The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Human Shamans.
Is this possible lore wise on this server? Retail wise I once rolled a human shaman and no one seemed to mind...much. It all comes down to explanation but here me out.
Humanity first started off in tribes of people correct? No matter where they were they always had some tribal way about them at first. Even in present day there are still shamans in this world who claim to talk to spirit and do other things shamans do.
I do not want to roll a human and then call him a shaman I want to use one in a story. I have recalled Amority's story because of this reason and I want it to be great.
Would this be possible?
If you do not have access to the class from the character select screen, then you cannot make the character.

Thus, no human shaman.

Of course, a GM's opinion on the matter might be different. But I believe this is just the way things work on the server.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
While the game mechanics and server policies don't allow it in general, lore-wise it isn't incorrect for a human to be some sort of geomancer/shamman. ICly, Kruzen's troops down in Stranglethorn have such abilities.

Let's not forget, ICly there are also human hunters and Belf Warriors. Not everything is backed by game mechanics :D

But the answer for the server? Probably not.
So Ivan say to me "Who was talking device then?"

And then Sergei say "But Ivan is dead"

That is when I realize Sergei was bear.
It might if there's a special application and if it actually ever happened in lore.

I know I deviated slightly from the classes and races but it's in a more functional way. For example, my gnome has a shotgun and was raised to hunt, so she's a hunter, and my blood elf is working to be a warrior. However, classes like hunter and warrior are more different fighting styles, it's not like say rolling an orc paladin.

Overall it'll likely be a no, but with good reason I could see someone deviating from a race and class if the class itself can be summed up by hunting critters or swinging a sword.
I see human members of the Twilight Hammer cult using shaman abilities.
Pain is an illusion.
In the past we have said no, and I imagine we will continue to say no for now. We prefer that people try to stick with race/class combinations that are availiable, exceptions are made for the more obvious choices that should be relatively common (human hunters, blood elf warriors as mentioned above) and everyone are welcome to RP variants or other classes that naturally fit with their chosen race. The more uncommon race/class combos, the human shaman, night elf mage or what have you, are if not a strict no at the very least a special profile.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I don't see it happening, really. First of all, humans don't tend to have the views on nature and spirits that other races sometimes do. I mean, they're just now getting hunter in Cataclysm, and that class is just the shallow end of the nature pool.

While I've said before it's very possible to differ from the norm, and you could have a human who respected nature and the spirits, you have to realize that your character didn't just -become- a shaman because of his mindset. And because we've yet to see real proof of human shamans, we can't really OK a human going to another human shaman trainer that he just happened to stumble upon.

And, realistically, before anyone asks, draenei shamans (and even dwarven shamans in Cataclysm) aren't likely to just give out training to anyone who waltzes on over. Shamans are very advanced, so much so that we've realized not long ago that we don't even know that much about them. It would not be a class easily filled by someone out of the norm. You could write a special profile for it, but it'd have to be pretty special to make it look realistic.

Best of luck, I guess.
[Image: badge.jpg]
Well I have on thing to say too all of you!
Thank you :)
My favorite author once said "In my youth I threw my ignorance at the world and they would beat it down. In the end What I had was a very sharp tool of precision."
I thank you for your opinions and I will respect the server rules. HOWEVER! This will not deter me. My ignorance still reigns over me. Sadly this is the truth.
I will make a Post and I KNOW it will be denied. But at least I say I tried.
But then again it may just be easier to make a story without it. I will see what happens.

I thank you all.
Btw guys, DustinEiland wanted to use a human shaman in a story, she didnt want to roll one. Therefore, I personally would say its perfectly acceptable to include one in a story as long as its in the correct setting.

Edit: typos.
Glonick
A gnomish engineer, intrigued by explosive devices. A recruit of The Regiment, mostly referred to as "Demoman" or "Demoboy".

Joseph Smith
A human warrior, hoping to travel to distant lands.
Not necessarily. If that's how we do things, I might as well put in my story that I'm the son of Illidan. Now, I'm not trying to be mean and suggest that the original topic is as stupid as if I were to say that, because it's not. A large portion of the topic is whether or not they really exist, which can't be proven yet.
You don't seem to understand, do you? He's not saying that he will roll a human shaman, he's most likely going to mention in a story that he knows one.
Glonick
A gnomish engineer, intrigued by explosive devices. A recruit of The Regiment, mostly referred to as "Demoman" or "Demoboy".

Joseph Smith
A human warrior, hoping to travel to distant lands.
And I'm going to mention in a story that I'm best buds with Illidan.

Like I said before, while the concept isn't as stupid as knowing Illidan, it has to be realistic for it to happen. You've no right to treat me as if I'm stupid if you can't comprehend my post. I had no intention of starting a fight over as simple a thread as this. Why must it be necessary for you to?

I've made my point, and you've made yours. As far as anything else goes, it should be up to his deliberation.
Eh, I think its just that humans are too destructive. Don't get me wrong, maybe just maybe there is a shamanistic human out there, but I really doubt there is an actual shaman. Humans are too into the whole Light/Arcane scene to delve into shamanism

Still, its possible I guess, Blizzard didn't give some classes to some races for balance more so then lore...
I think the main issue really is that, humans just don't have the knowledge, or the innate spirituality to become a shaman. unlike being a mage, you couldnt simply go find yourself a book, study study study and then go out and weild shamanistic magic cause its only bestowed on you if you can contact the spirits, and if the spirits permit you to use that magic. That kind of knowledge would need some explanation as to why a human would have it at all, as they would have to be taught 1 to 1 by another experienced shaman, who would more than likely view humans as a naive and young race, too reckless to weild the power over the spirits.

All just opinion though, though another question is. Why do you -want- a human shaman? There are races much more suited for being the class, and I can't think of reason why you would want to except to be different for different's sake. Not trying to bash the idea, just not sure how your thinking of going about it :)
On a side note, ever considered a dwarf shaman? They have those solidly in lore within the the wildhammer clan, and if you read up on it that might be more permitted, with dwarf shamans coming out in cataclysm after all. Though best to ask a GM bout that one first. *nod*

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lore and Shamans simianthief 2 707 06-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Last Post: simianthief
  Animism - Shamans and Druids Rubykuby 9 1,969 09-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Rubykuby
  Shamans: The More you know Jeff 12 2,021 03-30-2009, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Theik
  Shamans in the Cenarion Circle? Hawk 12 1,945 03-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Nostra