The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

'New Server' FAQs
What are the most common questions you've seen so far on the new server? I'll be compiling a list of them and posting them in a prominent location (probably as a news post). Please feel free to post replies with Q: and A:!

For those that have completed the DK starter storyline, please feel free to post Tips & Tricks of certain areas that you recall were a bit bugged or hard to complete.
I might as well throw in mty tips and tricks. In the quest where you get on a boat and blast the crap out of the crusaders with a cannon, they don't run at you, so you can't electrifiy them as usual. And they respawn SLOWLY! You'll only be able to get to around 70 before everybody is out of reach and then you either wait or do as I do. Which was snuck over to the other boat and blasted them from there lol.

In the interrogation quest, at first, I couldn't turn it in. I abandoned the quest and did it again. Worked like a charm.

In the frostbrood quest, you're constantly chased by some kind of explosion that'll kill you in seconds. Just. . .Move at all times and you'll be fine. Kretol mentioned he'd done something about it, though. I'm not sure.

Finally, in the battle for Light's Hope Chapel, it doesn't always work. but every time we watched it we got further. Maybe it works now, I dunno. The battle lasts a lot longer before Tirion arrives than on retail.

I think that was all the trouble I found, but I also have a question. Will there be a mount vendor in the future?

EDIT: I forgot about the horse quest. I got a pop up about an add on interfering with my UI. I clicked yes, logged out and did it again. It worked. I also forgot to mention the fact that there are a lot more mobs than usual. And their aggro range is sick. Like. . . Really sick. Even citizens aggro on you. And if you aggro one of them, you're damn sure getting 5-6 more of them.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
AM180 Wrote:You can't learn mount training at any level now.
Are you certain? I just learned mount training on GM Isle and so did a guildmate.

On a related note, you may want to mention how mounts are obtained. I've noticed some questions regarding where to purchase mounts; it may be easier to just tack on a question/answer stating that you acquire them as you normally would on retail!

Edit:

Q: Where can we obtain mounts?
A: Mounts are acquired as they normally are on retail servers. You may wish to utilize a site like WoWHead to determine where and how specific mounts can be purchased.
Removed some posts in this thread that were veering off-topic. Again, if anyone would like to offer FAQs and appropriate answers, feel free to post them!
My question is a RP wise question.
Q!: About how long has it passed IC wise between the events of the server change. Some people have told me 3 months some have said that it is a year. This has confused me and RP wise this could effect alot. I see this as a good piece of intel that is needed. Thank you again Kretol for the wonderful server!
Q: How can we get to Warsong Gulch?
A: Warsong Gulch is no longer the server's OOC zone. We now utilize GM Island, which can be accessed from portals in every major city.

Q: Where is the OOC roleplaying portal?
A: The portal allowing you to select different roleplaying locations no longer exists. Instead, there are specific portals that can be found on GM Island. In order to access them, you must go to the second level of the building and then follow the ramparts to the back.

Q: Why is everyone naked?
A: This is due to the proliferation of custom items due to the new .addrpitem command. If you notice that someone is naked, you may request that he requip his items; this typically fixes it.

Q: What is the Equipment Manager? How can I use it?
A: The Equipment Manager is a feature released in Patch 3.1.2 that mimics many wardrobe addons. It allows you to save custom outfits and then easily access them. In order to use the Equipment Member, you must first enable its use. Enter Interface and select Features near the bottom of the list. Check the box next to Use Equipment Manager. This will allow you to utilize this feature.

Once this has been done, you may access the Equipment Manager at any time. To do so, view your character doll by pressing C or clicking your character's portrait on the micro menu. At the top-right is a button that looks like a sword and a helmet. When you select this, the Equipment Manager should appear. Equip the gear for the set that you would like to save, select Save, give the set a name and icon, and then hit OK.

You can now drag the newly created set's icon onto any bar and click it to equip your gear.

Q: How do I get item IDs for the new .addrpitem command?
A: There are a number of ways to determine the IDs of items. You can search for a piece of gear on a site like WoWHead or use the .lookup rpitem (shortened as .lo rp) command. For example, if I wanted a copy of the Heroes' Bonescythe Helmet, I can use the following command: .lo rp Heroes' Bonescythe Helmet, which returns with the ID 239561.

Q: I put in a ticket and it doesn't appear that any GMs are currently online. Will I lose my ticket when I log out?
A: No. Furthermore, the staff of Conquest of the Horde are now able to perform tasks associated with a number of tickets (such as leveling!) while you are offline, which means that you do not have to wait for a request for tickets or remain on that character in order to have that done.

Q: What is the password to BarrensChat?
A: BarrensChat no longer exists. Please /join Barrens instead!
Q: I just created a death knight. How do I leave the Acherus?
A: There is no portal immediately available to death knights upon their creation. You must complete the entire questline in order to eventually be given a portal that will take you to the capital city of your respective faction.

Due to the need to complete the entire questline, the pre-approved death knight level cap has been increased to 65. Death knight characters that level beyond 65 will find themselves locked by the staff.

As a random aside, I also updated the wiki to reflect the change.
I would like to ask, are the old tokens now totally obsolete? How can one get level-appropriate items for..well..gaining proper equipment.
Dulche et decorum est.Pro patria muori.

[Image: awawwaw.gif]

Only in death...
Q: How long should it take to cross the ocean in a boat ICly? A day? A week? Several months?
Q: How long should it take to cross the ocean in a boat ICly? A day? A week? Several months?

A: I have always RP'd a boat ride as taking several hours, but many are content to make boat rides instant in order to progress to other sites of RP faster. Generally, we leave it up to the players on how they want to express the passing of time as long as it stays within reason.
This was pretty helpful to me. Thumbs up to all those who have contributed.

My question is, where is a good place to find item ID numbers for the .add command? I've used WoWhead etc etc. but when looking at an item on the site, where the eff is the ID number!
[Image: tempyo.jpg]

"We Fight in War so that we may Live in Peace."
Vandialis Wrote:This was pretty helpful to me. Thumbs up to all those who have contributed.

My question is, where is a good place to find item ID numbers for the .add command? I've used WoWhead etc etc. but when looking at an item on the site, where the eff is the ID number!

Piroska Wrote:Q: How do I get item IDs for the new .addrpitem command?
A: There are a number of ways to determine the IDs of items. You can search for a piece of gear on a site like WoWHead or use the .lookup rpitem (shortened as .lo rp) command. For example, if I wanted a copy of the Heroes' Bonescythe Helmet, I can use the following command: .lo rp Heroes' Bonescythe Helmet, which returns with the ID 239561.
If you are using a site like WoWHead or Thottbot, it's the number in the URL of the link. The Heroes' Bonescythe Helmet is found at http://www.wowhead.com/item=39561; the ID is 39561.

The .lo rp command is the quickest and easiest way to find things, however -- particularly since it returns the names of all similar-sounding items and also allows you to preview them on your character. It also gives you the full number, with the 200,000 already added.
Thanks a lot. I had followed the "How to use" guide and just didn't know where on those sites to pull the ID number from.

Thanks again!
[Image: tempyo.jpg]

"We Fight in War so that we may Live in Peace."
Q: My character's leveling ticket was answered while I was offline and now all of my skills are capped at my previous level. What can I do?
A: This unfortunately happens sometimes. Submit another ticket requesting that the staff level you to 80 again. This fixes the problem!

Q: Can I have a second account? How do I get one?
A: Yes, players are allowed to have a second account! In order to obtain one, submit a ticket in-game. Please note, however, that most of the staff cannot create this account for you; the ticket will be escalated to Kretol who will create it when he is able. As a result, the ticket may remain open for some time!