The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Undercity Gates
This post might seem harsh, considering all the nice things you GMs do for us, but, have any of you taken a ride through undercity? That place has more doors than sense! I counted, to get from the bowels of UC, to the surface, I have to pass through about 10-12 doors, not counting the elevator doors. Then if you take the wrong doors, you obviously have to go through more. So I guess what I am asking is... Could we possibly get *less* doors, or doors in actual important places? Or is this a discouragement from using Undercity?

So thank you for all the *other* good stuff you do, I like the gates in strategic places, like the ones installed in Silvermoon. And all the other little tweaks here and there, but I feel Undercity is a bit excessive.

Thanks! :D
Not to put you down, but I think the doors make sense.

I mean, undead probably don't like visitors all that much, so... Doors galore to keep people away?
I can understand the use and need of doors, but I dismount each time I try to open one, and it's quite bothersome when you want to open 10 of them.
Let's not forget the infinite patience of the walking damned. While the living gradually sift through the great layers of defense, being forced to open doors again and again...

...Some possibly even being locked...

...Their sanity grinding away with every frustratedly slammed opening of rotted wood...

But on a more serious note, I think Rigley's already addressed most of the grievance, what with the ones along the sewer canals having been deleted.

Having to dismount every four or five seconds was a rather entertaining experience. The doors are just in the Ruins area now, I believe, and the elevator shoves you off your stallion regardless.
I. LOVE. The. DOORS!!! YEAHHH! It's amusing for chase scenes tbh. Not that people do IC chase scenes thru UC, but OOC where randomness is allowed. Yeah, the doors are a fantastic way of catching, and trapping, opponents. KEEP THEM, KEEP THEM, KEEP THEM...We are the angry mob, we read the papers every day, we like who we like, we hate who we hate, but we're also easily swayed...
Considering there had also been doors spawned down in the actual Undercity at every arch, I think it's fine how it is now. Taking the time to open doors mostly upstairs is fine, I think.