The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

ithielle`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hum...I'm a 21 year old college student. I like arts, drawing, digital painting, photography. Writing is great despite the fact I don't feel as comfortable telling stories as I do with creating visual arts. I can't live without music, I love just having fun, I'm a pretty average person really and I don't like to have too much attention towards myself haha, moving on! I love history and languages, I dunno?

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Québec, Canada. English is my second language and sometimes it really frustrates me when I can't get the exact ideas or concepts to go across as I would like them to, but over the years I think I've gotten a pretty good fluency. So yeah, French's my first language, and I'm working on Spanish as my third.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Used to play RO, that got boring, so I got into WoW in 2007, I remember joining about 1 week after BC had came out. I love the game, didn't get into it's lore and RP until a year later, but it's what got me back into RP after a years-long break.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Officials are down...But I admit I had googled for this server before as well. Official RP servers just have a low ratio of RPers to players, even Moonguard and it's depressing. I'm really curious of what a close-knit community would offer, and cross-realm communication sounds amazing.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love deep and interesting characterization. Quirks, a well balanced mix of humor, drama, relaxed RP and action. I'm not picky. I would love to involve myself with a group of players. So far, safe for a few occasions, I have only RPed with my best friend and it would be really great to get over my shyness and to meet new people and to get to really get involved in a storyline with many people and all that before the RP community is dead. I keep telling myself that ''I'll do it later'' and I'm so tempted to, but I don't know where to start. This place seems nice...

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
NE HUNTARD RAISED BY TROLLZZ

Gameplay wise, priests. I've been playing mine since 07 even tough my first main was a hunter and it's just a really amazing class...Well, for healing. Can't say I enjoy shadow that much.
I'm quite the troll fangirl like a lot of people, also love me some blood elves, haters gonna hate! They can be amazing when done right. Goblins are great, most races in this game are really.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm not sure, I would love to see a lot of RP opportunities, many very interesting players/people and characters.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Hmmm, the maturity and humility ones I guess. I don't particulary like or dislike rules, I can swing both ways and I'm sure you guys know what works best. Looking at the whole thing I can see that RP is taken seriously unlike the official servers and I'm getting kind of excited.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Yeah it's short and a bit old, I lost the link to me and my friend's personal forum and she isn't online so I'll do with what I have on my hdd.

''Perched on one of the most solid-looking branches of a tall palm tree, the huntress took a quick look at the other troll below and at her faithful raptor who waited, calmy but attentive. Yaya was practicing her own art, consulting the elements, her eyes closed as she shut herself away from the physical plane. Miozan respected the shamans as wise and knowledgeable, but since the beginning, it had just seemed so... abstract to her. The earth, she could feel it as she trapped the brown, moist soil of the jungle between her rugged fingers. She could track whatever beast or enemy had left a path in the dirt, even for days after nearly anything had been wiped by the wind or the rain. But the earth as a physical manifestation of the elements below was something she had no trouble leaving in the trusted hands of her two shaman friends. She brought her attention back to the wind, scolding herself inwardly for letting her thoughts distract her for a moment, she lifted her nose in the air, trying to pick up the floating stench of their night elven preys, a noise, the distant cracking of a branch, something.''

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well, hopefully I'll make it. I also love drawing very much so if I do get accepted and stuff it could be cool to pchat and/or exchange art with fellow artists.
I think that's it! Thank you for reading.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Ithielle! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Hey! I just approved another Moon Guard introduction. You guys are slowly going to take over our server!

Ithielle Wrote:NE HUNTARD RAISED BY TROLLZZ
Oh my.

A fellow priestaphiliac? I think you and I will get along just fine! I have three priests on the Feathermoon US roleplaying server, all of which are 80. While one of them is a Shadow priest, I've found that I really don't like the DPS aspect of the class. It feels very clunky and it's very focused on rotation, which is made more difficult by the length of the rotation -- which can be dependent on your Haste! I am, however, extremely fond of healing and have two fairly well-geared Discipline priests with which I enjoy raiding. There's something about healing as a Discipline priest that makes it so appealing; we're the underdogs when it comes to pure healing throughput (the lack of smart heals definitely accounts for that), but we're so versatile and our damage mitigation often exceeds what the other classes heal!

Being an artist, you'll probably want to check out the Art thread! We have a number of extremely talented individuals on Conquest of the Horde and they may be interested in these art exchanges. Plus you can take the opportunity to toot your own horn by posting your own work!
Well thank you very much for the warm welcome!
I'm sad because...I just patched my game. Yeah I'm a quick one sometimes.
Does it take long for the patches to get fixed? It's my sort-of first time on a private server, minus one I've played on dial-up for a few days before playing official WoW.
I love discipline healing too, I used to be holy but now I swear by mai disciprine.
I've only checked the last page on the art thread and there's amazing stuff, I'm excited aaaah. I noticed the number of posts and threads on the forum a bit after posting my introduction and wow, this place seems for real. Is this the RP paradise I have been looking for? ;_;
omgomgomg, why did I patch my game haha. :oops:

Edit: Oh, I have another WoW folder on my other hard drive I think...! I'm going to be catching up on all the stuff there is to read and I'll be in the game soon, thank you! :D
Oh, that's really unfortunate!

Typically, it takes some time for the private servers to catch up with retail. I can't give you an exact amount of time (or even an accurate approximation), but it will be some time.

Fortunately, many of us play both retail and private servers at the same time, even though there's a disparity in patches. We typically have two folders with two separate copies of the game. You don't even need to make a new installation; you can physically copy the folder and run it then. You can also downpatch if you're playing a PC (I've heard rumors that this isn't possible but a Mac, but I cannot confirm this myself). Check out this post for more information.

D'aww, another Discipline fan. You and I are going to be really good pals!

Edit: And you are very welcome! Just let us know if you have any questions.