The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

WickedWit`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I'm 28, married and the mom of 4 furry children. In addition to warcraft as a hobby, I enjoy knitting, beading, reading and of course writing and roleplaying. I am currently running my own business which takes up a good deal of time, but I absolutely love what I do. I consider myself very friendly and personable

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the US, and my main language is english. Or, whatever type of english they speak in southern New York (want some cawfee? =) )

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A few months after the original game was released, I had a friend from out of state visiting and she played. She convinced me to pick up a copy of the game so we could play together, and I got hooked. After playing up until around the end of BC, I took a 3 month hiatus, and discovered roleplaying servers when I returned to the game, and I have wanted to play on any other kind since.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
A friend of mine who is new to your server sung its praises and I thought it would be a great opportunity to get involved.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds of roleplay, but I think fighting is my weakest type as far as writing goes, so I tend to avoid it unless I know the person well.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Forsaken priest. I have a bit of a love affair with the Forsaken backstory and race as a whole, and I've come to be very attached to them because of the variety in which their personalities and purposes can be shaped.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect a place to roleplay casually, to be part of a close community and most of all to have fun without the pressure of raiding or major time consumption.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I think to me what stands out most is the rule of maturity. I've had too many bad experiences with immature roleplayers, not to mention griefers who ruin the immersive experience, not to mention other roleplayers who have a complex. It is nice to see that there are rules in place that ask everyone to be level-headed and mature.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The room was dark, black as a night with no moonlight. Aeldrick had snuffed the lone lamp that had provided what little light there was to the room, which had not a single window. Malagenia tried to sleep, laying down on the soft sheets to the bed the two were sharing out of necessity. The night robe he'd given her to wear swam on her small, thin frame and she held it tightly to herself. The night had been harrowing, that was certain. She could nearly feel a phantom throbbing in her neck where the large Tauren bull's large arm had smacked her, sending her face first into the sand. A sudden blackness as something was slammed onto her head, suddenly he was atop her back, and paralyzing fear crept up her spine as she realized she was unable to fight back. But she'd tried, at least; pulling and thrashing against the roots that held her in place.

It was sheer luck, she thought, that this man was working for Aeldrick and not against him, for it was the only thing that had saved her from whatever further violent intentions the intimidating figure had planned for her. Mala feared the situation would worsen when she spoke of her purpose, weakening her resolve and giving in to his interrogation. She felt weak; he'd immobilized, exposed, and violated her; the roots held her down and snaked around her and even down into her throat. She'd given in to the fear and barely tried to fight back. Her training on meeting fear was lost in the face of it. He was a shadow that had stripped away her dignity, if temporarily, in figurative and literal terms. But, at least the information he'd wanted was innocuous - the reasoning behind her giving it up so easily- as it could have been much worse for her. Much, much worse. As she tried to sleep, she swore she could almost feel the roots still gripping at her.

Thankfully, now she was safe, away from the Tauren and with Aeldrick, who had comforted her through the awful mess. He'd finally managed to untangle all the roots that had held her before she'd attempted to get some rest. It came some nights, but not tonight. It was a little odd, being so close to Aeldrick this way, since she'd felt they'd been growing apart in his absence. But now it seemed as if he'd resolved to be absent far less, and almost as though he were making up for lost time . He'd asked her to stay, but it wasn't really a choice. Mala felt as if he'd planned this all along - to keep her here in Tanaris, but for what purpose she couldn't say. Maybe just to spend time being close to her? He certainly seemed to be enjoying her company, watching over her as she lay still and tried to force sleep.

He seemed different somehow. Aeldrick's research had always seemed paramount to him, often at the expense of his family. But now, he was tender, attentive and far less distant than he'd been in the last few times she'd seen him. Mala had been worried that he'd disappeared again, hoping that his promise to be available more often wasn't going to end up empty. But, his work was important. She knew Aeldrick had been working on something akin to a cure, but the details he wasn't letting onto just yet. She forced herself think about his work, and what she would do being stuck in Tanaris for at least several days. Maybe she'd try to make herself useful, do something, to take her mind off the experience and how weak it had made her feel. Anything to help improve the quality of Forsaken life was worth fighting for, though Mala wondered what Aeldrick had meant when he explained the work was a heresy. Perhaps she'd question him about it later.

But for now, things felt right. It was romantic, in a sense the way he watched her pretend to sleep, as if he wanted to protect her from any nightmares she might have experienced. Mala felt stronger in his presence, even. She and Aeldrick had been close for years before the Scourge came, as friends. But something was different now, in the way he'd reached out to her. His touch was warm and gentle like a lovers; it comforted her, and perhaps even felt natural when she'd held his hand in return. Perhaps something more than friendship was budding between them. It seemed strange to think so, since their relationship was been close enough for them to refer to the other as a sibling. Perhaps she was imagining it. It was better to concentrate on that idea than the images that flashed into her mind of Talon, and every so often as she tried to let sleep wash over her, a shudder wracked her body.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I just hope it's ok that I may not have time to play every day, since my business does take up a good portion of my time, not to mention my housewifely duties. But, I do want to play as much as I'm able.

And, lastly, thanks for creating a private server based on community and roleplaying. =)
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, WickedWit!

Remember to read our rules and policies if you haven't done so already - or if you ever feel like you've forgotten any of them! We also have a lot of various guides right here that you might find helpful if issues of that kind ever arise. :3 And if you've got any questions or need help with anything, feel free to ask around! Finally, do not forget to /join chat for OOC chatter and communication when you log on!

Have fun! :>
~Dilnikas