The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

ElectricDeity`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I started out roleplaying on mIRC when I was 12. It wasn't very good roleplay, but it's where I started learning terms like 'god-moding'. Later, I moved onto Dark Ages and eventually became a high priestess of one of the temples. When that game started falling apart, I moved on to Ragnarok Online. I discovered World of Warcraft shortly after it came out, and I roleplayed there for a few years in my spare time. I always really cared more about roleplay than levelling, though, so I only ever had one character reach lvl 70. When the cap was raised to 80, I lost interest in the game and moved on to Second Life, where I have been roleplaying at Midian City for several months now. Midian City is a very strict roleplaying environment in which roleplayers do not use meters to determine damage - they are expected to do text combat and know enough about fair play to make the fight turn out how it should. Outside of my resume, I live in Georgia, and I'm currently unemployed and, therefore, needing things to do in my spare time that don't require a lot of money. I still roleplay at least 3 hours a day on Second Life, but lately I spent most of my time doing housework or going for walks in the woods near my house. Seeing as it's getting way too hot and mosquitoey to do the latter, and there's only so much house cleaning you can do before the house starts to fall apart as a result, I now need more leisure activities.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am originally from the states; Georgia to be precise. I have lived here my entire life, and I speak American English primarily. I don't really speak enough of any other languages to be worth mentioning.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I had a lot of friends who played, including my cousins. Even though all played on pvp servers, I was much more attracted to the rp servers. I joined because I heard the game was easy to pick up, unlike most mmorpg's that I had tried only to find them too complicated. I also really liked WoW's lore and how easy and accessible it was to learn. Whereas most mmorpg web sites seemed to want me to read a text book, I was able to read the lore on the main wow site in a few hours.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
A friend of mine, who regularly plays on this server, told me about it. I liked the idea of a free world of warcraft server that was also a well-policed roleplay server. I also like that, even though the rates for experience and drops are increased, they aren't increased by a ridiculous amount. The increased experience helps in that I can roleplay more and not worry about needing to dedicate hours just to maintain a decent level.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like a good mix! All things in moderation is sort of my rp motto... Too much of any of the same kind of roleplay can get boring really quickly. I tend to avoid roleplaying in pairs or small groups, or even with the same people on a daily basis, as this can make storylines stagnate, or make your storylines way too dependent on players who may not be around to see them through.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is a big division between Taurens and Trolls. The troll accent, and the way their bodies built make for so much personality available to inject into a character. The Tauren, however, have such a lovely history. I really love that they were once allied to the Night Elves, but were so honor bound that they left this alliance in order to aid the orcs after the orcs saved them from the marauding centaur tribes. The Tauren attitude and way of life is also very appealing to me. I feel like there's a lot of room there for immense character depth and soon-to-be shattered idealism.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I think it'll be a good place where I can set up a non-necessary side character - in other words, an rp character whose job it is to fill small roles in big storylines, or to have casual storylines that can be ended in a matter of hours or two or three days maximum. I don't yet want to dedicate the time to have a serious character with major story arcs, as I'm already doing that in Midian. I expect to be able to engage in a lot of well-executed and, most importantly, fun roleplay. I also expect to be able to level up on the side when I just need to zone out for a little while! I'm also excited about the prospect of being a roleplaying server that is actually well policed.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect and Tolerance are the two biggest things for me... I'm long since tired of the idea that randomly throwing out racist or sexist terms equates to hilarity or camaraderie. I'm also, frankly, absolutely sick of people somehow thinking it's not at all harmful to the homosexual community to use the term 'gay' as a negative. I don't start fights over things like this, but it is kind of a turn-off when I go into a private server, and the vast majority of the main chats involve conversations that are almost entirely: 'lolol that's gay' 'lol fag' 'lol n*****' 'lol queer' 'lol ch***', etc, etc. It gets old, it gets tiring, and jokes like this are the way the majority tries to identify with the minority without having to apologize for being ignorant or learn anything about minority cultures.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
((I'm not sure if this is all right, but since I need another week or two to really work on my character for this rp server, I'd like to instead provide an example of story-telling from my main character in Midian's storyline.))
Angel's body hurt. This was the first thing of which he became aware. The next was that, wherever he was, it did not smell anything at all like his home. The dog-hybrid opened his eyes slowly and stared up at a foreign, white ceiling. It may have been made of white tile, but he wasn't sure - his eyes didn't seem to be working well. The pup couldn't convince them to focus properly. After a moment, he closed his eyes again, only to feel an immediate proding on his arm. He looked up to see a strange figure standing over him, too blurry to make out friend or foe. "Don't speak," the figure said, in a calm, female voice. "Just blink twice if you can hear me." The husky stared blankly at her a moment, her words not processing. She leaned closer and began to shine a light in his eyes. He grimaced and reached up to push her away. "Stop...," he croaked, amazed at how difficult it was to get the sound out. The doctor lowered the light and stared at Angel, a deep frown on her features as the husky rubbed roughly at his blurry eyes. She gave a slow sigh and then stepped back, pursing her lips together in hesitation...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Please accept my application? :D
Welcome to the server!
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."