The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Unahim`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've come a long way in RP.
It started out by being asked by one of my friends to join a certain forum that was a "Star Wars RP" board.
I really didn't understand it all too well at the time, and making my first ever character took me age.

It was a very basic character in terms of story, and a half-breed at that!
I held my own quite well in the RP, but I had yet to learn patience. I posted in several places of the board at once, not realising that was physically impossible for my character.

Still, I guess I wasn't too bad, since when the board eventually went down and a new one was put up, I was invited back.

I was still pretty young, very young in fact, and when the second forum also stopped I stumbled across Neopets.
Yes, I can hear you laughing already, but I was young!

I played the game regularly for some time, and eventually noticed they had some sort of forum too.
In fact, there was even an RP board!
I began going there, participating in several short-lived but fast-paced and fun RP'ing threads.

Following that, I continued RP'ing on some other boards, as well as going to the third(and as far as I know final) incarnation of the Star Wars RP boards.

I was still quite young when WoW came out.
I couldn't immediately get it, because our home computer was pretty crappy, so it took me and my brother ages to convince our parents to get a new one, the way kids do.
When I did though, I joined an RP server immediately and have been playing on one ever since(save a 14 month break).

At the same time, I picked up D&D with friends, and of course the roleplaying never stopped in other areas either.

I am not purely a roleplayer though. If you ask me what I'm like as a player, I'll tell you I'm into a lot of different games as well, be they competitive or not.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Belgium, my primary language is Dutch.
I consider English to be my second language, and I picked it up quite young.

I'm always eager to improve, so do call me out on any mistakes.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I believe I've already provided some detail here above, but I basically started Warcraft with WoW, and then later picked up WC3 as well.

I remember being attracted to WoW because it was in gaming news a lot, and I had never played an MMO(save for Runescape, which I left when my attempts to find some RPers proved unsuccessful) so the sheer thought of playing with hundreds of players was enough to pique my interest.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Recommendation of someone who's been with you a while.
I do not wish to tell you his name, for two reasons.
If I get accepted, I want to be sure it's on my own merit and not because of association with someone else.

Also, if I do get denied, I don't want it to reflect badly on him.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds of roleplaying you mentioned, but the roleplaying most dear to me is the RP I have done for four years on retail WoW now.

When I was in the game only a few months, I happened upon a dwarf in Loch Modan. He helped me do a quest, and I noticed he had an unusual battle cry.
I asked if that was because of his guild, but he said no, it was for himself. However, we started talking about his guild, and I joined.

That night, there was an IC meeting around the camp fire. My char was seated across a female from the same race, and they just wouldn't stop smiling at each other.
Since then they've fallen in love, married, and stayed together for over four years, which I imagine is kind of a record.

The person behind that other char is now one of my dearest RL friends, and I still spend 90% of my time on WoW (outside of the few raids I lead) RP'ing with her.

I doubt any level of RP can beat the connection between those two, but change is the spice of life, and so since my RP partner takes it a lot slower these days, I hope to find some other quality RP here as well.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human Mage, if you want to express it in pure game details.
In all honesty though, my main character would probably not like you calling him that, since he's a Sorcerer.
If you look at the lore(which you probably know better than I do) they're like mages and wizards in their powers, but they gain them differently.

Instead of studying to achieve them, they are born with them and let their bodies act as a conduit for raw magic, rather than learning the control over it from books.

I've always liked the concept of magic wielding characters, and the concept of being born with a power that you struggle to control is one I like above all else.
In addition, it gives me an explanation why my characters aren't always as "sane" as other people.

i likely will not recreate this character on this server though.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect a place where I can momentarily let my character take control, without worrying some 1337 speaker will be around to ruin it.

I prefer being IC to RPing. To clarify: for me, being IC is letting go, letting your character do as they please, which sounds strange to people who've never managed to let go to that extend.
RP'ing, however, is just following a script in your mind, it's not the same.

I do not wish to discriminate against people who prefer to RP and don't like letting control go, it's just not for me.

I do understand where the limit is though, and I'm always watching over my char as a guardian spirit saying "Hey, you can't do that, it's against the rules".
It breaks my IC for a moment, but it's for the greater good.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The one about respect, because even if we scratch all the other rules except for that one, the server will still be a nice place to be for everyone.
If you try that with any other rule, that's not the case.

Sure, we need all rules for it to be an actual RP server, but the respect rule has the biggest influence on actually keeping the server together, if you ask me.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
We've made a new RP setting on our clan forums, and I thought up quite a few of the gods and goddesses for it.
I'll just put one of those goddesses here as a sample of my work. It was never intended to be of very high quality, as it's there to make the setting rather than to be a high quality story, but I feel that's for the best.

After all, on the server I won't be writing at my best story-telling level either, nobody ever is.

Selena the Temptress

Selena was once a young, beautiful woman, and that was her problem.
Being beautiful is a great gift to those in a secure environment, but Selena was a poor orphan living on the streets of a once great city, and to her her beauty was a curse.
Starting at a very young age, she was repeatedly abused and mistreated, which left her young mind scarred and broken.

She was only a young adult when she started noticing gaps in her memory, big blacks holes she remembered nothing of, although some people assured her she'd seen her during this time, often in a very unladylike fashion...
It wasn't long after that that she realised she must be insane, and indeed in a way she was. The repeated abuse when she was younger had led to her developing a second, more messed up persona, which would awaken and take control every so often.

Seeing as there's nothing else she could do, Selena went on with her life.

One day, in the streets of the city, Selena was on the run for some guards, having just stolen a load of bread to be her first meal in a few days.
She ran around the first corner she saw, when she bounced into something hard with a clatter.
As she looked up she saw the face of a man more beautiful than she had ever seen rising above a full piece of armour, smiling down upon her.
For Selena, it was love on first sight.

