The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

emote states
How about giving players the command to modify their own emote states. For those of you not familiar with what these are they include many actions that you see while playing wow, for example if you press the autoattack button on a mob and are too far away, that ready look is an emotestate. Weapon slashes and animations used for special attacks also fall under emotestates. the states range from 1-50 I believe and are not only for attack and defend animations but for stances such as a non moving defiant type stance, emotestate 45 if I remember correctly.

That's a GM command, and personally I'm not too fond of the idea of giving everyone a GM command. Because not only could you do that to yourself... but also to NPCs and other players too.

So, I doubt Kretol would implement this.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I may have my gm commands wrong here but i believe setting emotestates for npcs involves the command .npc <insert stuff here> while emotestates for yourself are .mod emotestate <number>. Although this needs to be clarified because i am not familiar with arcemu commands

Nope. All you have to do is target them.

And even to work on a player it has to start with ".npc npcemotestate"

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I could be mistaken but I do believe it is possible to edit the database to add new emotes. I don't know if it'd actually work client-side (though, logically, I think it should) nor do I know if you can add animations to those custom emotes.
However, I would assume so as most of the other (including animated) emotes are in that particular file (or whatever you call it.

Mind you, I am speaking about a Mangos server I had ages ago though I think the databases should have most if not all of the same aspects.
They have something like this implemented on MillenniumWoW (although everyone has GM commands there.) I must say, that feature was the only thing on that server which seemed like a really good idea.
I've suggested Kretol a similar idea, but without the need to use GM commands, as players would abuse, thus causing server to crash countless times. What I suggested consists on the use of items that use spells with animations. Such as [spell]42908[/spell], which simulates a kick without needing to have a spell.
I think that It'd be much more practical, because the only thing the GMs would have to do is add these items to the database. That's how I see it.
[Image: 124dk.jpg]
Rikhard Wrote:I've suggested Kretol a similar idea, but without the need to use GM commands, as players would abuse, thus causing server to crash countless times. What I suggested consists on the use of items that use spells with animations. Such as [spell]42908[/spell], which simulates a kick without needing to have a spell.
I think that It'd be much more practical, because the only thing the GMs would have to do is add these items to the database. That's how I see it.

Yes, these kind of spells are what we need. When you click a spell, a certain animation (like a punch, a kick, a weapon swing, a death etc.) happens. This would add some visual beauty in fighting scenes and make it more funny overally.
Guys, this is super-work intensive, and requiresus to do half arsed hacks to make spells for the purpose of just... making you do emotes, something you can -already- do in game.

I don't forsee this happening, unless there is an easier solution.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△