The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Heretic Circus
[Image: TheHereticCircusBanner.png]

Purpose

The Heretic Circus has two goals, to draw all people to the truth that is the power of shadow and to work on the elimination of the Church of Light as well as Light faithfuls. To do this, power is one of their main pursuits, seeking any force that proves able to deal with their foes.

Shadow is the power through greatest so the Circus puts a lot of focus into developing methods of increasing shadow power as well as searching for greater sources of shadow. Often times they may use this power to inspire fear among the masses, other times they may simply want to show people the power of shadow to convince them that it was the worthier pursuit.

Ranking - The Three Ring System

The Circus consists of 'Three Rings' or three sections where a player can be placed. Each Ring contains ranks with specific duties. The Rings also each have an overarching duty.

(Note: For now, each ring only contains a single rank. As time moves on, specialized units can be added to the rings.)

Ring Master - Leader of the circus, major performer, and user of dark ways. The Ring Master controls the circus in its entirety.

Shadow Guard - The upper echelon of researchers who also deal with tasks involving the circus as a whole. Individual members of the Guard all have duties that deal with the overall management and Circus leadership.

Corrupter's Ring - study and examination of the power

Researcher - One who's only duty is the study of magic and. All magic and any power is acceptable, the most common being those branching from the shadow (darkness, death, fel, etc.).

Chaotic's Ring - battle against forces that threaten the circus

Dark Soul - Dark and evil individuals often corrupt or twisted. They are killers, mad men, and the like who have no qualms over doing dirty work for power. They simply obey orders and attack what needs attacking.

Performer's Ring - spreaders and gatherers of information

Circus Freak - The circus freak is a showman. Whether a person who actually performs tricks for crowds or simply acts to lead a different life every day. Regardless of the act they put on they truly work as informants and spies. Getting information to the Circus is their only real duty.

Plan

Each Ring of the Circus is working to achieve the greater goal of the organization as a whole in different ways.

Corruptors: The main project is finding what they call a 'corrupting element.' Much research has been done involving fel and saronite. Side projects include a study of mana forges in hopes to use their technology for future gain. Work on a powerful plague to be used as a weapon against foes.

Chaotics: The Church of Light has it's stronghold in Elwynn as well as all it's human faithful. The Church is the main enemy of the Circus and by attacking it's lowest members we can slowly attract action from the top. Members of the Ring are currently trying to work for a firm presence at Raven Hill and continue assaults and fear tactics against the people of Elwynn.

Performers: With enemies amassing against the Circus the performers are trying to gain presence in major cities. This way they can keep information flowing to the main group.

Recruitment

Depending on the rank you wish to obtain there are different ways of joining the guild.

Performer: If you wish to become a Performer you have to express interest to one of the performers OOCly and ICly meet with them. After continued Rp its their own choice whether they reveal to you the truth of their job and offer your character entrance to the Circus.

Researcher: To join under this rank you must first work under one of the guild's current researchers. You will help them with their tasks as an apprentice and you are not allowed any other projects than the ones given to you.

Dark Soul: To be considered for this position you must first deal with a series of battles to prove your worth. To join as one of the Circus' fighters you must be tested on the front lines. You will be sent with those who have already achieved the title to deal with various tasks. When those above you feel you're ready you may join.

By completing these requirements you gain the 'Heretic' rank and are accepted into the guild. To advance to your desired rank one needs approval from the Shadow Guard as well these additional requirements:

Performer: You must be granted the title from the performer who allowed you entrance into the guild.

Researcher: You must contribute a useful piece of knowledge from a successful project.

Dark Soul: You succeed in a test of your ability against a powerful foe, chosen on a case by case basis.

Warning! Many of the things we do will put your character at risk of death. Circus performers have a little less to worry about but members of the upper Rings will have to deal with being attacked, captured, threatened, etc.

Plot Lines

A list of current and old plot-lines.

Paths of Heresy: Status, Completed
Something Wicked This Way Comes: Status, Completed
[Image: c9eda896-b205-41b9-9f52-22b1e122210f.jpg]
A few things to note:

1.) I will be updating the guild yet again. This will be due to some more changes IC (I doubt I will ever stop continually changing this thread). A lot of it has to with our current track ICly, lack of shows, and some OOC stuff.

2.) A few have asked about joining the guild. I'm afraid to note at the moment recruiting is closed. It may reopen after I've changed a few things and gotten everything working smoothly and back on track.

3.) If you find yourself not within the guild next you logged then it could be because of inactivity, slave status, or perhaps a lack of Rp time with the guild. Quite a few of the newer recruits joined, had the name, but didn't get very involved. If you removed but felt the reasoning iffy let me know via PM and I'll talk it over with you.
Guild thread has been updated (and is quite a bit shorter too). Recruitment is re-opened following the new recruitment section info. At the moment, best if you contact me if you're interested but I'll work on a list of people you can contact who hold the rank you want.
Many had asked for it and even a few old members had expressed interest in the reactivation of this guild. Today, myself and mpalooza decided to hold a Circus show event on the spur of the moment and it turns out many of the players in Elwynn came to watch and a few more joined in.

Lets see how this goes. I'm not going to attempt to remodel the guild or worry about structure, etc. None of that yet. For now, we will continue holding events to see if this idea still holds the interest it once did and still attracts players to the guild to fulfill roles.

In other words, the Circus seems to be trying to make a comeback! We'll see how things go and judge accordingly. If you have interest in seeing this comeback happen let me know! Likewise if you have reasons you feel this shouldn't happen or have wishes for how the Circus roleplay could be handled differently/modified please do tell me. I'm just looking for the right medium to hold events and rp again and if this is it, I want to do it right.
<3.

Just don't forget about the Saints of Shadow, nub.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
I'm very interested in getting involved with THC in some way.
I missed the opportunity last time, unfortunately. Can't wait to see where things roll.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ6cw_MuTDE[/youtube]
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
AT LAST.

Richt can join again, can't he? He's been aching for something evil to do.
[Image: tumblr_mjjxhcqmG51qh076xo1_250.png]
Ohey.
I heard you like angry bitches turned emotionless bitches.
Ganton shall be corrupted.

...I swear it.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Beltharean Wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ6cw_MuTDE[/youtube]

Love you Belth.

For all interested, I will send you a pm or speak to you in-game!
You may feel a slight sting.
Duraza Wrote:Love you Belth.

<3
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Wooot. This is back?

Count me in.
"Good roleplaying is not equivalent to saying that your character is not interested or molded for a certain situation.
Quite the contrary - good roleplaying is making up a reason for your character to do that thing, no matter the obstacles!"
I r has harlequin. You need me.
Chieftain Muyoh Wolftotem - Chieftain of the Wolftotem Tribe