The guards quickly appeared behind her, victoriously announcing her days as a thief were numbered now. When they saw the man, however, they grew silent, and mumbled greetings and "Sir.."s...
It appeared the man Selena had ran into was none other than Crown Prince Andrew, on a walk with his guards(which indeed were numerous, now that selena took her eyes off the prince to look for them).

It is not known if he was immediately as smitten with Selena as she was with him, or if he was simply performing a bit of charity and later fell in love when she got cleaned up and in a pretty dress, but we know that eventually, they developed a bond of love that was pretty deep.

Andrew eventually married her, and he was a content husband. It never ceased to amaze him though how "different" his wife could be when she lured him into her bed, seemingly completely different from the shy and modest girl she was during the day...

Selena and Andrew's love was enormously great, and the lust of Selena's darker persona was unparalleled in all the realms.
Thus it was that, one fine day, a spirit of love and a spirit of lust curiously found themselves drawn to the very same woman. It wasn't long before these two decided their interests neither aided nor hindered the interests of the other, and so they both hid in the shadows, feeding off Selena's(and occasionally Andrew's) emotions, and lading her with gifts of power...

Selena seemed to get even more beautiful and beautiful every day, and according to Andrew's bragging even fiercer in bed.
Her devotion to him seemed absolute, and there was more than one palace servant who whispered she'd probably pass away if she were to be without him for one full week, but to the end of her days she never was.

The people looked upon their new princess with wonder, and she was carried on the waves of her adoration for many years.
When Andrew's father passed away and he became King, with Selena as his queen, it was very debatable which of the two the people actually cheered for, standing on the palace balcony: the newly crowned king, or the Orphan-Queen, who's beauty and perfection was fast becoming legendary the world over?

The kingdom knew never before soon peace and prosperity, as none of the countries neighbouring it had any wish to attack, nor did any of the political enemies of Andrew want to make any moves, because Selena had mused in public about how sad such affairs would make her.
And men(or women) who could even fathom making Selena sad, were becoming scarce indeed.

Selena continued to become more lovely and loved every passing day, but Andrew started to become weaker and weaker. At the same time Selena's other half's sexual appetite grew even larger, and many would later claim that these two were directly related.
Eventually, King Andrew passed away in his bed, but what a way to go!

There was a very short period of mourning before Selena, heart-broken but determined to see to it that Andrews' work was not for nothing, ascended to the throne.
The following celebrations and festivals were so grand, that an outsider would not have guessed a king had recently died at all.

Selena proved to be a wise ruler, and continued to be loved by all, while her night life became more and more adventurous.
She is one of the few female rulers, however, who could ever get into affair after affair without it hurting her reputation. After all, most of her lovers never mentioned the affair to anyone, and her servants were uncannily dedicated to her.
The few affairs that did leak out were met by the public with a boyish grin, a woman, even a Queen, has needs after all, doesn't she?

She ruled(and decided what the current fashion was) for many years, before following her husband in death at the ripe age of one hundred.
Her death came as a great shock to the nation, since she still looked like the healthiest, most gorgeous one hundred year old one had ever seen, with barely a wrinkle at all.

The new few years saw a bloody civil war, and the kingdom was never quite what it was after that.
But everyone remembered the glorious days of Queen Selena, and how incredible a woman she was. Andrew was lucky to be mentioned here and there at all!

It became a habit to pray for the spirit of queen Selena to watch over the newly wedded or young couples, and her aid was also often enlisted to spice up one's sex life...

So it was that even after her dead, Selena continued to revel in the adoration of her followers, eventually ascending to the status of Goddess Selena, the temptress.

Even after death the split in personality remains, be it clearer now than ever before.
Selena currently has two forms, one as the Goddess of pure love, and the other as the Goddess of lust.
While none of the two forms is inherently malicious, her aspect of lust has been known to be a bit more sadistical at times than the one of love, and so often people with a dishonest motivation for imploring the Goddesses' help, pray to her more lustful aspect to serve as a mediator between them.

When praying to the aspect of love, she is invoked with the words "Oh Selena, fair lady of love..." while the traditional incantation for the lustful side is "Oh Selena, mistress of pleasure...".

Temples hallowed to her always share this duality, with one side being a pure, innocent hall of prayer where marriages and such can be arranged, while the other side is often a classy brothel catering to a -very- wide range of taste.
Many of the sisters(and priests) serve at both sides of the temple at once, which is not required but very much encouraged. There are also always women and men who aren't strictly religious, but still work for the temple on account of their skill.

The priests and sisters of Selena possess limited powers of healing, but through their Goddess they are however very adept at curing diseases.
Everyone entering the brothel first has to undergo a powerful cure disease spell, before being allowed in.
The people working in the temple are also submitted to this treatment almost daily, ensuring the health of all clientèle.

For those not interested in the other services rendered, cure disease spells can be bought on their own for a price. For pleasure visits, this price is included in the cost.
Most temples of Selena also have a small herbalism shop, where those with less funds can buy healing herbs, as well as herbal aphrodisiacs and anti-conceptives, both of which are used by the temples own people as well.

In any case, every working in the temples is very well paid, with enough money left for the temple to be filled with splendor, and still more money left to go to the homeless and the orphan's, which also fall under Selena's patronage.

When she walks the plane of mortals, she wears many disguises, often acting as love doctor bringing people together, but she also just might be that wonderful lady of pleasure you met the other night who gave you the time of your life, but just so happened to leave before you could even pay her!

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not really.... thanks for reading to the end!
(Or did you just scroll down? You did didn't you! Hah, kidding, should have seen the look on your face...)
< Insert witty, insightful, insanely rehashed signature here >
Hello Unahim! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Keep in mind that we are currently having downtime on the server, however! Check the News Posts for more information.

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxy