The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Server Rules and Policies
Over the past few months I have received screenshots and screenshots of players breaking rules and policies. So, since it appears no one is reading the rules. I'll give you the DL about the ones that have been broken most often lately, and how we'd appreciate the community to actually follow them.

Respect

Respect, the most basic of rules of interactions in societies across the world, and one of the things that the internet seems to lack. We, as a community, should find the ability to respect one another, not just as players on a roleplaying server, but as people. It amazes me how cruel people are to one another, and how openly accepted it is. I watch people talk down to other people, making fun of them for not knowing how to 'roleplay perfect' or whatever else. It is sad. No, it is rude and it is sad.

We all are taught as children to respect each other. No, I am not saying you have to be pooping sunshine dust with every person under the moon, but giving them respect as a human being is key to making this server be cohesive and run smoothly, something that it hasn't been lately.

All we ask is that you be kind. Not a hard thing to ask, am I right?

Language

Oh jeeze, let me first start out. I curse like a sailor. I use profanity in almost every sentence I say. People on vent can vouch for that. But while I am in the OOC channels on the server, I respect the rules enough and do not curse.

Sure, certain words are okay. Damn and hell, just as an example. But the bigger, more profane words should be kept to the adult channel or to whispers. No, I am not saying you cannot use it in IC situations, IC profanity is okay. But in the public chat channels, it isn't allowed. We have children, yes, CHILDREN that play on this server. We don't need to use that language around them.

Maturity

I get it, it is the interwebs. I r so awzum, ur mom, i lk mdkpz. I get it, I do it. But derailing topics and conversations because you think it is 'teh lulz' is not appropriate. I see serious topics derailed to do people's immaturity all the time.

Griefing is included in this as well. If you are a griefer and find it funny to harass players, than you should go back to retail. CotH was created to be a sanctuary for RPers to get away from the hell known as Blizzard RP servers.

Keyboard Skills

This one is irritating to me. People, you need to spell things out and use capitalization. That is all I have to say.

Knowing When to Quit

So many arguments have been happening on the server and on the forums, ones that should not happen. A GM says you can't do something? Move on. A player asks you to stop being a twit? Stop and go on. I mean, you don't always have to be right, and you don't always have to try and end everything. Believe me, I have banned people for continuing to argue with people because they cannot drop topics.

Naming Policies

We have clearly state what is appropriate as a name and what isn't. You feel that it is okay to argue with the staff about it? Think again. You agreed that you read this information when you joined, so you knew what was allowed and what wasn't.

And last, but surely not least...

Chat Policies

Oh jeeze. This is a big one. The chat channels seem to go to hell when the staff is not on their GM accounts, or known GM characters. Profanity and inappropriate discussions/topics seem to be the big thing. So here is a run down.

+Sexual topics are only allowed in the adult channel, but this does not mean we allow people to talk or imply anything about rape, molesting or any other 'very inappropriate' things to be said. Also, implying things is also not a go in the other channels. Just because you aren't saying the word, doesn't mean that we are stupid and have no idea what it means.

+Chat and LFG do not need to see the light of l33t sp3@k or CAPSLOCK. LFG is strictly for finding RP and quick fixes to spelling/punctuation/grammar. Chat is meant for things associating with the RP, questions, hellos/goodbyes/howyoudoing, sort of things. Yes, if the topic goes on for too long, you will be bumped to Barrenschat. Also, not everyone who is in chat is in barrenschat because of the spam that goes on. So if your argument is for them to leave chat, guess again.

+Barrenschat is for your lolzcats, l33t sp3@k and Chuck Norris. Get over it if you say something inappropriate and are asked to stop.

+If someone asks you to stop your discussion because it offends them, then please do. Be respectful.

So, yeah. This has been on my mind for quite some time and I finally decided to post it. Take of it what you will, but I shouldn't even have to do this. Read the rules, follow them. Honestly, we aren't asking for you guys to jump through hoops or jump on a pogo stick. Just...don't be a toolbag. :/

<333

Cressy
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
I actually Approve this message. :|
Wow. Sometimes I forget the past.
I did too until I had a flashback of Blizz Rp servers
I approve, but I'd love to point out I only ever had two such encounters; a griefer who spammed me because I agreed non-grunts can not level to 60 and get über stuff, and that obnoxious kid whose name I forgot who's always asking stupid questions (aka inappropriate) in chat and doesn't comply when told to move to other channels (when 100 other newcomers would simply abide and nod and learn). So somehow I don't quite believe that the situation is turning retail..I think we are FAR away from this ^^
I don't think I said it is turning into retail, but there is a lot of rule breaking that is happening.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Heh, when I look at the date I feel like I am the one who broke the camels back with the shoutbox tidbit.

Coth will never turn into retail. We have rules but we also cater quality. Well... not we... but mainly you all. Excluding myself for being a dumb WSG nub. Anyhow, this reminder is very good as it does not really input anything new but rather tells us what we were supposed to know when we joined in the first place... Wait... did I just rat myself out? Oh crud.

Anyhow, I am supreme lord of the universe(Read; Judgernaut) and I approve of this message.
Like it makes a difference :)

We all need to get along and these rules help us in achieving that. I can honestly say that would it not be for these rules, CotH would have died eons ago.
Not that it has been running that long or that I even know what eon means.
> Important! < Open TRP2 -> Settings -> Directory -> Scroll down and see the 'Trust for created states' thing! -> Set it to minimum!! Custom states and eguipment made by TRP2 will now show to others!

(01-13-2011, 07:40 AM)Zarquon Wrote: And Drarry's a nice guy, really!

In every life we have some trouble,
But when you worry you make it double,
Dont worry,
Be happy!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gentle Reminder: Skype & Chat Policies Loxmardin 0 1,684 07-11-2014, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  The Chat Policies/Rules Loxmardin 15 3,641 03-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Mike
  Forum Rules Grakor456 0 911 12-24-2009, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Grakor456