The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Worgen Death Knights
Will they be playable on this server?
Pain is an illusion.
They exist?
Kaghuros Wrote:They exist?

Yep!

...but I haven't a clue how that works. o.o
SHOULD be a big nono. Basically, due to the Questline, they couldn't have been there, because the Questline takes place socalledly right before the Expansion.
And the Worgen were still in Gilneas, Thus I would say that allowing Worgen DKs should be a big nono

EDIT: Unless Blizz will come up with a -very- good reason. Which is unlikely.
[Image: 8.jpg]
Seeing as -everything- is getting a new starting zone, who is to say the Death Knights will not get their own new starting questline as well?

Chances are becoming a Death Knight will be a rather voluntary process. Why? Because there's no Lich King to fight anymore. And I'm sure that the Ebon Blade isn't just going to go 'WELP, I GUESS WE KILLED HIM, TIME TO DISBAND GANG!'. No. Chances are they're going to try their best to be...'international cops' of some sort. Hunting down the really big problems no one else can handle. And with the rise of Deathwing, that's exactly the problem they'll be trying to put an end to.

However, the Ebon Blade realizes that it is best for Azeroth to have a steady supply of Death Knights willing to serve it. So. It is not unlikely that, should someone gain the interest of the Ebon Blade through some heroic deeds in battle, that they would not be presented the opportunity to join their ranks upon their death (Or they could become a living Death Knight). Maybe the Ebon Blade has found a way to create more Death Knights by Cataclysm, or bestow the powers of a Death Knight upon an individual.

Who knows? But I think this would explain Worgen and Goblin DKs who could have not possibly existed before.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
First of all, I've always said that any race/class/spec combination that's possible in-game is possible RP-wise. I stand by that.

We'll see what Blizz does, if anything, with the lore. It may be a cosmic retcon, or a sort of retroactive addition. WoW's story has always been sort of...a matter of perspective. You are where ever it is you happen to be at. That doesn't translate well to RP, so if Blizz fails to give any real justification for this, we'll make our own.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Or they could have free will all the time, but before they're let out of Acherus, they have to clear the Scarlet Enclave of Undead, and then protect Light's Hope from an attack of the scourge
pretty much opposite of what you originally do as a DK
You could also say he was created before Cataclysm commenced, and wut ever he might be doing before Cataclysm began.
Thisisnotmysignature
The Ebon Blade went to Gilneas and raised all the corpses in their graveyard? I dunno... I'm not too phresh on this DK stuff.
Spoiler:
[Image: swife.jpg]
IS ANYONE UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?!
Grakor456 Wrote:First of all, I've always said that any race/class/spec combination that's possible in-game is possible RP-wise. I stand by that.

We'll see what Blizz does, if anything, with the lore. It may be a cosmic retcon, or a sort of retroactive addition. WoW's story has always been sort of...a matter of perspective. You are where ever it is you happen to be at. That doesn't translate well to RP, so if Blizz fails to give any real justification for this, we'll make our own.

I've always like to have followed suit with what Grakor has said on this, due to the fact that limiting people from what they can do on retail shouldn't be our focus here. I mean, who are we to say "OH YOU CAN'T DO THAT" when the people who made the darn game will let you? At that point, I think we start to miss the meaning of RP, which is to play a role in a world that's already been outlined for us.

We didn't write the darn thing, so we can't say "It's not possible". As Grakor said, we'll just have to wait and see what Blizzard says will be possible.. which could very well be "Huur it just works, kay?".
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I don't mean to derail so...

Yada yada, yeah Worgen DK's! Woot!. They should be playable, not sure how. But if they're there, they're there. Goblin DK's though seems more probable since Goblins I'd imagine are well traveled. Still funny, and I still guarentee you'll see a couple. And I bet they just like worgen Dk's will be awesome.

My question is, does anyone know anything about worgen, I mean has the game mechanics been released. I saw the spells they have should be a transformation. Buut. does anybody know if ALL worgen will get a human form. And will said form be customizable? And are some Worgen just stuck being worgen? Curious if they'll play just like a human who can transform permanently into a werewo.... Worgen :-\
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
Unless they change the way things work, your human form is not customizable and you're stuck with whatever human traits go with your worgen ones.
[Image: opa1.jpg]
R.I.P Josef "Sepp" Dietrich, mein gut Opa.
ThePharaoh Wrote:I don't mean to derail so...

Yada yada, yeah Worgen DK's! Woot!. They should be playable, not sure how. But if they're there, they're there. Goblin DK's though seems more probable since Goblins I'd imagine are well traveled. Still funny, and I still guarentee you'll see a couple. And I bet they just like worgen Dk's will be awesome.

My question is, does anyone know anything about worgen, I mean has the game mechanics been released. I saw the spells they have should be a transformation. Buut. does anybody know if ALL worgen will get a human form. And will said form be customizable? And are some Worgen just stuck being worgen? Curious if they'll play just like a human who can transform permanently into a werewo.... Worgen :-\
All playable Worgen can transform at will. Any whom cannot would most likely be considered 'feral', and may be hunted down by Gilneans.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Worgen, as Blizz releases them, are Cursed Humans. They ALL get Human form, but honestly, the transformation is not WILLING as Blizz does it, But they transform every night to worgen, and every dawn back to Human. So I'd really be careful about walking with those around. Just like Death Knights, the fact they are "legally" accepted, would make them popular and so beloved by the normal, stupid civilians of Stormwind. Druids will be accepting to them, due to the fact they approached them first. But the rest of the Kaldorei are likely to see them as no more than Ugly, Cursed, Feeble-Minded Humans. Just like the rest.
Other races may Remember what Gilneas used to be. And that can cause trouble. Also remember that it is not too likely for the citizens of Gilneas to -know- what happened to the world since they sealed the gates. So do remember to play them properly. As for the Worgen Death Knights, I like the idea or Willing Recruiting. Mograine may logically want to increase his power, because Sylvannas is beginning to raise dead, herself. And as the transformation to becoming a Death Knight does not necessarily include Death, More should be willing, once the matter is explained. Then again, as mentioned above, there is the hatred of the Common races of Azeroth towards the Death Knights, because they -are- perceived as Undead. And the Alliance doesn't like Undead. Kaldorei will most definitely [the old and narrow-minded] will dislike it. And so will the Tauren.
As for Goblins, yes it is likely for a couple of Goblin DKs, due to their nomadic nature, though remember that the new addition to the horde is a specific clan of Goblins. One not to be too known, if at all, before. Also, with the replacement of Thrall, and having Garrosh being more strict, there may be restrictions by Law. But then again, you can always be a renegade. I DO like the idea of increasing the Ebon Blade's power as a Nation, rather than a selected Task Force. New Avalon can be purged, cleaned entirely of scarlets [Come on, No one really likes them.] and it can be reconstructed to become a city for the new, living, Generation IV, Death Knights of the Ebon Blade.
[Image: 8.jpg]
Quote:Unless they change the way things work, your human form is not customizable and you're stuck with whatever human traits go with your worgen ones.

Huge mistake blizzard.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worgen Female Model Swap c0rzilla 17 19,110 11-17-2013, 07:04 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Worgen Death Knights, and True Form Harmonic 21 5,539 08-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Worgen Form in Public c0rzilla 38 5,003 05-03-2013, 03:18 AM
Last Post: Aadora
  Alliance Worgen vs. Feral Worgen Aadora 9 2,345 05-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Avitz
  Becoming Worgen? Micheru 27 4,575 04-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Anski