it odd how, in essence, players have the ability (to an extent) to remove GMs.

No.

We do not.

Even at at time like this all you can do is blame others? Hawk, I respect you, but come on.

EDIT: Even when the "Petty" remark was directed at the .GIF, I repeat the last two words of the previous sentence.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
There's obviously a powerless feeling they have there.The players probably think that if they speak out they'll get owned, or they don't know enough to put up anything against a GM, thus they just keep their problems to themselves.
It puts the grammar in the RP or else it gets the hose again...
Maulbane Wrote:
Hawk Wrote:I've always found it odd how, in essence, players have the ability (to an extent) to remove GMs.

No.

We do not.

Actually... Yeah, some GMs we do, but there are some we couldn't remove even if the whole community would be against it.

I don't actually care, though. I thought the GMs were doing a good job so far.

I mean, North Korea must be a great country for those who don't know that the leaders are badass dictators hiding stuff, eyh?
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
/Clap
It puts the grammar in the RP or else it gets the hose again...
If a GM is acting like an ass you can talk to Kretol about it, noone can promise that a GM would be removed just because of your complaint but you can be usre that the GM will be talked to in a most serious manner. I know I've been warned in the past, and I'm sure other GMs have too.

Edit: Heh, forgot to say goodbye!

/wave, see you later aligator.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I don't know much that goes on within the community. I don't get involved too much with the social aspect. I talk to people, I have fun, I sing karaoke, I roleplay, and I busy myself on the wiki, but I'm not too interested in gossiping. However, I do know one thing: if I ever have a problem -- with the game, with the server, with something technical, with a player -- I can approach Kretol.

Kret is one of the most approachable people that I know. To date, I've talked to him about two problems and both times he rectified the situation -- which, surprisingly enough, once meant going against the ruling that another staff member had made about one of my characters. To my experience, he's been fair and pretty darned understanding.

I don't know what's been said. Frankly, I don't care. This kind of stuff doesn't particularly interest me. However, I'd be interested in knowing if people approached Kretol about the problems before letting things escalate so much that they're willing to quit the server. A lack of communication happens most of the time because the parties involved just don't talk to one another.

On the other side, I'm gonna miss Mike. Sadness.