The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Void
Here's a track that seems to suit the Void very well.

History

While I was thinking about what makes the Void, the Void, something occured to me when I was in a tribal museum, looking at all the crazy masks and costumes from tribes all around the world. Also seeing how much Blizzard never make anything up and take everything from everywhere else so to make an original story line within lore is so hard that you may as well take the same sources blizzard did and mold it to the lore.

A question I often asked my self was where the Void started from. At first it was Lucius who started it, like a group of teen cultists being silly then something went wrong and Lucius was the last one living and he decided to change things.

Then I changed the storyline and said it was a group of human nomads in the badlands aaages ago... but that got boring and suckish and it didn't really make any sense.

So I contented my self with not knowing for a while and it all being hiebie jeebee and vague, which works for the Void but people didn't like it so.. whatever, might as well think of something good and please people at the same time.

The Void was created by a group of Trolls towards the end of the Gurubashi Empire, and the clans falling apart. These Trolls aimed to keep a balance and a peace, or as much of it as they could, knowing that all forces must have an opposite. So they had Voodoos, Witch Doctors, Hexers and so on. Centuries passed and the Void realised that they had to teach their ways to other races if the Void was to continue. So they captured Humans and taught them everything, it would be a common thought that the Humans would rebel against their Troll masters, but they didn't for the power of the Void is much too influential and soon, the Humans were equals among the Trolls. Alas, the Trolls couldn't continue recruiting their own race, for the once grand empire was reduced to barbaric tribes who had little care for the balance that the Void based them selves upon.. so it became a Human cult over the years as the Trolls one by one passed away.

The Humans stayed loyal to their cause, and eventually recruited High Elves, Dwarves and Gnomes. They stayed in hiding, gathering their forces until the rise of the Lich King. By which time the world was in dire need of a balance. They aimed to undermine the Fel and destructive cults which brood near their origins of Zul'Gurub, but were almost wiped out by a band of supposed "heros" who battled against the cultists the Void were attempting to bring down, mistaking the Void for one of them.

So now, in one of its darkest times, the Void must gather strength and rise against their enemies, and restore the balance they are sworn to keep. The few remaining members traveled far and wide, to regain knowledge lost when they were almost wiped out. They operate in the shadows, in secret. Members come from all walks of life. Your best friend could be one, but you wouldn't know they were. Even if you did, you wouldn't know what it truly entails. And so, the potential for their influence is almost limitless. Like unseen watchers..
"Even a stopped clock, tells the right time twice a day."
'scuse spelling mistakes. I am using an azerty key board instead of a qwerty, and I tell you it is hell!
How is rank going to work in this?
We've returned! I'll get on ranks.. like now?
Ok, I was just curious.
Well, I can't get on again until I get actual discs, so don't count on me being on for a few weeks.
Wait. Why would a Holy Priest work with these people?
Well, Danalthar, I can see the thinking as to why. But I disagree with it, really. The Void wants to destroy all evil, but they go about it in an...evil...? way...

I suppose, because Lightwielders hate evil, theoretically, they may join. But in practice, I doubt they would...
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
It's like allowing warlocks, death knights and shadowpriests to aid in the war, a necessary evil.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Blah.. I should have said this before but I am in France for two more weeks ish. The reason is rather private, but the out come is no wow during that time. Buuut I have trippy shizzle RP ready for all of ya'll not only "Voidians" take part in. So if you want to try out something else than being a merc that is never hired in booty bay, or an evil warlock that isn't actually that evil for once be my guest.

Also I am thinking of adding shamans. Then everybody goes "WTF WHY SHAMANS?" well.. shamans can be the most messed up bad guys, and it's actually quite common for a shaman to go ape shit crazy and want to destroy the world. Why? Because elements are minions of the Old Gods, and shamans hear elementals all the time. All it takes it that an evil elemental comes along and drives the shaman crazy. Aka, the majority of the Twilight Hammer, and what happened to Death Wing. Also shamans have awesome abilities which suit the Void perfectly, for example, re-living memories through a ritual done on an object which belonged to the thing in question where the object had a certain role with the events that have taken place. A weapon, or a trinket for example.. So it is understandable that ex-evil shamans, or shamans going evil fall into the Void and become the evil good guys. Just remembering that not everything is black and white, the Void is the shade of grey of the unknown which most people are afraid of. Are we evil or are we good? Even I dunno, we are just the Void. With a purpose, and a cause, unclear at the moment, even to me.

So all you Lovecraft, Issac Asimov and Athur C. Clark fans, this is the guild for you. I'll keep you posted when I come back.
Voidians are advised to listen to trip hop... but it's optional, I find music helps you get into the mood of things. And the wave length of our RP is high on the trippy chart. So trippy music goes well with, y'know? But I don't care if you are rockin out to abba while RPing. Haha. Whatever floats your boat, just remember that most of the guild is based around the psyche, dreams, illusions, visions.
Haha here is the leader of the void
History update. It's up the top.
Anyway. The Void are using the cave South of Silithus, sadly, the easiest way to get there with out a Summon, is to swim towards Silithus. You should arive there anyway, but incase you do, it is East from the Tauren farm there. You can tell from a distance anyway, due to that area has a few big trees anyway. If you are lucky enough to get a water run buff, it will be a lot faster. Anyway, I'll sort out a warlock summon for anyone while I am online.

Peace.
I'm leaving the guild. Have fun with... Voidness.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Children of the Void Volshi 0 631 08-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Volshi