The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Catacombs.
Deep below the surface of Deadwind Pass ( or Duskwood, depending on where you're standing at the time ), lies a series of tombs and tunnels where the scum of Azeroth find a haven. A place where all manner of Dark cults, cunning thieves, and anyone else who wishes to escape the ever watchful eye of the authorities forge alliances and find a means to achieve their personal goals.

Within these tombs you will have access to:

- An expansive labyrinth of stone. Seriously, this place is as big as Orgrimmar.

- Hundreds of thousands of books on nearly every subject imaginable.

- A Warlock den, for all your Demonology and Fel-drinking needs.

- A mountain of bones and corpses for you Necromancer, Graven One, and Death Knight types.

- A newly-furnished Dark cathedral.

- A massive alchemy lab, complete with our own garden of herbs.

- A Spartaaaaa! pit, for the lulz.

- And more!

Seriously, this place needs more action. There's hardly ever more than two or three people down there at a time, and it's a real shame. There's a lot of potential for the place, not just as a spot for wicked characters to chill.

I understand that some of the newer folks don't know it's here, and that's fine because now you do, but some of the older members thought they weren't -allowed- down there, which was mind boggling.

How to gain access: There is a portal in GM Island, second to last on the right, that leads directly here. Your IC reasons for being there and how you heard of the place is entirely up to you. Just come down and enjoy the place!
Thanks for this information I may be changing my normal spot to there. (:

EDIT: Oh my god I had no idea any of that even existed. I will definitely be spending more time there.
You should also mention that you don't talk about the Catacombs IC to people who shouldn't/don't know about it, or you and whoever you told gets to die.
Pain is an illusion.
AM180 Wrote:You should also mention that you don't talk about the Catacombs IC to people who shouldn't/don't know about it, or you and whoever you told gets to die.

This brings up a good point.

Earlier on today there was some talk about Role-playing in the Catacombs. Alot of people were asking about the rules concerning the Catacombs ("If I'm good can I go down there?") and how one can go down there in the first place ("Oh, I heard about it from X, Y and Z.").

I think it would be good to clear the rules around the Catacombs and how one can get down there out. That way newer players can go down and enjoy the upside down corpses.

They're upside down. And in water. It's awesome.

EDIT: Forgot to mention they are corpses also. It's awesome.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
I absolutely love the Alchemy room with the fog. It's amazing. My new home base. :>
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite zone on CotH.
Kibbles, Bits, Snack, Piggy, Breadcrumbs, Onion and Dancer would absolutely -love- company.

So more people should show up.
Looks like you need some Majyk.

Characters
Spoiler:
Ordin
Bregar Cimitero
Luscia Cimitero
Freya Grey
Blaudia Nihil
Roderick Giordano
Majyk
Apostasy
Azibo
Maxwell Pennington
Vyriel
Derin Taylor
Yeva Everbloom
Evissa
Vivi
AM180 Wrote:You should also mention that you don't talk about the Catacombs IC to people who shouldn't/don't know about it, or you and whoever you told gets to die.

It's such a good thing nobody metagames then. Right?
Rosencrat Wrote:

This brings up a good point.

Earlier on today there was some talk about Role-playing in the Catacombs. Alot of people were asking about the rules concerning the Catacombs ("If I'm good can I go down there?") and how one can go down there in the first place ("Oh, I heard about it from X, Y and Z.").

I think it would be good to clear the rules around the Catacombs and how one can get down there out. That way newer players can go down and enjoy the upside down corpses.

They're upside down. And in water. It's awesome.

EDIT: Forgot to mention they are corpses also. It's awesome.

I often do treat it similar to a coven, where you basically wouldn't know of it unless you were a member of one. And knowing of it without permission or stumbling upon it randomly can lead to death. It's also filled with thugs and spell casters as guards, so things like unwanted guests, jail breaks, and even fighting amongst ourselves would be quickly resolved with bloodshed.

However!

It can be used for more than just a coven, like I said. Just like any RP spot, if it's empty and you want to use it, -you- decide the rules. Maybe while a Paladin or some other "good" character is RPing in it, it's a dungeon of some sort, filled with undead creatures and treasures! And with phasing, you can basically get your own version of the area to RP in with its own objects. This is great for events that require a creepy place to explore. Pletious and I are planning a fun dungeon crawl event where this is what we're going to do.
What's a coven? Could you explain how we would get legitimate access to this ICly please? Im interested in RPing down there on my Forsaken DK.
Glonick
A gnomish engineer, intrigued by explosive devices. A recruit of The Regiment, mostly referred to as "Demoman" or "Demoboy".

Joseph Smith
A human warrior, hoping to travel to distant lands.
The word coven typically refers to a gathering of witches (or warlocks). They experience a camaraderie that is the result of both their shared interests and also by the fact that they must perform their tasks in secret due to the responses that they would otherwise get if people knew of their activities.
Nglsk Wrote:What's a coven? Could you explain how we would get legitimate access to this ICly please? Im interested in RPing down there on my Forsaken DK.

Like I said, there are a bunch of ways to legitimately gain access to it. You could be a warlock/necromancer/graven one/DK/thief/etc looking for a place where you don't have to worry about the gallows.

But a coven is just a group of people who study the darker aspects of the arcane: Fel, Necromancy, Shadow, etc.

Another thing I'd like to add is that this spot is by far my favorite area in WoW. I don't really care what it's used for so long as it's being used. If I see people there on /who, I'd likely stop by and try to add a little something to -whatever- it is you're doing there.
Oh alright, thanks for the info! I guess I have a reason to be down there, so I'm sure I'll pop along every now and then!
Glonick
A gnomish engineer, intrigued by explosive devices. A recruit of The Regiment, mostly referred to as "Demoman" or "Demoboy".

Joseph Smith
A human warrior, hoping to travel to distant lands.
Sol Wrote:I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite zone on CotH.

Orly? You said this at Barrens too...

This is madness! Liar! Keel him!

Anyways, the Catacombs is used by a guild, and we're pretty active in it... No one else is down there though.
Wow I think I remember that place from WAAAAAY back it used to be locked off, and i think my cuz knew a glitch to get inside. He described the upside down corpses and everything. Wow thats awsome how you guys opened it up and awsomized it! XD

I will prolly stumble in there when I start my Warlock (prolly after gruntship).
Fallen to the Darkness,
lost to the Light,
she wanders alone,
in places of astounding height,
once a Champion,
of Life, of Love,
now only Hateful,
the Defiled and Murdered Dove

I Have Risen...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to RP in the Catacombs. [WIP] Nexi 12 1,936 08-23-2010, 01:38 PM