The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Is CotH...
Is CotH in competition with any other RP private servers?
Because I have -alot- of experience with the hundreds upon hundreds of private servers out there, but I've never come across an RP one apart from CotH.

M xx
RP servers tend not to compete. Sure, we compare ourselves to others, but only because each server is in different taste.

CoTH is a very lore-heavy RP server.

Darklands (Now dead), was a very combat-heavy RP server.

Stuff like that. But never 'We need more players than these guys to prove we are better', or anything like that.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Yeah I wasn't expecting CotH to be 'competitive' so to speak (everyone is just too nice!). I was just wondering if there were any others.

M xx
Surprising as it may be, Kret actually maintains a wiki article that has links to other private servers. I'm not sure if any of them are roleplaying servers as well, but there's a list!

And hundreds upon hundreds? Woah.
Yeah, thats not exaggerating. I have a text document with the realmlists of all the servers I've ever been on (unfortunately I cleared it the other week so it doesn't have as many), some of which I stayed on for years, some for hours. And I can safely say CotH is the best. Definitely.

M xx
When Kretol had his house fumigated, I decided to go try out another RP server. It was the only one I could find. Even if I would be allowed to put it here, I wouldn't. It's not worth it. CotH is -the- place to go for a WoW RP experience. Not only if you don't want to play retail, because even if you did want to, I've been on retail's RP servers (Moonguard, /shudder), and it's obvious that CotH is the best. Strict? Yes, but it's rather nice to escape from the half-elf, half-human, half-orc sons of Illidan who are also vampires.

Simply, I don't think CotH -needs- to fight with other servers.
[Image: badge.jpg]
[Image: badge.jpg]
There have been other RP servers, though not all of them have lasted very long. I'm afraid I haven't really kept up with the "scene" and what other RP servers are out there currently.

We don't have any interest in being in competition with anyone though. I prefer to let people make their own judgments and decide where they want to go. Also, we don't have any rules against talking about other servers here. Only time we might get miffed is if it's obvious you're not here to do anything but solicit players for another server.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Different RP'ers have different tastes. There are actually a good seven or eight RP servers out there, most of which have different rules/regulations/concepts/etc. Some servers concentrate on having custom lore/builds, while others have less strict builds. It's all about the preferences--and most servers don't compete with each other, again, because simply nobody's interested in the other server's activities.

To put it in a way of not sounding stupid (Or sounding very stupid) A server is like a gun. There's different types of it. A .22 can't compete for ammo with a 12 gauge shotgun.

So yes, in a sense, CotH doesn't need to compete with other servers because it's unique--no other server has lasted so many years as this one, and its concepts are, again, unique.
So Ivan say to me "Who was talking device then?"

And then Sergei say "But Ivan is dead"

That is when I realize Sergei was bear.
Are you saying CotH is like a 12 gauge shotgun?

Because if so, I completely and totally agree.