The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Question about the Forsaken
Now that the Lich King is dead can Forsaken still become "mindless ones"?
Lool,
Mindless ones=Mindless zombies.
Never really controlled by the Lich King.

So wherever you turned mindless,
Is where you are going to..
'haunt' till some paladin or something comes and saves the day.

This is what I think it is, I actually have no idea :P :S
Asetrix
Kelane
Ketrix

Spoiler:
"Life goes on"
"If life gives you lemons, make Lemonade"
"Jealousy's a b***h"
"Desperation breeds Desire"

Just a handful of my favourite quotations
Yes, Forsaken can still degenerate into Mindless Ones.
Spoiler:
We're all doomed
Shadow Priest Sarvis Wrote:The northern part of the village has become overrun with the Mindless Ones, and they must be destroyed. Destroy them, show them no mercy, our former brothers and sisters as they might be. The Fallen are nothing but The Lich King's slaves.
From "The Mindless Ones", the first kill quest you recieve on a Forsaken character.
Gretchen Dedmar Wrote:It's so cold, now. The Plague of Undeath crawls through my veins like an icy serpent. The Mindless State will be upon me soon. But no doomed destiny will prevent me from serving our Dark Lady.
From "The Chill of Death", a gathering quest from Brill. Poor gal. :(

From what I've gathered from quest text and the like, the transition into mindlessness is caused by the Forsaken in question's brain (and probably spine, nerves, etc.) decaying to a certain point, and possibly the magic that sustains them starting to fade. It's just like going senile, although seeing as they're already undead, they don't lose much motor function as humans who've reached the age range for senility. Accordingly, they just keep wandering around - if an extremely senile old man couldn't keep his thoughts coherent or remember what he'd been doing a minute before, he'd likely find himself going back and forth, seemingly aimlessly. They'd defend themselves, albeit poorly, if attacked. My analysis is that it's like that, but rather than by having regular human thoughts and urges, they, as Forsaken, are still filled with hate, pain, misery and wangst. Indeed, they'd probably be aware of their state like dear old Gretchen, but be helpless to do anything against it.

It seems like Blizz can't decide whether they just lose their minds, though, or become the Lich King's slaves again. The conception regarding mindless ones falling back under the Lich King's power probably means that the Lich King is constantly trying to reassume control of the Forsaken, but due to their strong will and the fact they slipped his grasp before, he needs their mental functions to degrade significantly before he can do so.

I think that after what happened to the Lich King, though, the Scourge is just being kept under control to prevent them from rampaging and organising a proper war effort. I'd say that bringing Forsaken back into his fold represents a war effort of some description, and hence probably ain't gonna happen.

So, in short, the question's already been answered, and my quotes and paragraph lecture were unneccesary :P (but hey, overkill is underrated!) Forsaken can become Mindless Ones, but they're no longer the Lich King's slaves when they do so.

The Forsaken should open up a nursing home for them! :D
Sol Wrote:
Shadow Priest Sarvis Wrote:Forsaken can become Mindless Ones, but they're no longer the Lich King's slaves when they do so.

The Forsaken should open up a nursing home for them! :D

The problem with your theory is that the Lich King still exists so therefore they still become his slaves. However, the new Lich King, Bolvar Fordragon is keeping them in check, making sure the Scourge can't threaten the world.. of warcraft again.
[Image: 8.gif][Image: 3.gif] - Ometh
[Image: 7.gif][Image: 9.gif] - Vyrin - An Undead Warrior who still feels human, plagued by the Infinite Flight.
[Image: 2.gif][Image: 5.gif] - Doryan
[Image: 1.gif][Image: 6.gif] - Zeklettau
[Image: 1.gif][Image: 4.gif] - Drejan
Quote:The problem with your theory is that the Lich King still exists so therefore they still become his slaves. However, the new Lich King, Bolvar Fordragon is keeping them in check, making sure the Scourge can't threaten the world.. of warcraft again.

Is that so? I would've thought Ner'zhul would gain control... Then just go back to building the Scourge.

I never did the event, nor read about it, I might be wrong but meh.
McKnighter Wrote:
Quote:The problem with your theory is that the Lich King still exists so therefore they still become his slaves. However, the new Lich King, Bolvar Fordragon is keeping them in check, making sure the Scourge can't threaten the world.. of warcraft again.

Is that so? I would've thought Ner'zhul would gain control... Then just go back to building the Scourge.

That's exactly what I thought, when I saw the video. It looked to me, like Bolvars mind *immediately* shifted, when he put the helm on. If I am not wrong, Tirion offers Bolvar help with the undeads and Bolvar just answers with:"No, I can do it, go now and DON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT THAT." That looked in my eyes like Ner'Zhul, using his 'new disguise' to order Tirion away, so he can finally rebuilt the cult of the damned and the undead legions. Especially the "...don't tell anyone about it"-part made me think that way.

My guess is, that this video and the possibilities are Blizzards great joker when they run out of ideas again.

"You guys know what? There will be a new Addon and it's called 'Return of Wrath of the Lich King'. Have fun playing!" The game will pay maybe on a rebuilt Northend. It would save them a lot of time, since they have all these models of undeads and cultists now...
Mayson Wrote:
McKnighter Wrote:

That's exactly what I thought, when I saw the video. It looked to me, like Bolvars mind *immediately* shifted, when he put the helm on. If I am not wrong, Tirion offers Bolvar help with the undeads and Bolvar just answers with:"No, I can do it, go now and DON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT THAT." That looked in my eyes like Ner'Zhul, using his 'new disguise' to order Tirion away, so he can finally rebuilt the cult of the damned and the undead legions. Especially the "...don't tell anyone about it"-part made me think that way.

My guess is, that this video and the possibilities are Blizzards great joker when they run out of ideas again.

"You guys know what? There will be a new Addon and it's called 'Return of Wrath of the Lich King'. Have fun playing!" The game will pay maybe on a rebuilt Northend. It would save them a lot of time, since they have all these models of undeads and cultists now...

Just depends on whether or not Bolvar wins for dominance over the Lich King. it'd be neat to think he doesn't and Ner'zhul finally leaves his throne.. After all, Blizzard said his story wasn't over.. ;]
[Image: 7.gif][Image: 9.gif] - Vyrin - An Undead Warrior who still feels human, plagued by the Infinite Flight.
Okay, okay, people, Lore time.
Ner'zhul got pushed back into the crevices of the mind, and weakened by Arthas.
Thus, Bolvar is perfectly fine as of now. Of course, Ner'zhul will eventually take over, la la la, and another expansion because Blizzard is running out of ideas...
There fault, they put Azshara and Deathwing in the same XPac
Cataclysm ---> Emerald Dream ---> Maelstrom ---> Return of the Lich King?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question on the Scarlet Crusade (Faction Question) Toulac 8 2,527 10-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Diethe
  Help of the Forsaken. 3brothersInn 9 1,975 06-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Last Post: therew