The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Gold is second only to Godliness:
((These are the flashbacks and the rest of my human rogue's background story.))

Click. Ding. Bip. Bing. Click. Chip. Click. Bip.

The young human male was breathing heavily and seemed frustrated, the boiling over rage starting to be seen. He was trying to line up lights and switches on a strange device quickly.

BRWOOP!

The system shut down and a goblin laughed heavily behind him.

"Eh. You gonna need more work with those things. See you do not know how to properly reconfigure are eight-stage multi-locking twist code system. These things are top of the line for keeping people out of what you want secret or stowed away."

The goblin in his suit and tie, wandered up beside the young man at the door and shrugged.

"I am not paying you to screw up kid."

He sighed and rubbed his temples.

"Sir. These things are insane..."

The goblin snickered, cigar up to his mouth and he snapped a match against a truesilver cufflink. His cigar sparked to life, he took a long drag on it and smoke wheezed from his nostrils.

"Boy. You are in my imployment. Insane is an understatement; So get your act together Ashton, or I will be forced to taze your groin again."

Ashton quickly nodded and fixed his hair, one hand defensively place on his belt. He swallowed hard and bowed to the goblin.

"Of course Sir Grezz Snickerbolt. Sir. Yes. Right away"

The goblin known as Grezz snapped his fingers and Ashton was almost already out of the room and back down the elegant and gilded hallways. He eased past pretty servant girls and around the occasional hobgoblin carrying heavy boxes. He slinked into a back room and dropped onto a chair.

A troll aimed a knife at Ashton and sputtered quickly.

"Etchu needa stopp'n da jumpin' ta break rooms whenchu wanna fix! getcha ou! Dis my break room. Go getty outa slacker boy!"

Ashton quickly as out of their and he breathed carefully as a scantily dressed girl passed him. He then snuck about the halls again and snuck into another room he grumbled.

"Grezz is having me break locks that I do not have the skillset for... And -"

A dark iron dwarf looked to him with his hazey red eyes and snarled deeply. He lifted a twin barreled flintlock pistol and put it into Ashton's gut pulling him around and slamming him onto the table.

"You going to talk shit about your imployer laddy?"

Ashton sighed and shook his head.

"No. Just the same old shit you know."

The dark iron shrugged and dropped him against the table. He sat back down and took a big mug in his stubby hands. Guzzling the drink happily he shook his pistol in the air. A nearbye man with glasses reading a book looked up to Ashton.

"See... Uncivil bunch you are. I am here for translations and book keeping. You all are a bunch of brash hooligans. I at least know our Benefactor. Sir Snickerbolt. Is a great man."

Ashton whipped his hand over and stole away the man's book and threw it across the room.

"We get shit done. You though... Complain that the break rooms do not have enough tea... Pfft. Go suck on your thumb momma's boy."

The dwarf slammed down his mug pointing his pistol around like crazy.

"Where is the momma's boy! I will show'm!"

Ashton shook his head and pat the dwarf on the shoulder. Offering him another mug and sighing.

"No nancy boys here Grundil. No need to hurt anyone."

The dark iron, Grundil, took the drink and kept up his drinking as quietly as dwarves can. Ashton sighed and kicked back. Putting his feet on the table, the man with glasses that was reading shook his head.

"You do know we are supposed to get work done. Not sit around drinking... Or are you -off duty- again..."

Ashton perked up and nodded. He jumped over the table with his baggy sea fairing clothes bristling in the movement. He snatched up a revolver and a rapier as he landed. He span around and took a rope by the window.

"So I am."

He kicked off and was flying through the air around the massive goblin compound. His feet caught the top of a goblin zepplin as he leapt and rolled on a platform. He dusted himself off and looked to a large black tauren, who had a skull tattoo on his face. The tauren snorted at Ashton and the young man's hair fluttered backward, he closed his eyes and nodded. Then he winced.

"Start running?"

The tauren nodded quietly. Then several men took pipes and cudgels in hand; Ashton quickly slipped down and crawled slightly on the slick wood, until he was able to start working up into a sprint. The tauren roared and the thugs gave chase.

"Damnit. Damnit. Damnit." Ashton mumbled to himself as he ran, He then barked back at them. "It was only seven crates! And... An explosion... And... The girl doesn't count!"

Then as heent around a corner he was closelined by another tauren. The tauren snatched him up with both hands, The tauren slinked into the darkness behind some boxes. He covered Ashton's mouth as the thugs passed, setting down Ashton he snorted heavily.

"That is five favors..."

Ashton sighed and nodded to the tauren as he started walking away.

"I will make sure to keep my eyes and ears open for anything I can do for you alright?"

The tauren grumbled and kept moving large boxes. Ashton stepped around a corner and then bumped into a mob, the roads of Kezan. The mobs of people clammered about, dancers on the sides of buildings. Men and women shouting about prices and new deals. Commerce, if it had a heaven, this would be it.

-----------------------

A goblin tugged Ashton to a side vendor and nodded.

"I've got what you need. See these twelve shot multi-semi action revolvers?"

Another goblin shouted from right next door.

"Bah! Take advantage of this offer, blow those out of the water. Using these new improved Khorium-Cross Nitrate Marble Bombs! Concealable! Fun at parties! Great weaponry for stealth gone wrong!"

Ashton left the two goblins to their bickering and he snuck back through the crowds; humans, trolls, tauren, dwarves, goblins, gnolls, just about every species in some form could be seen in this city's streets. He span around and snuck into an inn, in the place he was greated by a red headed girl with ravishing looks, red lipstick and the like, Ashton's eye wanere for only a moment. Then he was able to fight past her to the bar.

"What you want? - No! I ask! What he want! You make drinks!"

A two headed ogre... Of all things?

Ashton looked up and yelped, "The basics Mok'Lot. You know... Just."

The ogre picked him up in a big hug, his spine popping several times as he was crunched; the heads spoke in unison.

"Good friend is big help to us. Yes! We get you drink Ash!"

He was set back down, he swayed slightly gasping for air.

"Of course... Yes - Ugh.. Eurgh.... Yeah..."

A glass was set down daintily by the large ogre before Ashton and he smiled.

"Thanks guys."

The ogres blurted.

"No problem sir Ash - No. I thank him!"

Ashton shrugged and span around on his seat to face the entire place, then he got a nice look at the tauren and the thugs again, they entered the building. Ashton span back around and sputtered to the ogre.

"Code Red."

The ogre quickly grabbed Ashton and shoved him under the bar. The tauren came up to the bar and sniffed before speaking.

"Whisky. A barrel."

Coins were dropped on the countertop above Ashton, he closed his eyes and tried not to move. The ogre placed a barrel on the counter for the tauren.

"Ere you go sir."

The tauren and his goons left, the ogre removed Ashton from below and nodded to him.

"No need for people kill Ash today."

Ashton sighed.

"After this drink I should get back to Snickerbolt. He will want me for something in an hour or so..."
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]