The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Bonus abilities.
Multi-classing is not an uncommon practice in table top RPGs now a days. Would such a practice also be possible on CoTH? Of course I understand that we can't have warriors running around casting every spell in the book, but a priest that can use a paladin spell and vice versa. Each character could have one spell that another class has, provided that it seems possible by lore standards.

For example a warrior may not use a spell as complex as teleport, however a simple fire spell like fireball, or a simple holy spell like lesser heal could make for more entertaining fights providing that the other players know and the reason as to why he/she knows that spell is approved by a GM.

If this idea has any potential or you want to add your own two cents I would like to hear it.

[Image: uE13.gif]

He died for your sins!
Ironically enough, Right now. There is a "Ask GM's a whole buncha questions" Session going on.

That question was asked and the response was no. They don't want any multi-classing of any-kind. At least that was my interpretation. If I was wrong someone will promptly correct me, but I believe that is what they said.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
That is correct. It makes no sense to have a warrior to heal himself with magic. Meh.
Their answer was no.
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
That's a shame, I was hoping I could make a rogue that could throw fireballs.

Guess that must remain nothing but a dream.

He died for your sins!
silversnake88 Wrote:That's a shame, I was hoping I could make a rogue that could throw fireballs.

Guess that must remain nothing but a dream.
Uh.. Just how would that make sense ICly?
[Image: 124dk.jpg]
1. Sees a mage cast one, asks if the mage could teach him, the mage humors him, after a few failed attempts the mage tells him to give up, kid doesn't and practices until he gets it.

or

2. Learns it from a book.

And this kid is multi-classing on crack. Just to show it's been done canonically.

Med'an from the WoW Comic book.
Spoiler:
[Image: 13449_400x600.jpg]

He died for your sins!
But why would a rogue, whose specialization is daggers and stealth, want to learn magic.
Even better question. How would he find mana to cast the spells.
Wouldn't work, I'm afraid.
I don't think that the GM's decided on multi-classing not being allowed just because of ICly it wouldn't make sense, because you could make some argument that it could, but in my opion it was done more so on the basis that it would get very confusing/abusive/random. Ethier way if you really wanted to looks at a muti class then I belive the closest you can find is on the presteige classes.
[loading tips]: after you bring your friends to Azeroth make sure to bring them oustide of Azeroth as well! [me]: "like to Outlands?"
You could always just throw an incendiary grenade. It won't go far by throwing, but you could attach it to a rocket. I've seen it done here before, but this would require said rogue to be an engineer.
Now then, casting the rocket wouldn't be the ability. Would it?
The ability is Engineering, more precisely, crafting.
Rikhard Wrote:Now then, casting the rocket wouldn't be the ability. Would it?
The ability is Engineering, more precisely, crafting.

Exactly. So the rogue can cast a long distance fire attack without multi-classing and everyone is happy.

Obviously, you can't go around carrying unlimited rockets, and even carrying -one- around makes you an accident waiting to happen, but alas that is the price we engineers have to pay.
I was going to go with the "Learned it as a kid through a mage" thing because then he would know the spell and grow up, and then becoming a rogue. And since he can use fireball it means he can use mana.

The idea was for the rogue to be able to throw fireballs, engineering was the second option.

He died for your sins!
In order for him to 'have' mana, It would imply him having a high spirit as well as knowledge in magic.
Also, If he learnt the spell as a child I think he'd be prompt on becoming a Mage instead, rather than a rogue.
And even If he knows how to create fireballs, It isn't really consistent on him being a rogue.

It is, however, possible for him to know how to cast it. But It somehow spoils his background.
Engineering is credible though.
That's kind of like saying if someone knows math they want to be a math teacher.

He knows the one spell but he always wanted to be a rogue.

I realize that it won't happen on this server, but warcraft lore in lets this kind of thing slide from time to time.

He died for your sins!
I didn't say he would -become-. I said he would be -prompt- to. Meaning, he would be more inclined into following magic.
And taking that example, someone who is good at Maths would most likely end up with a math demanding job.
Such as a Scientist for example.
And It is true that It tends to slide from time to time, but overall It follows the same pattern. And that's you're only allowed to have what your body can do.

Strength provides Physical Capabilities. Cunning provides Stealth and logic. Knowledge provides Magic.
Overall, that's how things are. Or not. That's how I've always heard and thought though.