The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Dabeer`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm male, 33, married with 2 children. I'm a software engineer by trade, gamer by hobby, and helicopter/advanced vehicle aficionado by all other measures. I play FPS, RPG, and TBS games to escape from reality, if only for a short while. My wife does not know, and must never find out, that I am still playing World of Warcraft (see below for details).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
USA, American English. Oops, sorry, one line answer...

How did you get into Warcraft?:
About 5 years ago, a few of my coworkers would slack off by telling each other of their exploits in World of Warcraft. They would routinely tell me I should start playing, so that I would understand the stories they were telling. I resisted as long as I could, knowing that my wife would not be happy with a subscription-based game, and knowing that it would take over my life. Eventually I gave in, and soon found that I was correct - it took over my life, and my wife was severely pissed off.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I have always been interested in playing World of Warcraft and actually role-playing my character. My attempts to do so on retail RP servers fell quite flat, as no one else seemed interested in doing the same. I have been scouring the internet looking for a private server that will offer me this experience. This server seems to be closer to what I am looking for than others I have found - i.e. leveling is still required (at least for your first character).

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I have never actually participated in role-play, so I cannot actually answer this question. I have in mind a backstory for a character, and I am interested in playing this character, taking whatever roleplay opportunities present themselves. If that means sitting in a tavern drinking and telling yarns, or walking into an enemy town just to pick a fight, or whatever, then so be it.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My main on non-RP retail servers was an undead Shadow priest. This is the race/class that I am most familiar with, and most comfortable with. Other combinations I have played for significant amounts of time include Night Elf rogue and Orc shaman. I am interested in learning how to play warrior, paladin, and hunter to higher levels, probably as a Draenei. Although the shadow priest gameplay appeals to me quite strongly, and the Undead racials fit well with the shadow priest, the female Draenei are quite attractive, and my current character plans fit well with both the Draenei situation in the Warcraft universe, and with the paladin, and to a lesser extent, warrior, class descriptions.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to bring my character to life in the Warcraft world, from level 1 to level 80. I expect my character to participate in a thriving economy, making their way through the world with other players' characters that are doing the same. I hope to find limited custom items, limited instant-80 characters, and limited custom NPCs and other "helper" features common to private funservers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Tolerance, maturity, and respect are all vastly important concepts, but of these, tolerance stands out as being the most critical. I am intolerant only of those who are intolerant.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It was late in the summer in Tirisfal Glades. The afternoon sun shone gently through the pines, casting mottled shadows over late-blooming peacebloom and mageroyal. One of these shadows moved more swiftly than the rest - a young orc shaman in ghost wolf form raced towards Shadowfang Keep, eager to prove his worth and continue his rise among the ranks of the Horde.

Meeting his group at the gates of Shadowfang Keep, the young shaman returned to his normal form, casting lightning shield in preparation for battle. Knowing that he was responsible for keeping his party alive on this excursion, he requested conjured water from the undead mage who had volunteered to assist in the assault, and consulted with the warrior as to which totems would be the most useful.

As the group entered the courtyard of the Keep, the young shaman's player's wife had an asthma attack, and asked the player to get her an inhaler. The player hesitated, not wanting to allow his group to perish from lack of healing... and it is from this event that the player's wife now feels significant animosity towards World of Warcraft, and can never be allowed to discover that the player is still playing.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Whatever race/class combination I choose, I always play female characters. This is not so much for the roleplaying aspect - although roleplaying a female is not a problem for me, neither is it something that especially interests me or that I desire for other reasons (if you know what I mean) - but rather for the fact that the male models seem to unrealistic for my engineer's mind to accept. The shoulders, specifically the connection between arm/shoulder and body, do not seem sufficient for the forces involved in swinging the large weapons and bearing the shields routinely equipped in game. The female models, on the other hand, are not only more pleasant to look at for prolonged periods of time, are more realistic (insomuch as they can be realistic in a fantasy setting). Finally, the female models take up much less screen real estate, and are thus easier to click around, making combat and other world interaction much less frustrating.
Welcome!

We are a bit different from most funservers in that we don't deviate -too- much from retail's rates. Also, while it is possible to get a level-up to 80, it's only until after you're a Grunt (and the character is approved).

Hopefully this won't be as much of an addiction as much as retail may have been! Oh, leveling isn't actually required. You could stay low-level, if you wish, until you get a character approved, and have it get leveled to 80 that way. (Indirectly leveled via RP? Who woulda thunk it?)